Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New to this! First post! Think this might help though if it hasn't already been mentioned.

Can someone start another forum to get leg work going on what dealers may still go with x plan pricing? Just because ford won't reimburse them doesnt mean they want to lose business and they may take the bit of loss to keep it. Or take a bit of loss to get your business rather than someone else get it. Also, which dealers still intend to offer at msrp and not above. If thats even something they would tell you?
I don’t represent this Dealer nor do I have a reservation with them but here is a post I stole from Facebook:

We at Kearny Mesa Ford have tried our best to be completely transparent regarding our pricing policies with all of you from the very beginning. Our commitments were clear to all reservation holders: We are not going to mark up the price above MSRP, we will accept all Ford sponsored discounts (X/Z/A/D Plan), and we will not add any additional equipment or accessories without request.

As some of you know already, Ford announced today that the full size Bronco will not qualify for Xplan discounts. Xplan is typically for employees of companies which partner with Ford. The Bronco will still qualify for Z/A/D plan though. Needless to say this came as a big surprise to all of us. I have personally spoken to well over 100 of you and I understand just how important this factor was in your decision to do business with us.

In response to this, we have internally made the decision that we will still honor the Xplan discount for anybody who can provide a valid PIN when it comes time to complete the purchase. This will just be for your individual special order and will not be offered on any stock Broncos. We will use typical Xplan pricing from like-priced Fords to approximate what the discount would have been. This will also disqualify our dealership from the reimbursement we would typically see from doing an Xplan deal, but following through on our commitments is more important than that.

Thank you for being a customer of ours,

Eric Bunch

Internet Director

Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia

858-560-5544 ext 1013
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why are you excluding X-Plan pricing for Bronco?

• Due to unprecedented demand and limited supply Bronco two- and four- door will NOT be eligible for X-plan in 21MY. This is similar to other limited supply vehicles like F150 Raptor, Mustang Shelby

When the limited supply car is at what, 120K reservations for MY21? It is BS because besides the nice little discount, it protects from all BS fees that can add a lot to the car! for CA residents like me, we just got scammed and left under the mercy of the dealers to do what they wanna do.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen no official documentation from Ford saying it will be offered. In fact every dealership I talked to about XPlan said "IF Ford offers it on the Bronco, yes"
This is from my local dealer. Originally, they said they did not know if X-plan would be available; but after Ford told dealers it would be, they sent me this.
Screenshot_20201020-150817_Messenger.jpg

Also, I am certain Ford (or Mike Levine) actually did say it would be available.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Y'all are still going on about this? Why? X-plan is gone. Ford doesn't care. Want to do something about it? If you don't want to go Texas, Mesa, Granger, or Stephens, call your dealer and work out your deal. Don't bitch - control what you can control.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is from my local dealer. Originally, they said they did not know if X-plan would be available; but after Ford told dealers it would be, they sent me this.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] Screenshot_20201020-150817_Messenger

Also, I am certain Ford (or Mike Levine) actually did say it would be available.
Call/email them and confirm your deal.

Sponsored

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is not abuse and what you are saying is asinine. If F doesn't want xplan available with MCA then they shouldnt offer it. Simple as that. Not change the rules to screw over the backbone of America and keep the profits for their private jets. They basically were getting free advertisment and promoting another F product that Bronco buyers may pursue down the road. Instead bridges are being burned and the customer is starting to get a funky taste in their mouth for the F brand. Its idiotic that F doesnt see this as a company and even moreso that you dont as a consumer(im assuming, for all i know you could wear the F on your chest).

Fwiw, im july and oct Granger so xplan doesnt really effect me, this is just a sleezy move that sours the wine for me.
To add to this. I chose to buy 100 shares and not go MCA route before i switched to Granger. Held the shares and was going to continue for a long time. I could pretty much care less now how they do as a company as they have shown they couldn't give a toot for their customers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Isn't the x-plan only like a $350-$500 discount? My wife works for an engineering firm and is in charge of the vehicle fleet. They purchase ford F150's and use the x-plan. she said that it would only be like a $500 discount for me. I was going to use it but obviously not now.

One thing is for sure, I did not reserve a Bronco thinking X-plan or bust. I reserved a Bronco because I thought the vehicle was BAD @$$. The thought to use the x-plan only came in later as a bonus when I saw other people talking about it.

