M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I find it hard to believe that Ford would have Getrag develop the 7MT, only to discontinue it after only 3 years of restricted production, but Ford has confounded me with some of it's other decisions with the Bronco, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I read the tweet as they still haven't figured out the issues with the grinding noises, so they're not going to commit to anything until they get that out of the way.
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trust me, I feel your pain. I waited 23 months for mine which was irritating as it is. Now I’m on my 2nd transmission that sounds like it’s dragging a tin can down the street. I hope they can figure it out soon and keep cranking the manuals out.

The manual option is the only reason I have a Bronco.
Same here. I would not have a Bronco at all if it wasn't for the 7MT. I wanted the V-6 with a manual but happy to just have a manual at all. All my cars have had 3 pedals on the floor and didn't want to change now.

I knock on wood everyday that I don't hear the grinding noise. Has Ford figured out the common denominator for the manual transmission issues?

OP
OP
johntesi

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it hard to believe that Ford would have Getrag develop the 7MT, only to discontinue it after only 3 years of restricted production, but Ford has confounded me with some of it's other decisions with the Bronco, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I read the tweet as they still haven't figured out the issues with the grinding noises, so they're not going to commit to anything until they get that out of the way.
Agreed on all fronts. Whether it's a discontinuation or a full 1.5 model year "gap," or something in between, it was an ominous message.

Regardless of my personal saga trying to source a replacement for the truck I ordered, this is disappointing news for lots of folks. From the grinding noise to further scarcity of the enthusiast transmission, Ford really is making it hard to fall in love with the brand.

Jayhawker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Manual transmission will be back for 24MY. They paused it for 23 for the new Ranger launch. It was a planned blackout.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed on all fronts. Whether it's a discontinuation or a full 1.5 model year "gap," or something in between, it was an ominous message.

Regardless of my personal saga trying to source a replacement for the truck I ordered, this is disappointing news for lots of folks. From the grinding noise to further scarcity of the enthusiast transmission, Ford really is making it hard to fall in love with the brand.
It's a bummer for those of us with manual transmission Broncos arriving in a few months. Possibly with a transmission issue from the get go, and with (so far) no solid documented fix. And now potential for it being an orphan transmission already?

Ford Bronco Manual transmission will “hopefully” be back for model year 2024 Bronco says Mike Levine DontLikeTheSoundOfThat

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manual transmission will be back for 24MY. They paused it for 23 for the new Ranger launch. It was a planned blackout.
Why wouldn’t Ford(or Levine) just say that then? Why the ambiguity?

*Blink twice if you’re in danger😬

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my dealer selling my custom ordered 2 door / Badlands / 7MT / High Package out from under me
Ouch. That's a very unique build and I feel for you. It's extremely unlikely you'll find that in dealer stock nationwide. And if you do, it'll be highly marked up I'm guessing. Just ouch.

Jrt

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A manual base 4 door hardtop is my wish, sounds like fat chance...

OP
OP
johntesi

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. That's a very unique build and I feel for you. It's extremely unlikely you'll find that in dealer stock nationwide. And if you do, it'll be highly marked up I'm guessing. Just ouch.
I don’t guess I realized just how unique it was. At least not as quickly as the dealership did. I’ve found one so far, in my third choice color, marked up $5k from current MSRP which means it’s about $8k more than my price—and they won’t even touch the trade in offer I had on my deal sheet. Looking at a $10k+ delta in real world transaction prices.

Just ouch indeed. Starting to try to convince myself there are other cool cars I want to buy instead. 🥲

Sponsored

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you guys think the value of the powershift manual Broncos will go up or tank if/when they are officially cancelled?

Are they offering them in Europe?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t guess I realized just how unique it was. At least not as quickly as the dealership did. I’ve found one so far, in my third choice color, marked up $5k from current MSRP which means it’s about $8k more than my price—and they won’t even touch the trade in offer I had on my deal sheet. Looking at a $10k+ delta in real world transaction prices.

Just ouch indeed. Starting to try to convince myself there are other cool cars I want to buy instead. 🥲
Your exact build is what I would've got if my budget was bigger. You can still try to do what I did and get a base. I got a 2 door manual. Saved a ton of money on it, now I can modify it how I want. Or look for a black diamond? It's got a lot of badlands features. You'd be missing a lot of tech/safety accessories though. Forscan might be able to fix that, too though

Beautalkz

Black Diamond
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same here. I would not have a Bronco at all if it wasn't for the 7MT. I wanted the V-6 with a manual but happy to just have a manual at all. All my cars have had 3 pedals on the floor and didn't want to change now.

I knock on wood everyday that I don't hear the grinding noise. Has Ford figured out the common denominator for the manual transmission issues?
The common denominator might be that it affects all of the manual Broncos. I've now seen a handful new at dealerships with the problem. I've also asked another handful of people I've run in to at gas stations and parking lots. All rock tumblers.

On the Bright side Ford wouldn't continue selling the remaining stock of 300+ manuals at dealerships if they didn't plan on fixing it and continuing the manual .....right?....right????

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is a month from being built, if Ford can't fix it and won't build anymore then they need to upgrade me to an auto/2.7 for free. My take is if I can't have fun rowing my own then Ford can make it right with a stouter go pedal.
If they won’t build the manual we have on order, we will back out.

Jason

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you guys think the value of the powershift manual Broncos will go up or tank if/when they are officially cancelled?

Are they offering them in Europe?
The manual two door Sasquatch will be the one the enthusiasts will want. The fewer they make, the higher the price will be.
Jason
Sponsored