Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's where me and wife are as well. I would have been up to paying for a black or white modular top but the grey is not attractive. The black soft top will have to do for now.
Wondee if we can place roof racks on soft top. FEELS like a dumb question but I'm unsure actually

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s the guess on what the black or white tops will eventually cost? I can live with the grey top but might go for black later on
My guess would be in the $3-4k range after the fact. That $1895 was for the original factory installed Shadow Black modular top (which is no longer available, aka "Late availability", aka MY22).

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's my issue as well but I need to see it in Carbonized Gray before I can really have an opinion. This picture really shows the difference. The flares, pillar and door handles match, but the MIC top is much lighter. I think it looks good on A51 but maybe not as good on some of the other color options.

MIC.gif
I was ok with the gray and A51, but Dammit now I cannot unsee the b & c pillar, door handles, flairs, and mirrors.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic, line x it is

Couldn't agree more, looks great and you wont have to worry about trees or hail or other stuff damaging your roof off road. More peace of mind to use it the way it was intended.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My guess would be in the $3-4k range after the fact. That $1895 was for the original factory installed Shadow Black modular top (which is no longer available, aka "Late availability", aka MY22).
Guessing your right as they said they had to figure in packaging and shipping and storage into the price. Anyone have a solid guess what a paint shop would charge to paint the top, the grill, fender flares, side view mirror covers, and potentially the handle's in a Shadow Black like color with a clear coat? My guess is its cheaper then buying the Shadow Black one later on.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still am having a hard time with the Cyber Orange trim as mandatory on the BL and the Area51 trim color on the WT no matter what exterior color you get... I've tried to accept it, slept on it and it between the BL and WT it is KILLING MEEEEEEE.....
Just dye the stitching black if it's such a problem. The orange can probably be shifted to something darker (other than black).

Seriously, they make products specifically to address the issue of stitching. You'll have to spend a few hours of your own time doing it though. Consider it quality time with your new rig!

Last edited:

TXAG

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone confirm if a spray on bed liner will adhere and hold up well on MIC tops? And if so, which brand might be best? Seems like the easiest way for me to get this problem solved and not have to wait until 2022.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was ok with the gray and A51, but Dammit now I cannot unsee the b & c pillar, door handles, flairs, and mirrors.
You know the saying... once you see it ?

I really want to see what it looks like on the Carbonized Gray 4-door (hopefully BL since that is the trim I'm most likely going with). If I don't like the way it looks, I will go with the soft top for delivery and wait for other hard top options later.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can anyone confirm if a spray on bed liner will adhere and hold up well on MIC tops? And if so, which brand might be best? Seems like the easiest way for me to get this problem solved and not have to wait until 2022.
a local line-x dealer said that their "Ultra" product would most likely be perfect for the roof with just a scuffing. They cannot promise anything until they physically get a Bronco in their shop and can see/touch it to know.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
a local line-x dealer said that their "Ultra" product would most likely be perfect for the roof with just a scuffing. They cannot promise anything until they physically get a Bronco in their shop and can see/touch it to know.
Any ball park figure on cost?

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If we were late to the reservation game and are expecting a '22 model year anyway, what are the chances we will be able to order a black top from the factory? I know we have to put in an order in December, but I'm guessing that will be editable since we have a long wait anyway?
Sponsored