Sponsored

Any way to track a dealer ordered Bronco?

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found a Bronco listed as "dealer ordered" while searching inventory on thr Ford web site. I talked to the dealer its listed as coming to and they agreed to "put my name on it." The sticker says it has a blend date of 5/15 and its coming convoy. The salesman says he has no idea when it will get here. Is there anyway to track it? The links I have seen require an order number (I have a vin). Im just wondering if I might be waiting in the neighborhood of days, weeks, or maybe months?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not from the outside.

Dealers have access to a system called VINView, but generally speaking VINView’s tracking features only really work when the vehicle is shipped via rail.

If it is shipped via convoy there is rarely tracking on it—many of the trucking companies are small/medium-sized business (or contractors) that don’t necessarily have the capital to invest in fancy tracking systems for their trucks.

That also means it’s going to be hard to know how long it’ll take. Your best option is to ask your dealer what the typical timeframe is, they would know better than anyone. (But they also may not pay attention to that sorta stuff.)

I will say Ford’s standard generic answer is 4-6 weeks. But don’t make any plans around that timeframe.

OP
OP

JJCastle

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the reply. I talked to the salesman today who said he thinks it might be in on Monday. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored