Sponsored

Rumor: Power Folding Soft Top for 2022 ?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did. The Bronco is going to evolve and improve every year. It's just the nature of it.

I wouldn't trust a dealer saying this more than you can trust a wet fart, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did. The Bronco is going to evolve and improve every year. It's just the nature of it.

I wouldn't trust a dealer saying this more than you can trust a wet fart, though.
Agreed!

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've got a few traditional convertibles with power soft tops. This would be slick but be careful what you wish for, those power top systems are complicated and EXPENSIVE to fix if something goes awry. Bronco I'd be more inclined to throw a couple latches and fold it back manually.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would expect somebody in the after market to offer this as an option, like they do for the Wrangler. It'll be expensive and who knows how reliable, but there's no reason for a power soft top to not exist eventually. Personally I'd never spend the $4k or so you can expect to pay though. More if you buy it from Ford directly. Plus probably a crazy delivery charge and installation fees if you're not handy with car electrics and get it later.

The sliding roof on the Wrangler is nice, but I don't like that the tracks/sides always stay in place, that would look especially odd on the Bronco with the frameless windows on the doors. But many that have it really like it, sure is easy to open/close. Just would not be for me.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Rumor: Power Folding Soft Top for 2022 ? 1617389884870

JK, would be cool. But, Ford can’t even produce a painted black or white top right now. I find it hard to believe they’ll be able to produce this by next year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rumor: Power Folding Soft Top for 2022 ? 1617389884870

JK, would be cool. But, Ford can’t even produce a painted black or white top right now. I find it hard to believe they’ll be able to produce this by next year.
Good point!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Where I used to work at, if you haven't heard a rumor by 9:00am, it was your duty to start one.😉

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I really like the sky top, but also hate how it's not really a full top. I want the whole thing to go down with the push of a button.....bc those random spring downpours can be brutal
Me too! It was def what I was going to get. Bc I didn't have the storage or strength to be messing with a hard top. Plus those windows popping out. It made a big open air experience!!

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sliding roof on the Wrangler is nice, but I don't like that the tracks/sides always stay in place, that would look especially odd on the Bronco with the frameless windows on the doors. But many that have it really like it, sure is easy to open/close. Just would not be for me.
This is why that solution would be a non starter for me as well. Buying an open air vehicle and then limiting its 'open airedness' (definitely a word) is counter intuitive to me.
I will take the inconvenience of latching\unlatching over artificially limiting a key feature.

Sponsored

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Me too! It was def what I was going to get. Bc I didn't have the storage or strength to be messing with a hard top. Plus those windows popping out. It made a big open air experience!!
Same! I have 0 storage options and live on the 3rd floor. 0 idea what I'm going to end up doing with this top situation still 😤

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Same! I have 0 storage options and live on the 3rd floor. 0 idea what I'm going to end up doing with this top situation still 😤
Mine will stay on and only the doors and front panels will come off for awhile. Which is perfect for me.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard it was actually a folding hardtop, that doubles as an electric griddle.

Reactions: abe
OP
OP
JCAntimatter

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)