Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Dealer told me this Monday (Dec 7th) II will be able to put my order in. I am close with them and know they wouldn't lie to me. Unless Ford is lying to them.
I reached out to my dealer today and this was his reply

Good afternoon,
I reached out to our regional Ford Rep and they have not been told a date. She thinks it will be soon. Feel free to send me your build and price sheet from Ford's website if you would like. Once the order bank opens I should be able to convert your reservation quickly. I will contact you when this happens.

KosmicKid

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX '14 Jaguar XFR-S 18 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't have an immediate need for a vehicle, and the Bronco has & was always considered to be a "Fun" vehicle to have for a couple of years. With all the delays and not knowing if or when I would get mine, that new F150 Hybrid is looking better each day (and probably have it before the Bronco)
Just like a lot of people just getting antsy....

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I reached out to my dealer today and this was his reply

Good afternoon,
I reached out to our regional Ford Rep and they have not been told a date. She thinks it will be soon. Feel free to send me your build and price sheet from Ford's website if you would like. Once the order bank opens I should be able to convert your reservation quickly. I will contact you when this happens.
Well of course they won't say anything other than soon, they don't want you shopping for another vehicle.

(Can we start a list, "Stupid things dealers say and the lies they tell"?)

texex

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chill, have some patience and understanding. The Virus is wreaking havoc on production facilities, supply chains and even engineering services. Nearly every industry is experiencing long delays. We will all get our Broncos and it will be worth the wait.
thats just it, I don’t think we will all get our Broncos. The MSRP guarantee is just for 2021 models. After that dealers can mark them up regardless of having a reservation. I remember Raptors having mark ups 15k over sticker. I won’t be getting a bronco if it’s 15k (or even 5k) over sticker. I’m not interested in a $72,000 badlands.

Sponsored

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t care if the orders open in Dec, Jan or Mar for that matter. The fact that we have to rely on (mis)information from dealers while the North American Communications Manager for Ford continues to stay silent is most bothersome to me. Just share the current plan so we know

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Why is everyone stressing out about waiting until January. Order banks for reservation holders close January 31. Our reservation are time stamped so it’s not like your going to get your Bronco any quicker by ordering in December. Plus more options are supposed to be added to B & P in January.
Ford Bronco Bronco order date / bank now opening January? Per dealer breathe-calm-down-stressing-out-will-help-no-one

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well of course they won't say anything other than soon, they don't want you shopping for another vehicle.

(Can we start a list, "Stupid things dealers say and the lies they tell"?)
Thought we already had one of those. In theory anyway.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why is everyone stressing out about waiting until January. Order banks for reservation holders close January 31. Our reservation are time stamped so it’s not like your going to get your Bronco any quicker by ordering in December. Plus more options are supposed to be added to B & P in January.
No stressing on my end one little bit and I suspect many others are the same. The Bronco will arrive when the Bronco arrives.

On the other hand, the Bronco6g community has had to resort to asking members to post the latest on what they have heard from their dealers and the occasional dealer who posts what they know as Ford refuses to update the very customers they are counting on for profit recovery.

It's not quite Da Vinci code but Ford's plan, communication and marketing can be summed up in one word, take your pick:
  • inept
  • clumsy
  • incompetent
  • unskillful
  • unskilled
  • inexpert
  • amateurish
  • crude
  • rough
  • clumsy
  • awkward
  • maladroit
  • unhandy
  • all thumbs
  • bungling
  • blundering
  • bumbling
  • botched
  • unproductive
  • unsuccessful
  • ineffectual
  • inadequate
  • inferior
  • substandard
  • wanting
  • lacking
  • not up to scratch
  • all fingers and thumbs
  • cack-handed
  • ham-fisted
  • ham-handed
  • butterfingered
  • klutzy

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats just it, I don’t think we will all get our Broncos. The MSRP guarantee is just for 2021 models. After that dealers can mark them up regardless of having a reservation. I remember Raptors having mark ups 15k over sticker. I won’t be getting a bronco if it’s 15k (or even 5k) over sticker. I’m not interested in a $72,000 badlands.
I hear what your saying but if people vote with their dollars that shouldn't happen, at least not for long. I agree that I am also not interested in a $72K Badlands and I would not pay that for one.

Much as the Raptors, there were dealers gouging well above MSRP and a few people paid that but most informed buyers shopped around and found dealers that weren't doing that and purchased from them. The end result was that after a short time those shenanigans ended. I predict the same for Bronco.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
" The order conversion process will begin in December and run through January 31, 2021. Customers should expect their selected dealer to schedule an order consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price, and place the order "

Ford's words- that's it. We are entering the period of conversion. It's not a crisis that Ford and the dealers are still working on the process. By the statement above, it's in the dealers hands to inform buyers. Some dealers are moving forward by doing a "consultation to complete their configuration, agree on selling price " . Maybe others simply do not have the resources to do this prep work. The B & P is what it is. The DIO are not needed to complete a factory build. Lets revisit this on Feb !st about Ford's failure.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if that mean all FE'S will produced first.
Oh my gosh! Enough with the FEs being first! They can’t produce all of one model at a time due to parts availablity.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So what does a credit app look like? I ask because I was under the impression they don't do anything with credit until you go to pickup/pay for the thing

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly. I have spoke to my chosen dealer here, in Vermont, several times in regards to this whole process . . . they are definitely not looking at credit until you take delivery - many factors credit-wise could change between now and then - and, as of this morning, still plan to place my order on the 7th.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can apply for financing a few weeks prior to getting the vehicle. I believe it is around 30 days or so, just because interest rates change.
The Ford Credit Application is only in effect for thirty (30) days - you are correct. It would be a total waste of time for a dealership to ask, and a customer to comply, with completing an application months (or more) before taking delivery.
Sponsored