Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Feels like we're days away from hearing news on the 2024 Order Banks opening up. Will finally be getting in line and feels like I'm constantly refreshing here and checking emails from my dealer.
Sponsored

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More than likely the manual is dead from here on out, just too much of a liability. Iā€™m sure we donā€™t know the whole story on the manual, you know, deny the problem until itā€™s inevitable.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More than likely the manual is dead from here on out, just too much of a liability. Iā€™m sure we donā€™t know the whole story on the manual, you know, deny the problem until itā€™s inevitable.
What happened to the positivity? Definitely a Debbie Downer in the room. LOL.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, just trying to be realistic. I do hope ford gets the quality control act together. So much potential with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still says itā€™s returning for 2024 on Fordā€™s website. I donā€™t really see any reason it wouldnā€™t

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You watch ur mouf. šŸ¤

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the 23MY order banks haven't closed yet?

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was worried after Getrag got sold to Magna, BUT... they put the gen 4 MT-82 in the Mustang, and I see no reason why they wouldn't keep the manual trans for the Bronco. By the same token, I could also see them holding off on manual transmission builds until 2024 Job 2, just to give themselves some breathing room for the Ranger launch.

I know we all did an excellent good job complaining about a random noise for 230+ pages, but did anyone actually have a failure related to that issue?? I'll certainly defer to @Ducati1098 and others that have been more regularly involved in that thread, but I've seen 3 of those transmissions taken apart for the TSB and didn't notice any signs of wear that could lead to failure. As far as I know it was just a noise we didn't like.

I'm actually hoping we'll see a manual in the Ranger so Ford can go head-to-head with the Tacoma. If so that will absolutely be my next vehicle purchase... but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Yes, a much higher rate of failure than normal. And at least one transmission that had their oil changed showed up as completely black. That and you donā€™t understand how loud it is for some transmissions, people are approaching Broncos in the parking lot telling the owners that their car is making a loud noiseā€¦yes itā€™s that loud for some. It does eventually lead to failure, including not being able to shift into gears. Hell, even in a small northwest Bronco Facebook group, there was 4-5 people that had manual transmission issue, and thatā€™s just due to one guy asking, I doubt all the owners read the page daily or even saw the question (I only check it weekly and read 1/10 of the posts). If they are only producing, letā€™s say 1000-1200 manuals per year, this seems like a huge problem to me.

It is not just noise, if people are coming up to you telling you ur car is making a noise.

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: Lets go 24MY hopefully I can finally take delivery of with my original reservation date of July 14 2020, so positive !

Sponsored

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a current owner I want to say I absolutely love these Ponys! This has been the single most fun vehicles I have ever owned. The ability to go from kicking dirt on a difficult trail to running highway speeds to get there has been astonishing and will spoil rotten any OG of the 4x4 trails. These Ford Broncos are awesome!

That being said, there is serious customer service and quality control issues Ford needs to address ASAP before we get excited about new ones.

I waited about 650 days for my Bronc as a early reservation holder and then at 6000 miles my cam shaft phasers failed and the engine needs to be pulled... equally, we have 2.3s manuals dropping bolts into the pan! We have inferior turbos throwing chaff into the intakes killing engines, fuel pumps failing and stranding drivers on highways, windows that won't close, we have brand new hard tops delaminating, and we have vehicles sitting for warranty work or parts for literal months/years because no parts have been alocated for existing customers/owners... literally right now, we have hundreds if not thousands of broncos nationwide sitting in dealer lots unable to be released because of a recall hold for a 30 cent plastic part that keeps the seat belt up high enough for fats and halfwits.

I love my badsas and want this rig to be my next 29 year old Ford someday... the Ford Bronco is the coolest and most fun vehcile on the road! But, Ford also needs to step up and properly take care for their existing customers. It's all of our responsibility as consumers to make sure that they do.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, a much higher rate of failure than normal. And at least one transmission that had their oil changed showed up as completely black. That and you donā€™t understand how loud it is for some transmissions, people are approaching Broncos in the parking lot telling the owners that their car is making a loud noiseā€¦yes itā€™s that loud for some. It does eventually lead to failure, including not being able to shift into gears. Hell, even in a small northwest Bronco Facebook group, there was 4-5 people that had manual transmission issue, and thatā€™s just due to one guy asking, I doubt all the owners read the page daily or even saw the question (I only check it weekly and read 1/10 of the posts). If they are only producing, letā€™s say 1000-1200 manuals per year, this seems like a huge problem to me.

It is not just noise, if people are coming up to you telling you ur car is making a noise.
There is absolutely no verified failure other than it causing a loud noise.
Not surprising that people will try and attribute other issues to a known one, but there is no evidence in any of the ones I've seen that would indicate this has caused any type of shifting concern.
The fluid turning black also isnā€™t an indication of anything, itā€™s just a normal characteristic of that fluid. Take one of those transmission with zero noises or problems and the fluid would still turn black quickly.

Regardless, the TSB seems to be fixing the concern so far, so it's pointless to even argue about this.

ThickGatorade

Raptor
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.7 & 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but afaik the 23MY order banks haven't closed yet?
I believe they have been closed for quite some time but would love to know definitively as well.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is absolutely no verified failure other than it causing a loud noise.
Not surprising that people will try and attribute other issues to a known one, but there is no evidence in any of the ones I've seen that would indicate this has caused any type of shifting concern.
The fluid turning black also isnā€™t an indication of anything, itā€™s just a normal characteristic of that fluid. Take one of those transmission with zero noises or problems and the fluid would still turn black quickly.

Regardless, the TSB seems to be fixing the concern so far, so it's pointless to even argue about this.
Go reread that thread, yes there is. And have you heard the noise in person? Itā€™s so loud that random people are coming up to the owners and telling them their car are making a noise. Sorry but thatā€™s still an issue. And just wait til this coming winter. Itā€™s definitely temperature related.
Sponsored

Last edited: