Sponsored

If you're out there bucking and ducking...

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do think there’s nuance to this though, right? Obviously there’s no damage done—to one’s feelings or property—but what would compel someone to put her hands on someone else’s property?

It’s like if a woman walks by and a guy pats her on the butt—to say she’s been damaged would be a bit harsh—but why do it in the first place? Just leave her alone. Leave people’s property alone.
It’s nothing like that. At all. Who cares if someone wants to put a duck or whatever on your truck to be funny? No harm. Some people like it a lot, so who give a crap? No one is hurting your wittle truck. No one is committing a crime. No one is doing damage. It’s a truck and they’re doing something that has become a trend that makes some people smile and has never hurt a single soul. Get over yourself.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s nothing like that. At all. Who cares if someone wants to put a duck or whatever on your truck to be funny? No harm. Some people like it a lot, so who give a crap? No one is hurting your wittle truck. No one is committing a crime. No one is doing damage. It’s a truck and they’re doing something that has become a trend that makes some people smile and has never hurt a single soul. Get over yourself.
I'll agree there's little (no) harm, but how on earth is it funny?

Nobody is saying it's a crime, they're saying they can't imagine being of the mindset where leaving cheap trinkets on a stranger's property is acceptable.

I ride a motorcycle. When I was a kid I always wanted one, but my mom would never allow it (thanks mom! :mad:). But even as a child, I would never in a million years have touched a stranger's motorcycle. I'd just stand there and look at it and dream of owning one.

Fast forward quite a few years and I have come out of gas stations/restaurants/etc. and had some stupid parent taking pictures of their child sitting on my motorcycle. In one case, their kid's zipper scratched the paint on my gas tank. Is a scratch in the paint destroying my bike? Of course not, but it never should have happened, because people should respect other people's property.

Just leave other people's property alone. If someone is at their vehicle, feel free to offer them your silly trinkets, if they're not, leave it alone.

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Show me on the duck where he hurt you.

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I all the rubber ducks. ALL. OF. THEM.

Related, sort of. One time I was at a car show and someone left a hot wheel on my Miata that was my exact car. Same generation, color, everything. Best shit ever I tell you what.

I also didn't whine like a little bitch on the forums :)

Sponsored

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do think there’s nuance to this though, right? Obviously there’s no damage done—to one’s feelings or property—but what would compel someone to put her hands on someone else’s property?

It’s like if a woman walks by and a guy pats her on the butt—to say she’s been damaged would be a bit harsh—but why do it in the first place? Just leave her alone. Leave people’s property alone.
You seriously did not compare sexual harassment with placing a fucking rubber duck on a car. Put on your big boy pants and find something else to worry about.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll agree there's little (no) harm, but how on earth is it funny?

Nobody is saying it's a crime, they're saying they can't imagine being of the mindset where leaving cheap trinkets on a stranger's property is acceptable.

I ride a motorcycle. When I was a kid I always wanted one, but my mom would never allow it (thanks mom! :mad:). But even as a child, I would never in a million years have touched a stranger's motorcycle. I'd just stand there and look at it and dream of owning one.

Fast forward quite a few years and I have come out of gas stations/restaurants/etc. and had some stupid parent taking pictures of their child sitting on my motorcycle. In one case, their kid's zipper scratched the paint on my gas tank. Is a scratch in the paint destroying my bike? Of course not, but it never should have happened, because people should respect other people's property.

Just leave other people's property alone. If someone is at their vehicle, feel free to offer them your silly trinkets, if they're not, leave it alone.
You sound like Grandpa Simpson yelling at the cloud…it’s a rubber duck dude. No one is messing with your precious property. You obviously go through life looking to be offended or to create a false grievance to which you can complain about.

Sponsored

C00TER

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just toss them to the ground for some lucky kid to find

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sound like Grandpa Simpson yelling at the cloud…it’s a rubber duck dude. No one is messing with your precious property. You obviously go through life looking to be offended or to create a false grievance to which you can complain about.
And I acknowledged it's a rubber duck... I'm not offended, I've never had some idiot put a duck on my vehicle. If some idiot, in fact, did put a duck on my vehicle, I wouldn't be offended, I'd just throw it in the trash.

The duck isn't the problem, the idiots who leave them are, happy?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And I acknowledged it's a rubber duck... I'm not offended, I've never had some idiot put a duck on my vehicle. If some idiot, in fact, did put a duck on my vehicle, I wouldn't be offended, I'd just throw it in the trash.

The duck isn't the problem, the idiots who leave them are, happy?
Exactly. Today it's a rubber duck, tomorrow someone thinks a plastic Squatch figurine is ok, too. Oh wait, some idiot already thought of that and it wasn't received well either. It's all relative and left up to interpretation. Safest bet? leave people's stuff alone. There's no reason for people to get triggered over those of us that believe we should leave everyone's stuff alone. It quite literally hurts no one . . . to do nothing.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t touch my vehicle. Lol

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For real. I can't imagine a strong stance on this either way. I'm not going to participate, but if I get bucked it's not hurting anything.
Ford Bronco If you're out there bucking and ducking... 1678573159545
Sponsored