Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes from what I gathered on the other forums about this is that it is squatched, but just doesn't have the heavier duty lift coils, which applies to the rear as well. If a bronco has squatch fenders, but not the coils it is really a squatch??
The answer is more elusive than Sasquatch himself.

I wish Ford would give people a better break down on sasquatch components, like do they lower the front diff to compensate for increased CV joint angle?
Which is why I purposely called them the "sasquatch fenders" and didn't call it a Sasquatch. ;)

I am totally with you on this and have been equally annoyed by everyone calling each vehicle out by its "trim" solely based on the front grille.

kbertine

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High and Lux packages come with "additional sound deadening materials." So there's that.
I see, thanks for calling it out. The 4-door comes in a soft-top as standard, so I'm assuming the sound deadening they're referring to is for the roof since the 2-door is a hardtop.

Ah I see so that package comes with it.
You can on the Badlands. They are a $995 option w/ the 33's.
The wheel options are standard, beadlock (comes with Sasquatch), and high gloss aluminum (non-beadlock). I wish I could get the beadlock as an option. Will probably go stock them swap them out.

BrianBormes

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Powerstroke Bronco, Cummins Bronco, LS Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am totally with you on this and have been equally annoyed by everyone calling each vehicle out by its "trim" solely based on the front grille.
[/QUOTE]

Please use its proper pronoun: ManBadSquatchOvErLaNdMinusCoilSpringsA51wRoofRailsBronco2021

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

geez what is this a pissing match? smh this forum is going down in flames. lighten us up, @EvlNvrDys.
Yeah with all the arguing going on lately, I'm just going to put the keyboard down.....

Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see, thanks for calling it out. The 4-door comes in a soft-top as standard, so I'm assuming the sound deadening they're referring to is for the roof since the 2-door is a hardtop.

Ah I see so that package comes with it.

The wheel options are standard, beadlock (comes with Sasquatch), and high gloss aluminum (non-beadlock). I wish I could get the beadlock as an option. Will probably go stock them swap them out.
in the bronco nation materials video and trail concept video, both mention the $995 wheels upgrade (non sasquatch) are bead lock capable. I think the build and price description is just missing that detail.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are the restrictions linked to Sasquatch here because of the weight difference or height? If weight, I would be surprised if this bronco weighs less than a sasquatch bronco due to the steel bumpers and winch. If height is also a factor, yeah this one might be 1/2" less tall than a sasquatch.
I heard that is was due GVWR on the four door. Apparently Ford was concerned that a 4 -door with Sasquatch and roof rack with the roof rack loaded could exceed the Bronco GVWR. Not sure if that is true but read it on another forum.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus just buy the damn rack either when you order or just after it arrives. The thing installs in minutes and is not worth all this whining.
Do you mean that the hard top is prepped to receive the roof rack? Any closeup shots of how the roof rack attaches to the top?

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mean that the hard top is prepped to receive the roof rack? Any closeup shots of how the roof rack attaches to the top?
the circled inserts come out... at least for the front. not sure how it attaches to the back
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1603907659698

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the circled inserts come out... at least for the front. not sure how it attaches to the back
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1603907659698
Thanks that looks easy! How about on the back, same deal? Assume the roof rack has to come off to remove the top, yes?

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks that looks easy! How about on the back, same deal? Assume the roof rack has to come off to remove the top, yes?
i think it attaches to where i circled...
Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1603908110214

Ford Bronco Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket 1603908163159

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fonz54