Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought they were making the bronco better than a jeep? lol.
I'm not sure how you'd make it better. This is pretty close to Best Top design.... Which is great. I'm happy, hard to admit. And thanks to bn finally.
Sponsored

kermitfrog

First Name
gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
drive
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
If it's anything like Jeep hard tops, there are bolts to hold down the hard top in the Bronco too. And those bolts are only if you want to completely remove the soft top, which I won't be doing hardly. That's the whole reason to leave the soft top attached - to always have the top with you whenever you need it.
I am pretty sure also there is bolts that hold the hard top in postion(on one picture of the rear inside interior you can make the bolts that hold the hard top in place).

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A thief isn't going to be nice and take out your rear window and set it beside your Bronco, they're going to slash the top and take what they want. I never locked my convertible, ever, they could take whatever they wanted and it would be cheaper than replacing the soft top. Only practice is to not leave anything in the vehicle of value or that you're willing to lose.
You all are opening a cab of despair for all those who have never owned a soft top before. Probably never crossed minds that it's super easy to cut.??

Sponsored

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad they finally posted this video. Being able to prop the back of the top up to load the rear is a great feature, one of my biggest pet peeves with the jeep is how hard it is to load the back with the soft top on. The rest seems generally inline with what I would expect although the step 1 fold back seems to sit a bit high.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uhm, shouldn't those side panels only be removable from INSIDE the car? Anyone can come along, pop them out, steal all your shit, and your car too while they are at it, and not have to break anything.

Edit : I was hoping to live with the soft top for a year until the white modular comes out, but the fact anyone can walk up and just open the top is a joke.
It’s much faster to use a box cutter or even a pocket knife : )

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Having to use tools to fully remove the top is a bit of a PITA. And I wonder how long those clips will last with repeated use. That is a big potential fail point IMO.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually like the paint, it's area 51, right? I also like cactus gray but confused by the different versions I have seen on the web...
Yes, that’s Area 51.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you Jeep people store your windows now? Does the top come with bags to keep them from getting scratched up when off the vehicle?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So think about what you’re saying. The thief’s choice is pop off the window (or unzip it in the case of my Jeep) or slash it open with a knife (which they probably will do anyway).

The only physical security you have with a soft top is the two lockable compartments (glove box and center console storage) and the security tray shown on the overland concept. This mindset change goes for any convertible.

Depending on where you live, a year is doable. I lived the Spartan life in Northern Virginia/ DC for three years with no break in in a Miata. And 12 in the Raleigh Durham area with a Jeep - including a lot of times with no windows at all.

It all comes down to leaving nothing out in plain view.

(Edit) As an owner of two Jeeps, this is a nice top for several reasons:
1) the prop open feature on the tailgate bar (I have to unzip the window on both side, twist the bar out, and flip the window and bar up over the top)
2) no zippers, and not many slides (zippers are a PITA, especially as they get dusty and jamb up)
3) the driver side release to drop the top from sun rider position to fully down (I either need someone on each side or have to release one side then the other)

I think the clip down feature is cool too, but I’ve never had a problem with the top just laying down under it’s own weight.

Last edited:

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you Jeep people store your windows now? Does the top come with bags to keep them from getting scratched up when off the vehicle?
They sell aftermarket storage bags, does not come with the vehicle.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish I could do a soft top but car theft is an issue in metro Atlanta,,,,,,:cautious:
To be honest. It doesn’t make a difference. Cutting things with a knife takes time, unless you’re carrying around a really sharp knife. Much easier and quicker to just bust the glass with a rock, get what you came for and leave.
Sponsored