First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'10 Escape, '16 Explorer, '22 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How are you getting around credit cards/banking?
Banking is a tough one. All your local police or the FBI need to see your bank records (or medical records) is their own admistrative subpoena that they sign - no judge required. Idiotic 3rd Party Doctrine. And, no doubt banks are selling your banking info to data brokers to sell to advertisers. So cash and a big safe can be king for those into privacy, but I still invest where that is all out there. Gotta keep the IRS in the loop. For credit cards pay the expense for prepaid credit cards with cash or at least use www.privacy.com for privacy cards.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I admire your commitment, and while I'm quite capable technically I'm always so skeptical on the effort to outcome of this kind of privacy.

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I admire your commitment, and while I'm quite capable technically I'm always so skeptical on the effort to outcome of this kind of privacy.
Yeah, most people could care less about privacy and for those who consider privacy, most see it as too much of an effort or not working well. It depends what your goals are. Social media kills you and I don't use it (except for one fake/anonymous Twitter/X account to check things out - never post). Many are addicted to social media. If you Google my name and address nothing (zero, zip, nada) comes up. I admit I am on an the extreme, but for me it is a hobby and fun. Kind of like shooting for that perfect credit score. Does not really matter, but some have fun with it.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m curious about what people that donā€™t care about privacy think of data brokers selling driving data to insurance companies? I doubt the details were in the user agreement everyone accepts. Kinda surreptitious if you ask me. All this stuff has a boiling the frog element.
When might dna testing data end up impacting your healthcare premiums? What if they want to shut down your engine if you get off certain trails? The EU is mandating that cars automatically reduce speed when over the limit. There seems to be no limit to how much bureaucrats want to use technology to surveil and control you. I donā€™t think itā€™s paranoia, but Iā€™m not sure what we do about it.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™m curious about what people that donā€™t care about privacy think of data brokers selling driving data to insurance companies? I doubt the details were in the user agreement everyone accepts. Kinda surreptitious if you ask me. All this stuff has a boiling the frog element.
When might dna testing data end up impacting your healthcare premiums? What if they want to shut down your engine if you get off certain trails? The EU is mandating that cars automatically reduce speed when over the limit. There seems to be no limit to how much bureaucrats want to use technology to surveil and control you. I donā€™t think itā€™s paranoia, but Iā€™m not sure what we do about it.
what you bring up here is exactly why I worry about this stuff. Itā€™s not that I have anything at all to hide but rather it is the lure of big money for companies like Ford for selling personal data and the governments love of overreach is seriously concerning to me.

folks can balk and laugh at those who are concerned but this, but isnā€™t some tin foil hat conspiracy theory on what might happen, this is an absolute reality what is happening.

scary stuff.

Sponsored

fftfk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
The way they keep it fairly innocuous sounding in the T&C is that you approve them sharing information with affiliates. Seems pretty innocuous...maybe the affiliate makes brake pads or wants to send you an add about the newest model going out. Nope - the car manufacture creates an affiliate for the specific purpose of selling your data to insurance companies - at least, that is what Toyota did. https://dnyuz.com/2024/06/09/is-your-driving-being-secretly-scored/

OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The way they keep it fairly innocuous sounding in the T&C is that you approve them sharing information with affiliates. Seems pretty innocuous...maybe the affiliate makes brake pads or wants to send you an add about the newest model going out. Nope - the car manufacture creates an affiliate for the specific purpose of selling your data to insurance companies - at least, that is what Toyota did. https://dnyuz.com/2024/06/09/is-your-driving-being-secretly-scored/
They are selling your data to anybody and everybody who is willing to buy it, When you sync your phone it slurps up that data. Who would buy all this data? Google, Microsoft, many tech companies that want you as a customer or to better place their ads to you to make them more money, etc.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been several articles recently about certain phone apps collecting your driving info to report to insurers. Point being if you use a phone with certain apps while driving, itā€™s doing basically the same things as your trying to turn off in the Bronco.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm already well known to my town council and school board for calling them out... Would not surprise me if they have had the local police try and look into me for dirt.

