Bigeye27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make what ... a million F-150's a year so 117k Bronco's is just a niche to Ford as the manuals are in relation to the overall Bronco numbers. With that reasoning then Ford should just drop everything and tell everyone to buy an F-150, sad thing is that most would be happy with that.
Any vehicle is niche to compared to the best selling truck of all time....smart.

650,000 F 150's in 2022 BTW.

Bronco ain't niche. Just like a Jeep - was niche, no longer is niche.
Sponsored

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
BTW, I for sure wasn’t trying to talk you out of it, I still love the Bronco. I just know how difficult it was trying to get one. I felt like giving up on the order countless times.

Maybe you could find one out of state and drive to get it. I drove a manual 2019 Tacoma Pro before getting mine, and while it was really nice, I think I’d rather drive to get a Bronco over it. That’s just my personal opinion though. Like you, I wasn’t a fan of how long the Tacoma was.
Ohh trust me, you aren't. Ford's been plenty good at doing it on their own. I actually called every dealer in the PNW and a bunch more in the Rockies last week. Called a couple more that showed stock online further east. The ones I spoke to selling at MSRP won't sell to out of state customers.

I really think I'm at the point of giving up on it. This is my first car purchase in 15 years and I just want to be done with it. The thought of losing out on another summer because Ford can't get their head out of their collective asses just sucks too.

Bigeye27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For '24 you can only get a manual in the V8 Mustangs, no more on the 2.3. I guess Ford didn't read Mini's latest survey results:
Perhaps because a Mini is a sports car, not a truck. Sorta like a Ferrari which no longer builds a manual vehicle either even though their entire heritage is built on manual transmission vehicles. Everybody wants a manual but only Porsche 911 enthusiasts actually buy them.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Perhaps because a Mini is a sports car, not a truck. Sorta like a Ferrari which no longer builds a manual vehicle either even though their entire heritage is built on manual transmission vehicles. Everybody wants a manual but only Porsche 911 enthusiasts actually buy them.
Have you looked at used Ferrari manual values recently? just because they don't make them doesn't mean their clientele doesn't want them and would probably pay a premium for the option if given.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
They dropped the stick on the Countryman a couple years ago even though the chassis hasn't recieved any updates. Same with Jeep and the Renegade.

All I know is, I didn't pour chocolate milk on my cheerios this morning. You just like fighting with people who already feel burned? Talk about punching down, dude.

Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Keep in mind that Ford does not produce manuals, so they are at the mercy of the supplier.

OP
OP
johntesi

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep in mind that Ford does not produce manuals, so they are at the mercy of the supplier.
How much did they pay you to say this?

Sounds a lot like every person on their "Marketing" hotline... "That is between you and the dealership, Ford does not do that."

"So you're telling me Ford doesn't ever do anything to help its customers, even when they're literally begging you for the opportunity to buy a product from you?"

"That is between you and the dealer, sir."

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
B0E765DE-5667-4F91-8F06-C0DC1E545292.png

Amidst the saga of my dealer selling my custom ordered 2 door / Badlands / 7MT / High Package out from under me, I got this fun little tidbit in a very unhelpful Twitter conversation with everyone’s favorite Ford rep.

Since Ford isn’t doing anything for me, I figured I’d throw some gasoline on the rumor mill / frustration fire.

Enjoy!
Given his track record, I'd say that means NO manuals for MY24

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

“Hope” implies no control or influence. “I am hopeful it doesn’t rain” would be appropriate for him. He’s over the Bronco program,wtf?

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2nd bronco was a abandoned order and I was only going to keep it for a short time and order a 23. But after driving it for a month I decided I had to keep it. The manual is very very fun to drive

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure trying... the markups and lowballs on my trade-in have me worried that I won't come within 8 grand of the deal I had and lost. If I can even find a similarly-specced Bronco at all.

Ford Bronco Manual transmission will “hopefully” be back for model year 2024 Bronco says Mike Levine 1680298600489

Ford Bronco Manual transmission will “hopefully” be back for model year 2024 Bronco says Mike Levine 1680298625419

Ford Bronco Manual transmission will “hopefully” be back for model year 2024 Bronco says Mike Levine 1680298686506

OP
OP
johntesi

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model