First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I didn't sign up but it would seem to me that if Ford corporate thought that was an abuse, they would shut it down at the source and require something more than a membership for the club to give out X-Plan codes. Ford requires proof to get approved for their special rebates (e.g., College Grad rebate), so the same could have been done wherever they allow X-Plan codes to be distributed.
ive said from the start with our clients, that i didnt forsee Ford offering plans at all, but that if they did finalize it allowed, we would honor them. It was wayyy to early on to make those concrete statements. Dealers dont even have official order and pricing guides yet, so no way i was going to confirm any plans until its in stone and available in the order bank.
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right! Dealers love x-plan lol.
We can agree to disagree. Here is the takeaway. People have been asking their dealers from the start whether or not they would honor x plan.(im a dealer and we were more than happy to honor x plan. no dealer hates x plan and all are happy to honor it.) the answers every time was "we will honor it if they allow it.", which should have been a red flag. 99% of dealers did not forsee x plan being available. most dealers doubted any plan would be available for first year runs. Ford isnt getting any additional money by not offering x plan. they are selling the vehicles to dealers for the same price no matter what. what it is saving is the money Ford reimburses dealers for selling at x plan.

Whether you agree or not, under Fords view, getting that membership after is a clear abuse of the program. there were warnings in prior threads. way too many people have seemed to base buying their bronco on x plan, and thats their fault for counting their chickens before they hatched. its unfortunate, but it is what it is.
So you’re saying because people signed up for MCA they are withdrawing it from DAV and everyone else. That makes it sound even worse. They could have nipped that in the bud from the start. MCA X Plan only good for mustangs explorers and f150s. Not our fault.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So you’re saying because people signed up for MCA they are withdrawing it from DAV and everyone else. That makes it sound even worse. They could have nipped that in the bud from the start. MCA X Plan only good for mustangs explorers and f150s. Not our fault.
MCA didnt help, but i dont think Ford honestly planned on a corporate level to do x plan. But the abuse of programs by all means i believe played a solid part in it. to those who are saying that its not an abuse, clearly dont understand how the programs work, not that its their fault.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MCA didnt help, but i dont think Ford honestly planned on a corporate level to do x plan. But the abuse of programs by all means i believe played a solid part in it. to those who are saying that its not an abuse, clearly dont understand how the programs work, not that its their fault.
Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining! Thats what Ford is doing w/this move! You guys can carry thier water for em if you like...and I get it, I worked in a franchise for many years. But the buck stops w/Ford!

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Don't piss down my back and tell me its raining! Thats what Ford is doing w/this move! You guys can carry thier water for em if you like...and I get it, I worked in a franchise for many years. But the buck stops w/Ford!
Only in the fact that there was some statements that there would be x plan, but those statements came before any pricing has even been finalized. again, dealers still don't have any official pricing beyond just the base trim pricing

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems odd that Motor Trend pushed the X Plan two days after reveal. Can't image them doing this without a blessing. Ford change their minds. https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-bronco-xplan-pricing-discount/

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hear hear
Probably should have left out the mca membership part of people paying just 25$ to get a discount and requiring Ford to spend a ton of money reimbursing dealers for x plan.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford sees it as an abuse, why have they done nothing to stop it? (I'm not discussing whether X-Plan is/will/would/should/shouldn't/won't be available for Bronco, merely asking why they would let clubs and entities like MCA continue to "abuse" the system.)

If you ask me, Ford doesn't see this as abuse. They see it as a way to potentially make more sales. That's why they continue to let anyone get an X-Plan code through any outlet that will give one to them. Ford simply removes any vehicle from X-Plan that doesn't need help getting sold. That's why Bronco has no X-Plan and people will continue to be able to get X-Plan codes from Mustang Club or anywhere else in the future with no more difficulty than before.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is your head really stuck that far up your ass? Give it a break with the "abuse" word. You make it sound like we all sit around the campfire beating our dogs or something.

There is absolutely NOTHING illegal with having a MCA membership and using a pin for x-plan. If it's so much of an abuse, why didn't Ford make MCA pin's only eligible for Mustangs?

You really want to make a difference? Offer up something like @Granger Ford , or @StephensAutoCenter , or @EricAtKearnyMesaFord . Instead of coming in here crying about how WE all abused the system and forced the hand of Ford. There's a reason why people are going towards x-plan, it's because of the "We are gods" dealerships that look to screw the customer whenever they can. Maybe if dealerships weren't full of assholes, so many of us wouldn't go the MCA route.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

every now and then, i have to remind myself why i'm even considering this vehicle

awesome performance out of the box.

now, if we could get a hassle free buying experience ala XPlan
Sponsored