I don't know about you guys but it's Bronco or Bust for me.
Its not about the discount...even though it didnt hurt but it is protection from piece of shit dealers coming back after your Bronco has been ordered and adding a massive markup ala C8 Corvette. There is not a damn thing from stopping every dealer in the country now from adding several grand to your order. You think they care if you walk away? somebody will buy it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I'm saying signing up for mca after putting in your reservation just to get an x plan pin is abusing the system and not how x plan was intended to be used. Especially when people are saying "i signed up and don't even have a mustang."
I didn't sign up but it would seem to me that if Ford corporate thought that was an abuse, they would shut it down at the source and require something more than a membership for the club to give out X-Plan codes. Ford requires proof to get approved for their special rebates (e.g., College Grad rebate), so the same could have been done wherever they allow X-Plan codes to be distributed.

colbert

Badlands
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram hds fj cruisers broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many dealers now are at that stage of buy it or leave. They don’t care and neither does ford. But they should. Maybe if they didn’t say they were going to and then change their minds after the fact it wouldn’t be as big of a deal.
To their own peril.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ooh the big dealers complained!

tenor-8.gif
Right! Dealers love x-plan lol.
Fwiw, im july and oct Granger so xplan doesnt really effect me, this is just a sleezy move that sours the wine for me.
We can agree to disagree. Here is the takeaway. People have been asking their dealers from the start whether or not they would honor x plan.(im a dealer and we were more than happy to honor x plan. no dealer hates x plan and all are happy to honor it.) the answers every time was "we will honor it if they allow it.", which should have been a red flag. 99% of dealers did not forsee x plan being available. most dealers doubted any plan would be available for first year runs. Ford isnt getting any additional money by not offering x plan. they are selling the vehicles to dealers for the same price no matter what. what it is saving is the money Ford reimburses dealers for selling at x plan.

Whether you agree or not, under Fords view, getting that membership after is a clear abuse of the program. there were warnings in prior threads. way too many people have seemed to base buying their bronco on x plan, and thats their fault for counting their chickens before they hatched. its unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't bitch - control what you can control.
It ain't over til the fat lady sings.... and well covid stopped her from making an appearance.

Besides, bitching and getting things of our chest is healthy. Keep it pent up like I do and you become a very very angry person ? ?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This should be everyone's concern.
I have two friends who recently went through this exact mess with the mid engine corvette. Both were given commitments from their respective dealers upon ordering that their would be no ADM. They were fine with paying MSRP. In the end, when the cars arrived, both payed more than MSRP and one of them was slammed with a $5K markup (The dealer told him "I have people lined up that will pay it."and a take it or leave it ultimatum). He walked after waiting forever.

So, for all those people saying that they are good with their dealers, be warned. This system is setup to incentivize dealers for converting reservations to orders. They will do and say anything to get you to place the order. Once you do, you have NO leverage. They want the stock to sell. The only way they can get it is by people cancelling orders (not reservations).

The way I see it is to be prepared to pay MSRP or above or walk. There is really nothing you can do about and you won't really know until the end. Stressing about it is not worth it. Unfortunately, Ford has given all the power to the dealers.
I will be requiring everything in writing with whatever dealer I choose before I convert my reservation to an order. No trust, no surprises.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't sign up but it would seem to me that if Ford corporate thought that was an abuse, they would shut it down at the source and require something more than a membership for the club to give out X-Plan codes. Ford requires proof to get approved for their special rebates (e.g., College Grad rebate), so the same could have been done wherever they allow X-Plan codes to be distributed.
Exactly, I can get x plan through DAV, but I saw in a earlier post they canceled the $500 to active duty military too. I mean I get not offering the the student one but damn. What the actual hell are they doing? Giving out the employee buy plan discount, but saying hey these soldiers don’t deserve a discount they’ll figure it out.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco NOT Eligible For X-Plan (Official Document Confirmation) [Update: Confirmed by Ford] Screenshot_20201020-150817_Messenger

I held off on saying for sure there was going to be any plan pricing because i just flat doubted there would be plan pricing as nothing had been announced of final pricing. we were way too far out for that.