Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't help but notice you're from St. Augustine. Spent the last 4 years there but just moved back home after graduating. Cant wait to take my bronco back there
Did you go to Flagler? And other than the beach, my Bronco won't be going anywhere. I'm not into the mud bogs (Auggie Bog or Hog Waller).
Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Colorado is a frozen tundra and we live in little Igloos out on the prairie.
To be fair that does aptly describe west Kansas, I mean eastern CO

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not about who is "getting it". We all have our reasons for looking at the Bronco. For people like you, the offroad hardware and capability is what you find value in. All other things are of little importance.
As for me, I'm not looking for Cadillac luxury here. Buyers like me want a vehicle to drive on a daily basis that not only looks good, can take us anywhere we want to go, but also seems worth it's $55k price tag. A member here referred me to a F150 King Ranch. Now that's a work truck, yet it has a nice interior, so why can't Ford do the same with the Bronco.
Yes, these Broncos are preproduction and I'm really hoping the final product shows more refinement.
I understand what may be "worth" $55k to you may be different to me.

Part of our differing viewpoint is a definition of "nice". Mine is likely more simplistic than yours. To me, $55k is way above "nice". To me, an F-150 King Ranch IS a luxury interior. A F150 King Ranch STARTS at 55k, in 4x2. If you want 4x4, with NO other options, that jumps to $58,755. You'll be over $60k in the blink of an eye.

We also differ in view because I believe you are comparing apples and oranges. Does the F-150 or the Bronco have more capability? Neither. They're in 2 completely different segments.

Based off the King Ranch example, let's say your budget is $60k. Then I would assume you would buy the First Edition. Not only are you getting the best offroad hardware available, you're also getting a pretty awesome interior. King Ranch quality? Maybe not quite but DARN close.

For the rest of us peons who have a max budget under 50k, you can have EITHER awesome offroad performance with a decent interior, or an awesome interior with decent offroad performance. There is no "both". We could compromise and get "Decent" of both.

Ford has cost targets to hit. They cannot give you a King Ranch interior for less than $55k.

As far as the actual perceived quality of the "Lux" package interior - which in theory should be the highest quality "appearing" interior, I'm going to go ahead and assume that it MUST cost Ford less than a King Ranch interior and therefore it will be "cheaper" in appearance and actuality. They cannot hit a $55k price point with the offroad community's expectations AND the "King Ranch" community's expectations. They are choosing not to cater to the King Ranch community and instead prioritize the offroad community and for many of us that's just fine.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Grabbed a couple screenshots of live video.
2020-09-09 (3).png

Rear HVAC Vent

2020-09-09 (5).png
2020-09-09 (4).png

Appears to be plenty of headroom for someone 6'2"
That HVAC vent looks like it was cut out with a Roto Zip. Gotta believe there will be something more finished the that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
irv0735

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance you can check the seat height? I would have to sit in butt first since I can't raise my legs that high. Being 6' tall, I'd need the seat no higher than 34" from the ground.
I can try tomorrow, but I have my doubts about them allowing a tape measure. Will see if I can get there early again and sweet talk them before it gets too crowded.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can try tomorrow, but I have my doubts about them allowing a tape measure. Will see if I can get there early again and sweet talk them before it gets too crowded.
Thanks! I appreciate it.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to point this out, but that's the exact pattern frame rust appears. The lower holes rust out first.

Example: Notice both upper and lower holes - differential rusting pattern, but typical for inner frame rust.
1599683265850.png
Definitely understand where you're coming from and the long-term truth to your statement but I still think we're dealing with a different animal here. Look at all the dirt in the other areas including the wiring harness. There's even discoloration on the holes up high which would not line up with your suggestion.

Ford Bronco First 2021 Bronco Badlands 2-Door Trail Rig pics & videos from Bronco Super Celebration West! 1599688409443

Maybe I'm just being very optimistic :ROFLMAO:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For real. The more I see the cheaper it looks.
The dash especially looks cheap. Even Wrangler is far more dressed up. Without any padding, all of that plastic will start creaking and squeaking like an old junker.

Sponsored

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there any chance we could get some crude measurements from our co-conspirator on site?

I really want a 2 door, but I also really want to fit my 2 big dogs in the back with the seats folded. I've been curious about the cargo area length w/ the seats folded flat for quite some time now.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great pics! I never noticed that the mirrors had spot mirrors built in. That’s a great feature!
That may because this is mostly lower trim. Higher trim would have the Blis indicator there.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FINALLY, someone who gets it. If people are wanting to buy a "luxury" vehicle - this ain't it.

It will be nice enough, but it will be no Cadillac. Your money is going towards TONS of offroad hardware enhancements that are "luxury" items of the 4x4 world, so-to-speak.

People do not understand the true value of lockers, sway bars, aux switches, low gear sets, etc etc and how "luxurious" that is to an offroader who has to add all that in post-purchase.
I chose an Outer Banks to avoid all that stuff and end up with a Lincoln.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For us Bronco Gals.....if you could snap a picture of a small statured adult in the drivers seat. It would be much appreciated. Not being able to see over the steering wheel might be a deal breaker....depending on how well that trail cam works

Phil_Is_My_Middle_Name

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20MY F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any chance we could get some crude measurements from our co-conspirator on site?

I really want a 2 door, but I also really want to fit my 2 big dogs in the back with the seats folded. I've been curious about the cargo area length w/ the seats folded flat for quite some time now.
It is roughly 48" back of font seat to tailgate door minus the hump on the one side for door mechanism.
Sponsored