Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go reread that thread, yes there is. ...
You made an assertion that there was a failure. Seems like the burden of proof is on you to back up your assertion and not just point to a thread and tell others to read. Find the actual post and link to it to support your assertion. Otherwise, it is just a noisy transmission. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Go reread that thread, yes there is. And have you heard the noise in person? Itā€™s so loud that random people are coming up to the owners and telling them their car are making a noise. Sorry but thatā€™s still an issue. And just wait til this coming winter. Itā€™s definitely temperature related.
Iā€™m the main poster on that thread lol
Not only have I heard the noise, but Iā€™ve rebuilt and performed the TSB on 6-7 transmissions so far.
Not a single one has had any issue other than a noise. Not a single one showed signs of any additional wear related to that TSB or the synchronizer ring concern. Anyone claiming shifting issues are due to this TSB for a noise are just flat out incorrect šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Matches what I've seen in-person, and what I've been able to gather by only casually scrolling through that thread.

Granted my sample size of 3 and your sample size of 6-7 transmissions isn't enough to definitively say either way. But you'd think by now we would have seen evidence if it was actually causing failures, and thus far I've seen none.

BUT... I don't blame anyone for thinking there are actual failures. I know there were a handful of people who were trying to blame their 1st/2nd gear shifting issue on the synchro rings TSB which made ZERO sense since TSB has techs replacing the 5th/6th gear synchros. And there was one user in particular that was trying to pin ALL manual transmission issuesā€”and even an issue that was pretty clearly a phaser issuesā€”on the synchro ring problem. But he was hell-bent on trying to get the issue fixed, and spent most of his day repeatedly posting nonsensical alarmist BS in that thread. (I've noticed he's since been banned.)

----

ANYWAY.... I'm also curious if cloth seats will make a come-back. I have a feeling that one may actually be dead for good, but guess we'll find out in a few months.
Transmission failure/wear for me is not a big concern out of the gate. Years later out of warranty is though. There's no way to sugar coat it, a transmission making odd grumbling noises when relatively new isn't ideal.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m the main poster on that thread lol
Not only have I heard the noise, but Iā€™ve rebuilt and performed the TSB on 6-7 transmissions so far.
Not a single one has had any issue other than a noise. Not a single one showed signs of any additional wear related to that TSB or the synchronizer ring concern. Anyone claiming shifting issues are due to this TSB for a noise are just flat out incorrect šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
My mistake and Iā€™m sorry. I must of remembered incorrectly. This gives me confidence to drive mine during winter then.

bkirchhoff

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW: '07 328xi, '13 X1, '75 R90/6, '12 R1200GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No way they kill the m/t when Jeep still offers it. Theyā€™ve just got some issues yet to iron out.
Thisā€¦is at least what I keep telling myself. They received more m/t orders than they expected. Demand is higher than they thought it would be so it would be foolish to take that option away and let Jeep be the only m/t option on the market.

Saying this as someone who has had a dealer deposit on an m/t down for nearly a year now. Did not cave when it wasnā€™t available for order in the spring. Continuing to hold out hope that in about a month or so Iā€™ll be able to see that order officially placed.

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thisā€¦is at least what I keep telling myself. They received more m/t orders than they expected. Demand is higher than they thought it would be so it would be foolish to take that option away and let Jeep be the only m/t option on the market.

Saying this as someone who has had a dealer deposit on an m/t down for nearly a year now. Did not cave when it wasnā€™t available for order in the spring. Continuing to hold out hope that in about a month or so Iā€™ll be able to see that order officially placed.
If m/t wasn't available when I ordered, I wouldn't have given the Bronco a second thought. It's so much fun to drive and honestly, even paired with the 2.3, so much peppier than my wife's m/t wrangler.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how many more thousands is the price going to increase or do you think with the economy slowing and orders getting filled that we are reaching a point where things may slow on the increases a bit?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Admittedly this is pure speculation on my part... but I'm expecting at least another $500 - $1500, depending on the trim/config. That would put Ford's pricing more or less in-line with the 2024 Wrangler pricing.

BUT, I don't think we'll see dramatic price increases throughout the year like we did with 2023MY. (Or... at least I hope we don't... rather not make a 2024MY price protection thread.)
Ford has already said there will be no price protection after MY'23. Of course, there will always be mid-year price increases. But how they are handled isn't any different than any other year.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Admittedly this is pure speculation on my part... but I'm expecting at least another $500 - $1500, depending on the trim/config. That would put Ford's pricing more or less in-line with the 2024 Wrangler pricing.

BUT, I don't think we'll see dramatic price increases throughout the year like we did with 2023MY. (Or... at least I hope we don't... rather not make a 2024MY price protection thread.)
Agreed. After raising Lightning prices $20k, Ford realized the overdid it with the price increases and dropped them down by $9-10k. And the stock took a hit as a result.

I'm guessing Ford planned a $2000-2500 increase, but will back it off to $800-1600 depending on trim and number of doors.

I also expect they will pad the bottom line a bit by making some packages included/mandatory on some trims (like they did with the Maverick).

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here's my hope for 2024 in a Heritage Trim. These colors with a modern touch!

Screenshot_20220719-191958_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230126_202652_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230722_082227_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Aaron01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Take it with a grain of salt, but I just received this email from a dealership.

Ford Bronco Sending out the positivity now on 2024MY news & order bank SmartSelect_20230729_091726_Outlook

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Take it with a grain of salt, but I just received this email from a dealership.

Ford Bronco Sending out the positivity now on 2024MY news & order bank SmartSelect_20230729_091726_Outlook
I do feel that this would be accurate. This has been the theme for the past years as it close to the anniversary date of the 1st release in 1966.

OP
OP

csmola38

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I received an email from my dealer yesterday that the 2023 order banks officially close August 10th. So it seems like things are heating up.

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My educated guess. We'll get info on the 11th of the new changes and order banks will open that following Monday the 14th.

C'mon Boxwood Green!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder if they will keep allocating and building '23s until the first batch of '24s roll off the line. Sounds like this transition will be mid Nov. I've got $10k+ of '23 price protections (all the increases) and no allocation. I'm extremely nervous.
Sponsored