Sponsored

Carplay devices that add rooted Android to your screen. Digital gauges, On-X, Youtube etc..

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible to use it with the other port in armrest or somehow require to glovebox?
Ive tried them all and only the USB-A port below the AC controls will work for data. I have a USB-C memory stick which some Mp3's on it, Ford Sync doesn't see them when plugged in the C port. Just like Carplay/Android Auto only the USB-A port works for Mp3's. Kind of a bummer, was hoping to stash my Carplay device in the glovebox but no go, that port is for charging only.
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Received a Carlinkit TBox yesterday and am using it with Apple CarPlay. My Bronco has the full screen update but I am having issue getting the Tbox to work properly. The Tbox thinks it is in full screen but the Bronco pops up the right side panel when I switch to it. This creates the right side of the screen to be covered up. Any suggestions. Is this a firmware issue with the TBox?

646820DF-E84F-44A5-9C91-974A810BF89F.jpeg
Did you ever solve this? Having the exact same issue.

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you ever solve this? Having the exact same issue.
Have you tried updating the firmware? I got mine from Amazon and found a newer firmware for it on their site. Didnt fix pinch/zoom and the gps kept losing position requiring a reboot so I sent it back. I never saw that issue but then the widescreen ford update hadnt been released yet before I upgraded my firmware.

Bascially I had already updated the FW on device, then the Ford update came out and widescreen worked properly.

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plan on updating firmware this week. I did email Carlinkit Support but have not received a response.

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Mikejr66

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I updated the firmware and it is still not working. How frustrating.
yeah very frustrating. Double check it took the new firmware, mine on several occasions just did a factory reset but the firmware actually stayed the same. These things are finicky at best. I emailed those guys, they never wrote back. lol

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you need a SIM card for the box to work or can it work off phone data somehow?

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you need a SIM card for the box to work or can it work off phone data somehow?

I am no expert on these devices so somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - but on mine it appears that you can only play from a SIM card or over the internet (e.g. Netflix). It does not have any access to your phone's storage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mark1031

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am no expert on these devices so somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - but on mine it appears that you can only play from a SIM card or over the internet (e.g. Netflix). It does not have any access to your phone's storage.
You can also use your phone as a Hotspot and have your device connect via wifi like that or get a sim for your bronco and connect to that.

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figure I'll try one of these like I did for my LWN, and the process will probably go the same: Started with a phone and Torque/OBDFusion, then a pass-through HMI module with an AOSP fork Android unit, finally to a Banks iDash 1.8 SuperGauge.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got mine today. Same issue

Been working with tech support on this issue. They requested the following from me so far. They only answer at night (daytime in China) so if you want to save some back-and-forth, here is what they've requested....

1. Screenshot of the device NOT being full screen.

2. Screenshot of your phone USING full screen (to prove the vehicle supports it)

3. A log file from the device. Instructions for getting the log file can be found here: https://carlinkitcarplay.com/produc...box-convert-your-car-screen-to-android-tablet

I just sent my log file to them today so I'll have to set my alarm for midnight to wake up and get the response. At least then, I can reply back and at least get 2 messages per day out of them.

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been working with tech support on this issue. They requested the following from me so far. They only answer at night (daytime in China) so if you want to save some back-and-forth, here is what they've requested....

1. Screenshot of the device NOT being full screen.

2. Screenshot of your phone USING full screen (to prove the vehicle supports it)

3. A log file from the device. Instructions for getting the log file can be found here: https://carlinkitcarplay.com/produc...box-convert-your-car-screen-to-android-tablet

I just sent my log file to them today so I'll have to set my alarm for midnight to wake up and get the response. At least then, I can reply back and at least get 2 messages per day out of them.
Thank you. Do you absolutely need a sim card to run the box? I can't get anything to work without one.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thank you. Do you absolutely need a sim card to run the box? I can't get anything to work without one.

No. It boots up and displays the home screen with no sim card. that way you can at least go into settings and setup your internet connection. if yours doesn't do that - did you turn it on in Bronco settings?

Settings - Phone List - press the play button next to the device name (not your phone name)
Sponsored