Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm In, I to did these last year in May only three really hard parts in my opinion.
Am I correct that "the hard parts" all have bailouts/pass by, so someone, even with the right setup, could still judge each obstacle and choose what they want to do while doing most of the trail?

I'm not new to wheeling, but my Bronco is new and unfamiliar to me, so I'll be getting acquainted with it on this trip and learning a lot. I had a feel for my 15 year old Tacoma and reasonable confidence, but a brand new rig will take a little time behind the wheel to feel the same.

The fact that Bronco with Sasquatch is crazy capable compared to how my 20 year old stock TRD Tacoma on 30" tires was, has me wanting to take it one obstacle at a time as I learn/figure out the truck.

Both anticipation and excitement, can't wait!
Sponsored

JDav

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bikeric, @Bentpushrod, @66GT

So something like this for the 1st. I'd like to be at Mesa Arch at sunrise (6:21am), which appears to be about 10-15 minutes from the Island in the Sky Visitor Center. Then at that point double back to Shafer. The group meetup could be at the Center, at Mesa Arch, or at Shafer. Going with this plan would let us open the group up to more rigs as a quick pace is not critical. I'm told this is about a 10-11 hour day at a relaxed pace.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 134419.png
If I remember correctly, from the parking lot to the Mesa Arch viewpoint is a 10-15 minute hike (but pretty easy)

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Am I correct that "the hard parts" all have bailouts/pass by, so someone, even with the right setup, could still judge each obstacle and choose what they want to do while doing most of the trail?

I'm not new to wheeling, but my Bronco is new and unfamiliar to me, so I'll be getting acquainted with it on this trip and learning a lot. I had a feel for my 15 year old Tacoma and reasonable confidence, but a brand new rig will take a little time behind the wheel to feel the same.

The fact that Bronco with Sasquatch is crazy capable compared to how my 20 year old stock TRD Tacoma on 30" tires was, has me wanting to take it one obstacle at a time as I learn/figure out the truck.

I have post these photos awhile back but the thread is longer now these are from May
and are from these three trails on 35s BFGs A/T. running now 37s.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_0129
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_1454
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_3770
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 IMG_6631
Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 b

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I remember correctly, from the parking lot to the Mesa Arch viewpoint is a 10-15 minute hike (but pretty easy)
That's need to know, thanks!

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have post these photos awhile back but the thread is longer now these are from May

I hope I can get some shots of myself in a few of those same places!!

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that looks like so much fun, I cannot wait!!!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are about to be quite pleasantly surprised. The vehicle closes a lot of gaps where skill and equipped-level make a bigger difference in older rigs.
I've owned several different Jeeps, 70's RamCharger-types of vehicles and this new Bronco is crazy smooth at doing what it does.
Caution to get used to it is wise. But you are going to find out very quickly just how good it really is at a lot of things.
The best at all?
No, but a really solid engineering end product from Ford.
It handles what I would handle in My TJ, the main difference is the Bronco is like "I'm not going to spill my Scotch" and the TJ was like "Look out, comin' through! OOF!".
Wish I had the time off and means to join you guys on this trip as well! Sounds like a blast. Best of luck and we need (most of) the stories when you return.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree we need to know what trails the Safari groups are going to be on each day it would make our scheduling so much easier. Lets at least place on the spreed sheet for Wednesday and be flex able one we have more info.
I took 4/29 out and put a TBD for the trifecta.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It handles what I would handle in My TJ, the main difference is the Bronco is like "I'm not going to spill my Scotch" and the TJ was like "Look out, comin' through! OOF!".
Ha! That's like the B2 I picked up, it's built to about the level as Sasquatch but it's more hammer down. Ideally the tons and doubler are under it for my Moab sequel.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side thread for the PNW crew for traveling down: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/caravan-to-moab.65598/

Tricky Dick Confirmed
Felix808 Confirmed
Bmadda Confirmed
NORCALGXP Confirmed
Snacktime Interested
F150rubyred Confirmed
66GT Confirmed
VoltageDrop Confirmed
Hossamus Prime Confirmed
goatman2 Confirmed
DefNotBuddyLee Interested
TheKim Confirmed
Rimrattle Confirmed
B Miller Confirmed
8cam Interested
The Beaz Interested
MoabRox Confirmed
BabyBlue_Badlands Confirmed
Hemisfear Interested
Fedexman1978 Interested
Bentpushrod Confirmed
DC9atnight Confirmed
The Bronze Confirmed
Laserdoc Confirmed
SuzH Confirmed
Bikeric Confirmed
BigMeatsBronco Confirmed
Bigdiesel76 Confirmed
Arrowbear Rider Confirmed
BroncoTrail Confirmed
El Diablo Confirmed
[/QUOTE]
Change me to CONFIRMED! woohoo!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Tricky,
I was scheduled to report for jury duty for a trial beginning at the end of April, so unfortunately I had resigned to not attending the Safari.
Monday I was granted my freedom and after a lot of scrambling I have confirmed my accommodations and resgistered.
If you could offer any advise to get me up to speed would be greatly appreciated!

Change me to CONFIRMED! woohoo!
Done! Not many fence sitters left.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are about to be quite pleasantly surprised. The vehicle closes a lot of gaps where skill and equipped-level make a bigger difference in older rigs.
I've owned several different Jeeps, 70's RamCharger-types of vehicles and this new Bronco is crazy smooth at doing what it does.
Caution to get used to it is wise. But you are going to find out very quickly just how good it really is at a lot of things.
True statement there. I was cautious the first time wheeling in my Bronco. The next time out I conquered trails I never would take my 4Runner, Tundra or Tacoma on. The funnest part is cresting a hill to find the SXS’s hanging out, then I drive right past them and up the next obstacle!! Got the seats on heat or AC blowing cold too. Windows up for water crossing’s. The Bronco is just a more comfortable and civilized trail rig.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fully intend on driving the trifecta one day during Bronco Safari week if anyone cares to join. The trifecta consists of Poison Spider, Golden Spike and Gold Bar Rim. Last time I drove it, in August, I also threw in some of Where Eagles Dare. To do these trails you will need 35” tires and lockers so Sasquatch is mandatory and good tires definitely help.
i'm down too!

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Add my name to the sheet.
Where is the sheet? Our Gold Country Bronco crew will have about 3 confirmed going. Maybe a few others, we won’t all be hitting the same stuff together but talked about doing a meet and greet at our place possible. Can’t be dozens of rigs but we can fit a few. We talked about doing some stuff with Mitch too. Maybe I can get him to tag along. Good dude to wheel with
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.