SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but almost all of them are just for a noisy transmission and not any actual mechanical failure. I have the noise as well and while it’s annoying, I’m waiting it out to see if there’s an actual fix or if this leads to any actual mechanical failure. I have almost 12k miles on my 21 7mt.
Waiting it out to see if there’s an actual fix, instead of doing the TSB with newly updated parts? They’ve updated both the 7MT assembly part number and the synchro revision itself. Are you just gonna wait until everyone else does the TSB and confirms the new parts work?
Sponsored

BT!

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who wants a 2 door auto ? The landrover 90 is a much better option if forced to have a slushbox.

He said no. Nicely. What more do you want?

He probably called over to somebody at Chrysler and said something like "hey man, how do your Wrangler manuals sell?" and the response was "like shit!"

Ford has made so many mistakes with the Bronco, one was making custom orders allowable with far too many options. Three years later Ford is starting to take their medicine.

Let it go. Two door autos are not that hard to find.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve only swapped it once so far. It’s going to need to be either repaired or swapped again, but I’m waiting until a fix is released that works.
What's been the issue, can you describe it?

Mine has been noisy since new and jerks abruptly once in a while in 1 and/or 2nd gear but when I took it in to the dealer and took the serve manager for a ride it didn't happen so I'm left with unknown potential problem if I don't address it.

I now have around 7,000 miles on it.

Thanks!

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Manual transmissions are not supposed to make noise, weird. Anyway. My MT Big Bend 2 door is scheduled to be built next week and I can't wait. Its for my son and I am proud to say that a 16 year old can drive a "standard" as we called them forever. We drove our 82 CJ this weekend with its original t176 4 speed, yea, it sounds like a dump truck and for each gear the shifter goes to another zip code, but it still works and is awesome to drive a wheel.

Also, there was a 2 door black diamond at our local Honda dealer in Tyler Texas. 1600 miles, nicely packaged in iconic silver. Has been on their lot for 80 days, why, not price because it was right at what a new one would cost, manual transmission. If I didn't already have a build date it would be in my driveway.
I've owned a lot of manual transmission vehicles and none have been noisy or clunky like my 0222 bronco. I assumed it needed a break-in period but I'm at 7,000 miles and still noisy like it's got some bolts loose, jerks abruptly once in a while in 1rst or 2nd gear. It drives but what's going on inside is a mystery to me and I want to make sure I'm not left buying a new transmission outside of warranty!

Comparatively, my friend got a new 2022 jeep with manual transmission and it's quiet and shifts smoother in 1 and 2nd gear.

When I first saw reviews of the bronco they said the manual trans was super smooth and impressive, so that's what I was expecting. And the TFL guy said the bronco manual was easier and smoother than his 2022 jeep.

I haven't drive another manual bronco but I have driven the jeep, if my bronco is supposed to feel better than my friends jeep then I'm thinking something isn't right with mine!

Have you test drove that one at the honda dealer, how's the transmission feel and sound?

Last edited:

Heath Aggen

Wildtrak
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GMC , 2004 Jeep, 1982 Jeep, 2021 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've owned a lot of manual transmission vehicles and none have been noisy or clunky like my 0222 bronco. I assumed it needed a break-in period but I'm at 7,000 miles and still noisy like it's got some bolts loose, jerks abruptly once in a while in 1rst or 2nd gear. It drives but what's going on inside is a mystery to me and I want to make sure I'm not left buying a new transmission outside of warranty!

Comparatively, my friend got a new 2022 jeep with manual transmission and it's quiet and shifts smoother in 1 and 2nd gear.

When I first saw reviews of the bronco they said the manual trans was super smooth and impressive, so that's what I was expecting. And the TFL guy said the bronco manual was easier and smoother than his 2022 jeep.

I haven't drive another manual bronco but I have driven the jeep, if my bronco is supposed to feel better than my friends jeep then I'm thinking something isn't right with mine!

Have you test drove that one at the honda dealer, how's the transmission feel and sound?
Just a little tongue and cheek, I am used to my 2004 Rubicon and my 80s CJs which are gravel crunchers, I have not owned a newer manual.
I did not test drive the BD at the Honda dealership. We did test drive or salesmens 2022 Base Manual and thats what sold us that the ol stick shift will be just fine. His was quiet, shifts were crisp and I was overall impressed. I'm not that scared of it, but we will see if its making the described noises when it comes in.

Sponsored

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '21 JL for 18 months, and I can 100% state that the Bronco 7MT (at least through 600 miles) in my '23 Bronco is in every way better than the Jeep. Smoother, better clutch engagement, better gearing, in all ways better. I'm really hopeful that it's sorted out because how smooth and fun it is to drive the 7MT is one of the main reasons I switched to the Bronco.

So.....I have the transmission information - built in October 2022, I'm hopeful that mine is ok, no noises, no issues so far.

prmaise

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2022 2dr MT has over 16k on it and no issues at all. However, it's never been in cold weather.
Tons of fun to drive with it's new rear anti-sway bar and in sport mode.
I would assume Ford will bring back the MT after the Ranger launch.

Bad hand

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I don't think I am the only manual Bronco owner that does not have a grinding. So the question is, will it eventually happen to all 7MT Broncos or is the problem relegated to a "period of time" for Getrag manufacturing. I hope it is the latter.
So far mine doesn’t make the noise either.

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t think that’s the reason they stopped making manuals for 2023. Lmao.

Do a quick search on the forum and you’ll see they are probably halting production until Getrag can produce a manual that doesn’t sound like a rock tumbler.
20k miles on my 2 door MT and no issues at all.

Sponsored

BHealy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So It looks like I will be among the last few batches of builds to have a 7MT. My current build is in production 4/4. 4DR BL, Non-sas, Lux package, Dual top, 7MT. My dealer confirmed that once the production has started, that means that all the parts have been procured.

window sticker.png

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So It looks like I will be among the last few batches of builds to have a 7MT.
Not necessarily, just because of no new orders for 7MT, it doesn't mean Ford's not building out old orders until who knows when. They are simplifying the line during the Ranger ramp up, but after that we don't know.
Sponsored