EDIT: And, my name is not Kyle and I am not from Augusta, GA. While I do own a Bronco, the vehicles and models listed are not correct. If you are into the privacy world, you just get used to using pseudonyms and not leaving a trail.
I'll go out on a limb and agree you're probably 100% correct on being well known to your town council, school board, police, and others! ;)

As for your vehicles and models listed as not being correct (2010 Ford Escape, 2016 Ford Explorer and 2022 Ford Bronco), I admire your strong game in keeping the cover story consistent to throw people off!

#sarcasm

I got the 2-door, but already have two 4-door Ford SUVs. Kids out of nest on their own. GF has her own place and own small SUV. For the two of us the 2-door is great. Heading out to dinner with another couple, it's the Explorer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordFamily4Fun

FordFamily4Fun

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There have been several articles recently about certain phone apps collecting your driving info to report to insurers. Point being if you use a phone with certain apps while driving, itā€™s doing basically the same things as your trying to turn off in the Bronco.
True, and as I mentioned, if you want to take it to the next level of privacy you wipe Android from a Pixel and flash GrapheneOS and don't use Google apps. Just Free and Open Source (FOSS) apps that do what Google apps do but they don't track you. Now, I realize 99.8% of people won't go through the hassle, which is fine - but I do.
https://grapheneos.org/

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, this is the reason for EV push. They can pull all the info right over the charge connection. They can even decide if you get charged or not. Donā€™t say you will use a generator. Soon those will require an Ethernet connection or worse. When gas is eventually cut off from us you wonā€™t fuel it.
We are so deep into this data shit, can we ever back out?
I pay over 200/m for water/garbage to the city. We citizens constantly call them out and nothing is done. Nevermind big biz or brother. We lost any hope of control long ago.
Give me back my 67 Beetle, rotary phone and coffee percolator. Simple times.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm already well known to my town council and school board for calling them out on insane taxes, cooking the books where I have proven so, etc. I really make them look bad in public meetings. Would not surprise me if they have had the local police try and look into me for dirt. How do the police circumvent the Fourth Amendment to get dirt on you without a probable cause warrant signed by a judge? They buy the data from Google, Apple, Microsoft, your ISP, etc. , or more likely from data brokers that have everything you do online already. Since I may be on their radar, they can buy all the data they want and find very little on me. For this forum, I used an email alias and a username never used before and use an always on VPN with kill switch with a privacy browser that blocks the tracking websites will do through Google Analytics and other tracking tools. The gov can look all they want (if they were to be doing so) and find very little of an online footprint and I will maintain my privacy - which the Supreme Court has ruled is a constitutional right.

EDIT: And, my name is not Kyle and I am not from Augusta, GA. While I do own a Bronco, the vehicles and models listed are not correct. I have fun with this. For me, it's just one of my hobbies. If you are into the privacy world, you just get used to using pseudonyms and not leaving a trail. Most could care less about privacy, and that's fine too. To each their own.
ā€˜Kyleā€™ - kudos for all your efforts to evade us. Youā€™re exactly the type of person that makes our jobs fun. But you made one critical mistake. šŸ˜‰
We hacked Fordā€™s customer database and filtered for customers that purchased Broncos with black steelie rims. Then we crossed reference this with our national database on people who purchased General Grabber tires. We then overlayed this information on a satellite survey map and matched that to the exact crack in the asphalt that is shown in your avatar. We got you.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, this is the reason for EV push. They can pull all the info right over the charge connection. They can even decide if you get charged or not. Donā€™t say you will use a generator. Soon those will require an Ethernet connection or worse. When gas is eventually cut off from us you wonā€™t fuel it.
We are so deep into this data shit, can we ever back out?
You right!!!

Epiphany

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor