Push down on the lid of the fuse box under the hood

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was wiring my Baja lights and when I was stripping the aux wires the bronco lights all turned on like it was coming to life! Didn’t know what the hell was going on, did I do something, short something, etc.. then it shuts off and I continue. Happens again and again, I then noticed I was barely leaning on the top of the fuse box near the battery. So I lightly pushed on the lid and it tried to come alive again.
Is this normal? I find it odd that any pressure or for that matter minimal pressure on a lid/top would cause all kinds of lights to flash on and fans and whatnot.
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, this is not normal. Some how something is completing a circuit, damaged wires possibly. Did you pull the fuse box cover to inspect?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, this is not normal. Some how something is completing a circuit, damaged wires possibly. Did you pull the fuse box cover to inspect?
No, hit a wall of frustration with some mods… will check it out today

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, beer can ease most walls of frustration and is highly recommended. As Cat mentions above, take a good look at all you electrical connections around the fuse box and battery. have you had any other electrical issues? Any starting issues?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
FYI, beer can ease most walls of frustration and is highly recommended. As Cat mentions above, take a good look at all you electrical connections around the fuse box and battery. have you had any other electrical issues? Any starting issues?
No but I haven’t driven it much. Got it on the 18th, put about 20 miles on it and have it parked in the garage doing mods

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Roger that. I should be picking mine up in the next couple days and will be in the same mode...installing the pile of mods I've acquired over the last 18 months. Very strange condition you describe. There have been numerous issues reported concerning loose electrical connections at the fuse box and battery but these normally result in a no go situation. Your's is the first I've heard of things coming to life by leaning on the fuse box. This seems more like a short than it does a loose connection.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Roger that. I should be picking mine up in the next couple days and will be in the same mode...installing the pile of mods I've acquired over the last 18 months. Very strange condition you describe. There have been numerous issues reported concerning loose electrical connections at the fuse box and battery but these normally result in a no go situation. Your's is the first I've heard of things coming to life by leaning on the fuse box. This seems more like a short than it does a loose connection.
I checked all fuses, wires and connects seem to me tight. Here is a video.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WOW, that is bizarre. I presume your key fob is close by, maybe try putting the fob well out of range to see if any difference. Yes, I'm grasping at straws

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wtf?? It’s just a giant on/off button for the elderly.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This post might help in troubleshooting...

I would start with checking the battery terminals are on good and tight, all fuses are pushed in completely, and the fuse block bolts are tight. All of these are known issues that can cause electrical gremlins like your seeing.

The window glass thing, eh the Bronco just has horribly designed windows. Garbage. Yours looks out of alignment Though.

51169826-C83F-4E6E-929D-46B9F6CB0853.jpeg
9FD5CB63-96A0-4D88-A736-CA9C6C22610C.jpeg
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...es-resolved-tighten-ground-connections.32879/

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, when I walk by the front it makes clicking noises. I think my bronco is trying to connect with me, my spirit animal/robot. I may just call it Jonny 5…

Nolabel

Wildtrak
First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, when I walk by the front it makes clicking noises. I think my bronco is trying to connect with me, my spirit animal/robot. I may just call it Jonny 5…
I think the clicks and stuff is normal. I'll be working in my garage and my Bronco makes all sorts of sounds when off.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If thats a 2.7 its the new safety feature ford installed ,because your under the hood more than normal they put all controls in fusebox kinda like the clapper switch.
Sponsored