Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I I've seen it on the explorer and looks good. Whats the hold up on Velocity Blue?

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear ya ... and all I have to go by are the photos of the colors out in the sun. I do hope that Cactus has some kind of green in it!!! If it does then I'm all in. But if it's this gray color I saw in person, then no way. I have a feeling there will be a lot of shocked folks that order this thinking there is some green or blue in it when it arrives.

Ford Bronco More Arizona Bronco Pics with feedback and full size truck comparison 562EDC08-D0A3-4353-94AC-A4789B0E9028

Ford Bronco More Arizona Bronco Pics with feedback and full size truck comparison 562EDC08-D0A3-4353-94AC-A4789B0E9028

Guessing It’s a color undertone thing.

What does Sherwin-Williams say about paint undertones....
Look at the lighting. How much and what type of natural light a room gets can have a big effect on the undertones that come out of a color. Blue northern light will emphasize blue undertones; golden southern light will make colors appear creamier. Electric light is equally important. “Colors will look totally different under yellow incandescent light versus green fluorescent light,”

Sponsored

GiddyUp

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guessing It’s a color undertone thing.

What does Sherwin-Williams say about paint undertones....
Look at the lighting. How much and what type of natural light a room gets can have a big effect on the undertones that come out of a color. Blue northern light will emphasize blue undertones; golden southern light will make colors appear creamier. Electric light is equally important. “Colors will look totally different under yellow incandescent light versus green fluorescent light,”
That's correct ... which is why I was glad to see this color in person and in bright sunlight. That gave me its true color ... primer gray. Knowing that, I went back to past photos I downloaded to see how the color looks different via computer. More times than not, if I zoom in all the way on part of the color, that gray appeared for me. Which is unfortunate, because I was hoping for a light green tint in it. Unless they announce a change to it ... I'm staying away from this color, and will enjoy seeing it on someone else's rig.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m back to my October take. I will not buy CG unless I see it on a vehicle in person. A Bronco Sport would suffice, but I need to see it for myself. Too mint and I’m out, flat gray and I’m out. Sounds like a small window, but most photos look just right... the B&P not being one of them.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The lighter tops here are not white. They're like a very light silvery grey.
@TaiKoi

That silver top, does it really reflect that light or is it more of a camera thing? It is looking REALLY sharp. Would like to see one of those non-production silver tops on a VB 4 door BD.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
looks good! One thing I have noticed on most every rear end shot (shown clearly in the SQ'd CaG photos) is the door sag on the away side of the hinges. How are they going to hold up after half a decade of use?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@TaiKoi

That silver top, does it really reflect that light or is it more of a camera thing? It is looking REALLY sharp. Would like to see one of those non-production silver tops on a VB 4 door BD.
Kinda more of a camera thing. It's not as bright in real life.

I'd say this is pretty much it.
20201109_215736.jpg

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m back to my October take. I will not buy CG unless I see it on a vehicle in person. A Bronco Sport would suffice, but I need to see it for myself. Too mint and I’m out, flat gray and I’m out. Sounds like a small window, but most photos look just right... the B&P not being one of them.
I agree, you gotta see it but from what you're describing, it's just right. I couldn't stop saying how much I liked it. I was completely over CG but might end up getting it now. I have to see Area 51 in person and I'll be able to make a decision. Even on a Sport like you said.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, you gotta see it but from what you're describing, it's just right. I couldn't stop saying how much I liked it. I was completely over CG but might end up getting it now. I have to see Area 51 in person and I'll be able to make a decision. Even on a Sport like you said.
If it looks to my eyes like it looks in your photos, color me CG.
Sponsored