Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We had a pretty good understanding of these rules when we made our announcement of the October special.
You guys are awesome. And the chess moves are interesting to watch as they unveil.

Stephens is closer for me by far, but Granger would be my choice if I was anywhere within a reasonable days range.
Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking for Bronco Reservation holders in Maryland, D.C. and Virginia to try and work with a larger dealership in the area in attempt to get better pricing and more importantly ensure allocations are filled based on the allocation guidance. Hit me up if you are in Maryland, D.C. or Virginia.
Greg, here is the MD/DC/VA/PA, etc group already formed and seeking a deal, and nice, easy 80 pages of discussion to read through. Seems like your new here but use the search function to help find threads/info already posted...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/nj-ny-delaware-eastern-pa-md-ct-volume-buyers.3746/unread

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ā€˜Iā€™ve seen this claimed by others, but I donā€™t believe it is true. I did a plant tour of MTP back in 1997, with an Expedition owners group. Thatā€™s the plant where they made Expeditions and Navigators. There was no pattern of color, options, or even model on the line. There would be 3 or 4 Expeditions of various colors, then a Navigator, then more Expeditions of various colors.

Fast Forward to 2006, I toured the Flat Rock plant, then known as Auto Alliance International, with a GT500 owners group. Again, Mustangs of all colors and trim levels were rolling down the line, one after the other. Not only that, but interspersed were Mazda 6s - hence the Alliance and International part of the plant name.

With just-in-time manufacturing, there is no advantage to running certain colors or trim levels at the same time.
Itā€™s actually a disadvantage.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Greg, here is the MD/DC/VA/PA, etc group already formed and seeking a deal, and nice, easy 80 pages of discussion to read through. Seems like your new here but use the search function to help find threads/info already posted...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/nj-ny-delaware-eastern-pa-md-ct-volume-buyers.3746/unread
yep, first time poster. thank you. will reply on that thread to show i am interested in joining a new dealer to make a better deal for us.

LMJ

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a thought here, my sister has worked in a Ford plant that made seats for the old ranger. They would shut down for two weeks in Aug. to switch lines to the next model years built. Wondering if this is part of what Ford is doing. They need to make the switch at some point. ?ā€ā™€

Sponsored

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah but supposedly the dealer gets a significant penalty if they convert a reservation to an order and then the customer doesnā€™t take delivery.
Yeah well some dealers (like @Kris87 located outside of Atlanta) have found a way around that. He has implied in other threads that he initially convinced his customers to place a second order believing it would increase his overall allotment and also give him plenty of dealer inventory that he could then sell at huge dealer mark-ups.

Then...when this backfired on him after Ford's penalty announcement, he bragged on here about how he revamped his scheme by offering his customers some form of incentive to actually title the second order in their name which he would then "buy back" from them and sell it on his pre-owned lot at a huge mark-up.

And for some reason Kris87 doesnt seem to see how incredibly slimy all of that is....but I suppose that's exactly why he sells cars for a living.

Last edited:

KYBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah well some dealers (like @Kris87 located outside of Atlanta) have found a way around that. He has implied in other threads that he initially convinced his customers to place a second order believing it would increase his overall allotment and also give him plenty of dealer inventory that he could then sell at huge dealer mark-ups.

Then...when this backfired on him after Ford's penalty announcement, he bragged on here about how he revamped his scheme by offering his customers some form of incentive to actually title the second order in their name which he would then "buy back" from them and sell it on his pre-owned lot at a huge mark-up.

And for some reason Kris87 doesnt seem to see how incredibly slimy all of that is....but I suppose that's exactly why he sells cars for a living.
Not only is it not slimy, itā€™s a ā€œbenefitā€ to their customers and absolutely the same thing as Granger selling vehicles below invoice... at least thatā€™s what the marketing group at Akins Ford says anyway

Bates63

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I made my order July 14 from a lower volume dealer that is a family friend. It appears high volume dealers get more allocation. Do I need to switch to a higher volume dealer to get my Bronco sooner?
I just spoke to my dealer. His take is that no matter the size of the dealer the initial customer orders will be filled as first priority. I believe the allocation for future Broncoā€™s to be sold on their lot is 50% based on their sales volume as a dealer and 50% based on the number of converted Bronco sales from customer orders. Therefore I will be keeping my order with the smaller town dealer. They also said they will honor my X Plan.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After reading 33 pages, it seems some may have missed one key issue.
  • Ford knows they have more reservations then they can build in 2021.
  • Ford knows they can only build so many Broncos in 2021, lets use 100,000 as an example.
  • Ford knows they can build 100,000 Broncos and using their estimated conversion rate, they believe they can only fulfill reservations made up until Sep 17th with a MY2021 Bronco.
  • So the cutoff becomes Sep 17th as that is all the Broncos they can build for MY2021, or 100,000 total MY2021 Broncos (using the example number)
  • Ford wants to build all the Broncos they can, they want profit, they want their stock price to rise.
  • For the Sep 18th reservation fulfillment and after, Ford will start building serial number 100,101, and call it a Model Year 2022.
  • None of this has to do with trying to hurt Granger, that claim fails Business 101, sell all you can build, it has only to do with how much capacity Ford has.
Also note, forget whatever the word Allocation means to Ford with their definition of it as it applies to the MY2021 Broncos, If Ford can build 100,000 MY2021 Broncos (estimate) then they will deliver 100,000 MY2021 Broncos, regardless of your dealer, you will not fail to receive your 2021 Bronco because of your dealer, you may get it early, you may get it later.

