First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The manual two door Sasquatch will be the one the enthusiasts will want. The fewer they make, the higher the price will be.
Jason

It’s just sad we’re talking about these trucks like they’re f’kn Paint to Sample Porsches. Two years later and the disinformation and dealership extortion continues unchecked while Ford’s “communication guy” casually hints at the possible demise of the manual transmission in the Twitter DMs of a disgruntled order holder. 🤡
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here. I would not have a Bronco at all if it wasn't for the 7MT. I wanted the V-6 with a manual but happy to just have a manual at all. All my cars have had 3 pedals on the floor and didn't want to change now.

I knock on wood everyday that I don't hear the grinding noise. Has Ford figured out the common denominator for the manual transmission issues?
The common denominator might be that it affects all of the manual Broncos. I've now seen a handful new at dealerships with the problem. I've also asked another handful of people I've run in to at gas stations and parking lots. All rock tumblers.

On the Bright side Ford wouldn't continue selling the remaining stock of 300+ manuals at dealerships if they didn't plan on fixing it and continuing the manual .....right?....right????
From what I've read online, the rock grinding sound issue is not exclusive to broncos. These getrag manuals they use in broncos are in other cars, and apparently those forum enthusiasts have been complaining about it forever

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a bummer for those of us with manual transmission Broncos arriving in a few months. Possibly with a transmission issue from the get go, and with (so far) no solid documented fix. And now potential for it being an orphan transmission already?

DontLikeTheSoundOfThat.gif
They have a fix for it now.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I super appreciate it. I'm looking for a 2 door Badlands manual. It's been brutal.
It's such a good combo too so I wish you luck. I've flirted with selling mine while values are still high and putting the money into a 1G restomod, but if/when I regret it getting back into another will be nearly impossible.

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

From what I've read online, the rock grinding sound issue is not exclusive to broncos. These getrag manuals they use in broncos are in other cars, and apparently those forum enthusiasts have been complaining about it forever
Which other car uses this transmission? I've had a few getrags and never heard anything like this.

Sponsored

DalTXBtonco

Big Bend
First Name
Raleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jaguar XFR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My base 7 speed comes in in a month may make it a unicorn. I've already got the B&M short throw shifter waiting. Thinking of waiting to install in case I have the same rocks grinding noise and don't want then to say it voids my warranty for it.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I don't think I am the only manual Bronco owner that does not have a grinding. So the question is, will it eventually happen to all 7MT Broncos or is the problem relegated to a "period of time" for Getrag manufacturing. I hope it is the latter.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The manual two door Sasquatch will be the one the enthusiasts will want. The fewer they make, the higher the price will be.
Jason
The way things are going, any 7MT is going to be more valuable.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When a man paid to lie for a living says hopefully.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Too many people commenting in this thread…

57186F92-A398-4CD9-9480-7B6D20DC8C6E.gif

Took my 23 Base in yesterday to get the windows tinted. Young kid comes out to pull it into the shop tint bay. Gets in the truck and sits there for a minute and then gets out. Can't drive a manual. Had to get someone else in the shop to pull it in.

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
While I only have about 170 miles on it the transmission does not maker any noise.

I also have a Black Diamond (2 door manual) that has been built and shipped scheduled to arrive 4/15-21. I'm not keeping both and the base suits me just fine so I'm going to either buy it and sell it or just let the dealer have it. I was price protected on the base so I'm assuming I will be price protected on this one as well which amounts to a $3250.00 rebate. I estimate getting out the door at $43,500.00

Ford Bronco Manual transmission will “hopefully” be back for model year 2024 Bronco says Mike Levine Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 6.56.32 AM

bronco100

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see he's as helpful as ever. Tell him I said hi.
Dude’s pretty incompetent at his job. Personally I think everyone here should be in the comments of all of his pointless Ford photos that he posts on Twitter/Instagram every day calling him out on his BS.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which other car uses this transmission? I've had a few getrags and never heard anything like this.
He was confused. Somebody posted a link to an article about BMWs YEARS ago. I can't remember, but I think those trannys were ZF, not Getrag...doesn't matter anyway. Apples, oranges, quarter century difference. AFAIK MT88 is Bronco only at this point...and appears in danger of becoming an orphan at a pretty young age. Anybody wana sell theirs? PM me

truckatologist

Black Diamond
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr 7MT, on order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For what it's worth, I bought a bronco because it was available in manual. I would not have bought an automatic.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so glad I got my manual in 21. I'm going to be sooooo disappointed if they get rid of the manual. But if they do, mine will be a classic.
Sponsored