M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Back in February Ford scheduled all of the remaining reservation orders that involved manual builds. Have any of those manual broncos actually been built yet? I’m one of them and my build week keeps getting pushed, makes me think Ford hasn’t figured out how to fix the manual issue yet.

The progression of my build week: 4/10->4/17->3/27->4/17->4/24

I was hoping I’d have my build for a trip to MT in early June, that’s starting to look unlikely.
My build week progression: 3/20->3/27->4/3->3/28->4/17->4/24->4/26

Though I'm not sure if its the 7MT or the mod top causing mine to get pushed, because a lot of other HE's have been pushed too.
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not. I've had mine for more than a year and 22,000 miles and have no grinding. I will say, however, when I took delivery of my Bronco I was the 26th Bronco the salesman had delivered at that time (Team Ford in Las Vegas) and I had the first manual transmission of the bunch. I firmly believe if Ford is getting rid of manual transmission Broncos it's because there's not enough demand.
same at my dealer in Portland. When I take it in for service, they say it is only the 2nd manual that comes in for service there. There are very few of us that like to row our own gears anymore.

Shift-N-Go

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Man, my order and deposit for a manual heritage is just sitting with the dealer waiting to go in... Sigh

If I can't get a manual, I will just move on. Giving it until about mid-July to actually get into the system for a MY24 before I walk.

Gamora

Black Diamond
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150 and wife's 2021 bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m sure Ford is just trying to avoid the problem they had with the manual mustangs from 2011-2019. Transmission was a Getrag MT82 made in china. I wanted a manual also until I released it was the same manufacturer and Chinese made.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's good your transmission isn't defective, although most of us with the issue notice it a lot more in freezing Temps, so maybe if you moved to the snow belt you'd have it.
I actually spend a couple of months each year in the cold/snowy regions for work and like I said, no noise. Based on the comments I see, I’m guessing I got lucky.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I actually spend a couple of months each year in the cold/snowy regions for work and like I said, no noise. Based on the comments I see, I’m guessing I got lucky.
Awesome! Would be interesting if they tore yours down someday and compared to one with the noise, but that would be too easy of a solution haha

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in February Ford scheduled all of the remaining reservation orders that involved manual builds. Have any of those manual broncos actually been built yet? I’m one of them and my build week keeps getting pushed, makes me think Ford hasn’t figured out how to fix the manual issue yet.

The progression of my build week: 4/10->4/17->3/27->4/17->4/24

I was hoping I’d have my build for a trip to MT in early June, that’s starting to look unlikely.
I was one of those MT's scheduled. Build week of 3/6. Blend date of 3/9. Then nothing for three weeks - just showing "In Production". Until today, April Fools Day: "Built"! Probably not going to make it to my dealer by the last estimate that I heard of 4/10, but knowing that it is close, I can wait. Feeling pretty good now knowing that scarcity will help hold up resale value.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to know if you got lucky or not. Original orders showed a 15% take rate from forum members. If that held through the entire population, there are something north of 15,000 7MTs out in the wild. Forums like this only get the comments from the ones with problems. I would love to see some actual statistics from Ford on warrantee/service claims for the 7MT.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A Bronco ??.... without a manual transmission option ??????! What kind of a world are we living in ??!
The kind of world where increasingly people are too distracted by their phones to want to drive their car apparently.

gnusto

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I never had any noise in my MT built in late Jan / early Feb of 2022. Northern VA got cold over winter, but not too cold so who knows if that was a factor.

But.. I hope its back or I guess I'm done against my will. My EG 2 door base 7MT got rear ended at a red light and totaled due to a bent frame. I waited 19 months for it from July 2020 and I got 1 year and 1 week with it. I'll get back in line as soon as I can order a manual.. Unless that takes too long. I'm fortunate enough to not *need* a second car every day. But I can't go 19 months again when I don't have a second car during that time for those one off needs. I'm depressed about it if I'm being honest.

I had 10+ years worth of plans for that truck after having spent 12 years with my Mustang. And now they're just gone.

Remember the universe as a whole is completely indifferent to your plans or what you want. Be appreciative of what you have every day. Because eventually it will be gone. Probably sooner than you expected.

Sponsored
OP
OP
johntesi

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remember the universe as a whole is completely indifferent to your plans or what you want. Be appreciative of what you have every day. Because eventually it will be gone. Probably sooner than you expected.
Now THIS is the kind of content I look for in the communities I frequent. 🧘🏻‍♂️

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard to know if you got lucky or not. Original orders showed a 15% take rate from forum members. If that held through the entire population, there are something north of 15,000 7MTs out in the wild. Forums like this only get the comments from the ones with problems. I would love to see some actual statistics from Ford on warrantee/service claims for the 7MT.
Actually based on production numbers and a 15% take rate, we would be at over 27,000 MTs. They scheduled a ton of them the past few weeks too.

This thread is nuts. 8 pages of nothing but rumor, lol! The MT is not going anywhere.

I never had any noise in my MT built in late Jan / early Feb of 2022. Northern VA got cold over winter, but not too cold so who knows if that was a factor.
Sorry to hear of your loss. How many miles were on it at the time? The MT in the Bronco sure is a blast. Even the reviewers rave about it.

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He said no. Nicely. What more do you want?

He probably called over to somebody at Chrysler and said something like "hey man, how do your Wrangler manuals sell?" and the response was "like shit!"

Ford has made so many mistakes with the Bronco, one was making custom orders allowable with far too many options. Three years later Ford is starting to take their medicine.

Let it go. Two door autos are not that hard to find.
Gross, I'd rather drive a f-ing Jeep.

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think that’s the reason they stopped making manuals for 2023. Lmao.

Do a quick search on the forum and you’ll see they are probably halting production until Getrag can produce a manual that doesn’t sound like a rock tumbler.
Rock tumbler reporting for duty 🫡

Only happens for 30-45secs when cold though. Idgaf, I think it helps the automatic owners sleep better at night though.

gnusto

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Actually based on production numbers and a 15% take rate, we would be at over 27,000 MTs. They scheduled a ton of them the past few weeks too.

This thread is nuts. 8 pages of nothing but rumor, lol! The MT is not going anywhere.

Sorry to hear of your loss. How many miles were on it at the time? The MT in the Bronco sure is a blast. Even the reviewers rave about it.
I was at 5000 or so when the accident happenend in November (I only do about 7K per year in my vehicle.) 6900 when it was totaled 3 months later once they tore it apart. I briefly considered doing a salvage title, but USAA only does liability on salvage titles so it wasn't worth it. I can't bring myself to sell the cover and front plate bracket because that's just admitting it's over. I really wish I had been driving my wifes CRV that night because I can just buy one of those off the lot without even worrying about it. But no.. I was driving my unicorn. The same one I told myself 'you bought this to drive it, stop worrying so much'". I was sort of right, worrying wouldn't matter. I still would've been hit. But I should've been hit in the 'commodity' car.

I know this crowd doesn't need to see it (probably) but STAY OFF OF FACEBOOK IN THE CAR PLEASE. It's really not that important.
Sponsored