Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, electric/hybrid vehicles are where computers were in the late 80s - there was new revolutionary shit released Every Tuesday.

Before jumping in, understand the industry is about to standardize on wireless charging technology...from a pad on your garage floor. Google it. Caveat Emptor
Inductive charging has a large drawback, it's not fast and will never be as fast as wired charging. It's pretty much only useful in situations like home or a work garage where the car will sit for hours. So any car that has inductive charging will also have the standard plug in charging port so that it can be charged more quickly on a road trip. Even then I'd still only recommend an electric car as a 2nd vehicle, while having an SUV of some kind for long distance road trips.
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford has not changed anything and they are not late, there is nothing extra to communicate. The rumors, supposition, and bizarre twisting of words from out of context snippets from supposed internal Ford documents or statements from dealers is out of control on this forum, been that way for four months or more. A self-perpetuating circle of made up stuff verified by the same circle of made up stuff.

Below is the verbiage on the Ford website as of right now, been that way for a long time;

Reserve now to secure your Bronco. Beginning in December 2020, you will be able to convert your reservation to an order with your preferred Ford Dealer.

In early 2021, your Ford Dealer will be able to provide an approximate date for the delivery of your Bronco. Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in June 2021.

Due to the high number of Bronco 2 and 4-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year.

This is what Ford is telling consumers, same thing they have been telling them for a very long time. Ordering starts in December.

There is no confusion or changing information from Ford. I am unaware of any Ford statements (Ford, not dealers, not this forum, but Ford) that contradict the above. If I am in error, please show me an official Ford statement to the public, not from or to a dealer or a forum, that says Ford is slipping that start date until after 12/31. Until that elusive document is found or ordering doesn't start by New Years Eve, there is nothing to hold against them.
My response was to another persons statement that they were "welcoming" a delay. yes, the main title/post is all assumption as far as I am concerned. Ford however has; delayed B&P, did not have all their accessories ready for B&P launch, has not fixed errors on B&P nor updated it. Then they expect us to place our orders without having an accurate B&P (plans t update it sometime in Jan.). I hope they do not push back ordering or that there are any delays (other than Covid-out of their control)....that is what I was getting to. And yes....I would like to see OFFICIAL FORD Statements too. You would think they would respond and get on this forum to squash any incorrect information and rumors. I am a long time FORD customer and am looking forward to the Bronco.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From my dealer today..12.7 is not an official Ford date, its a date freely talked about in all the forums. He mentioned ordering MAY happen mid December but no official word from Ford yet...
Don't crucify me(messanger)

Sponsored

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Its hard to imagine ford will accept orders without a finalized b&p. They could potentially lose out additional option purchases.

dshanesmith

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Received a call from my dealer about 10 minutes ago that it was time to come in a place an actual order. Had to setup an appointment and was told to ask for a manager.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Received a call from my dealer about 10 minutes ago that it was time to come in a place an actual order. Had to setup an appointment and was told to ask for a manager.
Not sure how they can do that when the order banks haven’t opened yet. Lol.

ArcticRaptor

First Edition
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 and 2020 Raptors and 2008 Adrenaline
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My dealer told me today that the order banks open up next week and the FE's may be done as soon as April.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's funny that people are surprised by delays right now. I work in supply chain and the LA port congestion(for example) is the worst it's ever been- current dwell time is approx 2 weeks, when a few days is the norm. Also, PAX flights are still limited and major hub airports in the US are seeing multiple day delays for pickups (typically It's 4 hours). Just today it was announced that 4 airlines are stopping their flights from China to the US for 10 days because most of their ground handlers are infected.

My company is currently moving the cowhides for Bronco leather into Mexico from South America and the suppliers are a few weeks behind schedule. Covid is wreaking havoc on the industry.

Plus, doesn't help that Bronco is introducing new components/suppliers (like removable roofs) during a pandemic, so it makes since that these would be some of the late availability items.
Those containers leaking cowhide juice are terrible. Even worse is a dozen cowhide containers leaking on a single ship cargo bay.

dshanesmith

Outer Banks
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure how they can do that when the order banks haven’t opened yet. Lol.
And I’m not sure what’s so lol worthy. Just posting what I was told. I assume they’re preemptively collecting “orders” and deposits to put in the system (when the system opens for actual ordering). But hey it’s whatever.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco order date / bank now opening January? Per dealer 1606961108829

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer told me today that the order banks open up next week and the FE's may be done as soon as April.
I wonder if that mean all FE'S will produced first.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just talked to my Zone rep and his answer was "soon". I asked if the Dec 7th date was off the table and his answer was it wasn't likely to be that soon, but he was being told December was still the plan. He seemed to have as little confidence in the process as I do at this point, so take that for what its worth.
Did you respond to his "soon" with "by"?
Sponsored