Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

Yooperwheels

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am probably out. I need power adjustable seats due to back injury. requires going to OBX with lux pkg to get them + 2.7 + rear locker + hard top + roof rack + leather and I end up at $53,570. That’s pretty much $10,000 above a new 4runner Off Road Premium which would be similarly equipped and have 5000# towing. Granted the 2.7 and 10 speed would offer more performance, but I have Extensively driven and towed with the wife’s 2018 4runner and the 4.0L V-6 and 5spd auto are a very well integrate combo that perform well and have not left me wanting on or off road, towing boats or our camping trailer or rummaging around hunting and fishing. Don’t do much rock climbing here but suspect the Broncho might be a better tool for that. Hard for me to justify the $10,000 premium for the Broncho.
Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Me too . I was pleasantly surprised . I waited until lunch today to build my Wildtrak and added the roof rails , sound deadening , towing package , leather trimmed MGV seats , rock rails and the high package just fine.
How did you get roof rails? Not showing as option or accessory on my Wildtrak BP page.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm actually less on the fence now than what I was originally. I have always been firmly in the Base to Black Diamond group. The issue is that Ford knows how to nickel and dime people on the higher trim levels (and knows many are willing to let them). People who are satisfied with more functionality over luxury in the bottom three trims are getting way more value for the money spent. I even find it hard justifying moving from a fully optioned Base w/ Squatch (which is basically a Black Diamond without the vinyl and washout interior) to a similarly optioned Big Bend with the Mid Package for $7k more. Essentially all you are getting in that tradeoff is optional signature lighting, navigation (which is free through your smartphone),and heated steering wheel and seats. That is not $7k worth of stuff to me because I don't need driver assist features. I would enjoy the heated wheel and seats but that would be about it. I won't enjoy it for $7k more though. I guess that puts me firmly in a fully optioned and accessorized Base w/ Sasquatch, rockin' Velocity Blue.
My thoughts exactly

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Early and late reservation here. I wouldn't mind waiting if I had ANY confidence that Ford was going to offer different interior and\or exterior options for a MY22.

I know Ford SOP is to not comment on future product lines. However, I think they need to communicate out what the different color combos and options are (if any) for '22 sooner rather than later. If they say no changes to '22s beyond getting what was promised for '21s then I can make a much more informed decision about what to do with these reservations.

Sponsored

ojsimpson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Base
Part of the reason I am bummed is that cosmetic features (like the brushed aluminum bumper ) that Ford has been pushing in promo pictures are not available and don't seem like they will until MY22/23.

Too much confusion. Also what kind of build quality can we expect if the build and price website doesn't even function without some major obvious flaws?

Mattymeats

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Tesla Model X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am still very excited, but some things definitely have rubbed me the wrong way and made me reconsider:

- options not being available with sasquatch or the 2.7L (makes no sense)
- Black Diamond being limited to force you to go up to Bad Lands (not digging OBX panted fenders)
- Maybe most of all- the interior. Cactus Gray exterior with orange trimmed interior?? It makes zero sense.

I reserved in October on the Granger deal, so I have a lot of time to figure it all out. But I'd be lying if I didn't say my enthusiasm has taken a big hit.

GEP

Badlands
First Name
Glynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm very taken aback by Fords punitive view of the Canadian market. Far more than FX which is what I expected. To put in perspective, a 2 door badlands would be more than my fully loaded Jeep GC Trailhawk. I know they're very different vehicles but gives some perspective.

I was 110% in but wondering if I should wait until, hopefully, the gap between CDN and USD is a little bit less.

Sponsored

TXKK626

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After building a bunch of different options and then hideous camo of wikdtrak, I also went an explored jeep this morning out of curiosity
Ditto. I’ve saved four different bronco configurations and five or six Jeep configurations. Working to get apples-to-apples comparisons, the Jeeps come in 2-3k under Bronco prices for me, it seems. And, Jeeps are sitting on the lots to actually drive before buying…

I will be playing with it some more over the next couple weeks, but I have some thinking to do.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

tlubinski

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So now that B&P came out, I'm definitely less excited. It just feels like the base price plus options on the Badlands four door I was shooting for has now become less than reasonable... in my mind. It's just about justification of a nearly 50% increase in price now that I optioned it with what I would expect to be a moderately normal set of options.

I'll say this, the design is still fantastic. It is still likely a very capable truck. I do still 'want' one. But I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around over $60k (with tax in Texas). I can justify around or a little above $50k in my head. I have owned a D90, Range Rover Classic, and blah blah blah numerous other vehicles (never a Ford). I was about ready to pull the trigger on either a few year old G63 or GLS63 until the Bronco came into being. With the options on the Bronco, I'm actually now over the cost of a two or three year old CPO GLS63. I have a morning of the second day reservation. Don't get me wrong, I like the truck. But with all of the nit picky options (and thus additional cost), I'm now on the fence. It's in the reach or above that of a lightly used G63 or GLS63 now... so my mind is now wandering.

Anyone else? I wonder how many of those reservations may now not convert with people seeing the all-in pricing.
I was also all in and ready to get rid of my 2019 Jeep Wrangler but after I saw all the mismatched interior options...or lack their of and the pricing for the options was ridiculous. I wanted the BD and the upgraded B+O sound system but you have to move up several trim levels and then get the LUX package. What a rip off. I'll stick with my Jeep Wrangler!

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About 6 to 8 weeks like mold.
2 weeks: They're not that bad. I kinda like one of the colors.

4 weeks: With the top on no one will care. And it's unique. It'll be different and cool.

6 weeks : That camo is bad ass. Real outdoorsy. And with the Bronco symbol. Navy pier is so forward-thinking.

8 weeks: Time to order