@Granger Ford, @Zach@Granger, please correct or expand on these points?

I agree. I have no concrete information on capacity or reservation fulfillment expectations outside of what had already been stated. But from what I've gathered Ford estimates (probably conservatively) that the Sept 18th deadline will fulfill production for 2021.

Ford also, in all likelihood is trying to increase capacity to fulfill demand. I've heard the quote multiple times that Ford's goal is to make 1 unit less than ultimate demand and no more. They want to help keep residuals high and in my opinion do a pretty good job of that on their high demand products. But they certainly want to fill the demand of reservations they have. Plus that demand will only increase once you start seeing these vehicles out on the road and more people get to touch and feel them.

Lastly, this is completely speculation in my part, but I wouldn't be shocked if Ford can move post Sept 18th reservations into 2021 once that January 31st cutoff is fulfilled and they have a more accurate idea on total sold orders demand. From my understanding their planning typically incorporates "worst case scenario" with covid delays, production quality issues, or any other stumbling blocks they may encounter.

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel like Ford needs to clarify two things; will MY22 cost more in any way, two, will there be upgrades to the MY22 Bronco (any new exterior color, a light interior, 2ā€ lift, 37ā€ tires, white top etc) Without these answers, combined with the freedom to cancel an order even upon delivery, then the smart play is for everybody to have a MY21 AND MY22 reservation AND why not convert both to orders and wait to decide upon delivery? There is no penalty to do so (at least for the customer). I would feel guilty doing this but Ford has certainly set up a situation that will reward doing this. I see more chaos for Ford than the consumer as it currently stands.
I believe that Ford will end up requiring customers that convert their reservations to orders put down a 2500 deposit just as Tesla does. If you do not take delivery you lose the 2500. If it has a defect, you get your money back. Problem solved.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lastly, this is completely speculation in my part, but I wouldn't be shocked if Ford can move post Sept 18th reservations into 2021 once that January 31st cutoff is fulfilled and they have a more accurate idea on total sold orders demand.
Good point, they are cutting off the allocation formula for dealers at <9/18.

it is possible that allocation formula does not mean customer model year deliveries.

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not only is it not slimy, itā€™s a ā€œbenefitā€ to their customers and absolutely the same thing as Granger selling vehicles below invoice... at least thatā€™s what the marketing group at Akins Ford says anyway
You know the more I think about all of this the more I become convinced we have been looking at this the wrong way.

The Sept 25th memo wasnt about going after places like Granger and Stephen's. It was more about dealing with guys like @Kris87 at Atkins Ford.

Think about it...right after the memo comes out Kris joins the forum and start bad mouthing Granger and others claiming they were "pirating" orders and customers who switched were gonna get screwed. Meanwhile...Albert and John have both been saying "the allotment process is nothing new and we took it into consideration from the very beginning..."we're not worried"

Read back through the posts. Al and john are consistently saying "we knew about the allotment, this is the way ford has pretty much always done it. What this memo is really about is order conversation".

And in the end who's going to scramble and pay the most for "order conversation"? The dealers who tried fucking the system by placing orders without customers to convert them. ?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that Ford will end up requiring customers that convert their reservations to orders put down a 2500 deposit just as Tesla does. If you do not take delivery you lose the 2500. If it has a defect, you get your money back. Problem solved.
Zero chance that they force dealers to require a $2500 deposit to order a Bronco. What made you believe that?

BellyRat

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You know the more I think about all of this the more I become convinced we have been looking at this the wrong way.

The Sept 25th memo wasnt about going after places like Granger and Stephen's. It was more about dealing with guys like @Kris87 at Atkins Ford.

Think about it...right after the memo comes out Kris joins the forum and start bad mouthing Granger and others claiming they were "pirating" orders and customers who switched were gonna get screwed. Meanwhile...Albert and John have both been saying "the allotment process is nothing new and we took it into consideration from the very beginning..."we're not worried"

Read back through the posts. @Granger Ford and @StephensAutoCenter are consistently saying "we knew about the allotment, this is the way ford has pretty much always done it. What this memo is really about is order conversion".

And in the end who's going to scramble and pay the most for "order conversion"? The dealers who tried fucking the system by placing orders without customers to convert them. ?

Last edited:

EastCoastBronco

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali Ultimate
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Zero chance that they force dealers to require a $2500 deposit to order a Bronco. What made you believe that?
Why wouldnā€™t they require a down payment on ordering? You think Ford wants a bunch of Area 51s on a lot that people didnā€™t pick up? Not gonna happen. People have awful taste and if you think Ford is gonna let you spec out two trucks and not pick one up without penalty youā€™re crazy. Oh wait. You all think the dealer pays the penalty not the customer. When has that ever happened?!?!?!
Sponsored