Sponsored

Dealer ordered a Bronco they knew I didn't want...

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Posted a while back about this but this is the latest...

I ordered a '23 Big Bend on March 27, 2023 and the salesman called in late August and left me a message saying my order was bumped to 2024, and that since I ordered a 2023 Big Bend a 2.7L I had to modify my order because that engine isn't being offered in the '24 Big Bend. I asked about any sort of price protection and the salesman said no price protection or rebates. To get signature lighting, the 2.7L, and an all gray/black interior I'd have to go up to a Badlands.

I called Ford customer service because I do not trust salespeople at all... Ford Customer Service told me my order was canceled and that I have an order showing in their system as 'unscheduled clean' and one order showing as 'canceled'. I also have two MY2023 private transition offers, at $2,595 and $1,995. I never placed an order with a dealer but I do remember registering with Ford for more info about Broncos as soon as it was possible – this is the only thing I can think of that would even be even remotely related to me getting a transition offer. Ford Customer Service also could not tell me who canceled my order.

The salesman told me the order is being 'pushed to 2024' and Ford Customer Service says the order was canceled at the end of August but also shows I have an order as 'unscheduled clean' in their system. With no clarity from either Ford Customer Service or the dealership, I told the salesman to hold my deposit and that I would be revising my order. The auto strike was going on by this point and I was considering buying one on a lot somewhere. The salesman was supposedly going to keep me in the loop about what was going on (when production starts back up, build constraints) so I could come in and revise my order, hopefully this time without options that restrict my build. Never heard back from the salesman, and I spent most of November into December sick as a dog so I really didn't stay on the salesman for an answer.

I got a call from the dealership in December asking if I was still interested in a Bronco. I told them yes, they still have my deposit and I need the salesman to call me back to revise my order. He never called back and days later I get an email saying my 2024 Big Bend is being built. I told him I did not want the Big Bend because I want the 2.7L, and he seems to have submitted an order anyway. I called and left a message for the sales manager when I couldn't reach the salesman...he never called back. Salesman texted me he's looking into it...that was last week.

Not really sure what to do, I don't want this order tied to my name screwing up my place in line for a Bronco.

Any advice?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You, as a past order holder, don't have a place in line. Your order will be built depending on your configuration, current constraints and the dealerships allocations. If the order that is being built is not what you want, the only course of action you have is to order another Bronco, at the same dealership or another.

It has been reported that there are only about 5k unscheduled retail orders in the system, so if your new order has minimal constraints and your dealership has allocations then your chances of getting a Bronco scheduled and built in the next few months are high.

As far as price protection and rebates, I have fallen behind on the MY24 policies so maybe @RagnarKon can shed some light on that.

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
All 2023 orders were cancelled by Ford around Nov 16th. No orders were pushed to 2024.

No private offers or transition offers apply going forward except for HE models that had a VIN.

Your dealer put in your order for the 2024 Big Bend. I would get your deposit back and look for a dealer that actually responds to you.

If your order was cancelled in August, it would have been by your dealer.

OP
OP
CarbonGrayBronco

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your order was cancelled in August, it would have been by your dealer.
The salesman claimed Ford "rolled it over" when I asked who canceled it...immediate red flag

OP
OP
CarbonGrayBronco

CarbonGrayBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You, as a past order holder, don't have a place in line. Your order will be built depending on your configuration, current constraints and the dealerships allocations. If the order that is being built is not what you want, the only course of action you have is to order another Bronco, at the same dealership or another.

It has been reported that there are only about 5k unscheduled retail orders in the system, so if your new order has minimal constraints and your dealership has allocations then your chances of getting a Bronco scheduled and built in the next few months are high.

As far as price protection and rebates, I have fallen behind on the MY24 policies so maybe @RagnarKon can shed some light on that.
I just wasn't sure how this was going to impact me ordering a different Bronco since this order is tied to my name.

Sponsored

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford did not roll over any orders from 2023 to 2024.

In previous years, Ford did roll over orders, but that was when there were still a hundred thousand orders on the books. And of course, when Ford did roll those over, if something was discontinued, they put in the default option, so if you ordered Rapid Red, Ford changed it to Black.

Caveat: Ford may have rolled the orders for HE models that had VINs and were cancelled. But those were vehicles that already had VINs assigned.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you can stand the white top, the HE would be another option, it will probably be cheaper than a non-sas Badlands. At this point, I'd just buy off the lot, Broncos seem to me stacking up at dealerships.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go buy a BL off the lot if you can find it stocked how you like it. Otherwise, make an order and see about how to get a private offer rebate.

I ordered a 21 BL Sas 2dr 2.3l and my dealership said they ordered it, but then got notifications on a 4dr with the same specs. "Somehow" (;)) my order got made into a 4dr but nobody knew how (;)). Then it came in that December 21/January 22 and I declined and they sold it the next week (;)).

It didn't end up bothering me so much, I got an early enough 23 (picked up Feb 23) that things turned out ok. Including not getting a tri-coat paint, which while pretty is a boondoggle insurance wise. I also got price protection, so I paid $51.1k instead of the current $54.7k. But I also had a reservation (another story there I'll leave out).

This was also during COVID and don't really mind at this point if the dealership got a 4dr I didn't want that they could sell. It was pretty sad on that lot for a while. :)

On another note, Ford also thinks I have a 4dr Outer Banks and I keep getting emails about it needing service. ;) I think I have something in my eye. :whistle:

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer has 28 or so on their lot aging, maybe they have something you can buy today.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has 28 or so on their lot aging, maybe they have something you can buy today.
28? On the lot? Which dealer in North Texas would that be? I am a bit skeptical on that claim.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most dealers now have Broncos on their lots at sticker or a tad less. Me, I would retrieve my deposit and shop around until I found a Bronco that filled my wants. Good luck.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nationwide search for what you want, fly to the closest and best deal, drive back.

I did that just over a year ago and I am much better off than if I had been Bronco-less for a year.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most likely the salesman rolled it over knowing full well that if you cancel and ask for your deposit back they still get to keep the vehicle when built and will have inventory on the lot to sell (likely at ADM). Ask for your money back and use another dealer if you still want a Bronco. a BL will set you back a very pretty penny over the BB. I also believe that the BD will give you 2.7L as long as you are willing to live with mid pkg - which you must have since the BB did not have access to Lux
Sponsored