Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right now I have it down to 6 options, all within $940 of each other MSRP.....
All hardtop 2.7, auto, tow packages with switches, bumper and rails if possible.
In order of my current preference, which changes approximately hourly:
1. Badlands - lux
2. Badlands - high squatched
3. Wildtrak - high, leather
4. OBX - lux, squatched
5. OBX - high, leather, squatched
6. Wildtrak - lux

So I am really starting to narrow it down now. LOL. By the time I order, I might be down to 4 options, and just wing it at the dealer's desk .
out of this list, i would say BL High Squatched is the best answer.
Sponsored

KCAPNate

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been back and forth between BB, 4 door, BD, 2 door, and to a lesser extent OBX 2 door. I'm not really all that sure I need the 4 door, my kids are almost grown and I'm leaning towards just using this for play on the weekends (that's what I keep telling myself). Anyways, I started out BB but after building it and the BD, the cost is basically the same, but the off road capabilities that come on the BD right out of the gate have pretty much won me over. I just wish I could get those signature lights. All I'm doing top the BD is adding the mid package and towing capability. I'll add 33's later and add roof racks and other aftermarket stuff along the way. Hopefully the mid package still includes auto transmission. I wouldn't mind manual, but my GF will be upset?

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 Dr Badlands, Lux + other stuff...

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's almost time to place our final orders on our Broncos. I keep going back and forth between the mid and lux package. Personally I don't need all the adaptive cruise control features and everything like that, but having a nice stereo is important to me. Having a heated steering wheel is also important to me living in Wyoming. Which package have you guys decided on and why?
I agree heated steering wheel and good stereo is a must. Thank good it doesn’t have that stop start bullshit control in the package. OBX and all the trimmings for me.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wildtrak. At least going with High Pkg. considering Lux Pkg. Need to see what the A-Plan price comes out to.

Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My only "complaint" on OBX is that I personally don't like the painted fenders - If they had a black plastic edge like the Wrangler does, I might feel differently about them (it helps "frame" them and not be too overwhelming color wise). I'm actually one of the few in the camp liking the Navy Pier interior, and that's made the OBX/Wildtrak choice tougher. I'm still likely going Wildtrak, but OBX has always been in the running for me - optioned out as I plan, it's roughly the same price as a Wildtrak and pretty much the same features (there were a few minor differences in Wildtrak's favor equipment/capability wise), but I prefer the black accents all around (I plan on waiting for the black top).
You can always change the fenders later.

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2DR, Manual, 2.3L, no upgraded packages, MIC top. Likely BB, maybe stretch to BD. "Need" list is switches, rear locker, tow. "Want" is sig lights and rails. "Be cool to have" is hvy bumpers and MGV. "Have to" is stay on budget (south of 40K).

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No more plastic dash for you either i see. ?
I know there are many threads on here discussing the BD vs Badlands dash.
Did we ever get a real answer on the difference? Maybe one of our good folks that works at the plant can give us the inside scoop!?
I feel like I've seen so much on this forum about this particular question I have no idea anymore. haha!

BroncoSYV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I flipped from Wildtrak to Badlands (2dr, Squatch, LUX, MGV)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep flip-flopping from Mid to High on a manual Badlands. I like all the extras on the High over the Mid but I don't know if it's worth the $1300 premium over the Mid in my eyes. The Lux package is a rip-off IMO. If all you want is the sound system, then slap some Focals in and call it a day.
Aren't focals really expensive ?
I'm passing on the FE, as much as I want "The Best of Everything" the more I thought about it, it just wasn't what I wanted.

So for me 4-Door, Badlands, Squatch, 2.7L, Lux.

It really came down to I could care less about carpet and really prefer the MGV and wash-out interior. With Carpet I would be paranoid of getting rained on and never take the top off, which ruins the whole thing for me. And since I want the dash power ports and a garage door opener, guess it is Lux for me.

And Area 51 has been approved by the Boss Lady!
I'd probably gladly take your FE. Do we know if there's a way we can "trade" with someone to get an FE?

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
None. Base For me.
1. Base Manual 2-Door with few options is the best deal by-far. It is clearly underpriced.
2. Since Broncos are modular, it will be easy to upgrade over time, everything from the grill, to the wheels, to the bumpers, to the suspension. Any and all of that can be modified over time.
3. I will save so much money v. your premium/lux/chewbacca package, that I will get to redo the kitchen AND buy a canoe to put on top of the Bronco AND maybe even one of those roof top overlanding tents.
4. I guarantee that my Base Bronco with the steelies and and old school canoe on top will get just as much attention at the lake/river as your Chewbacca package will get at Chick-FIl-A.

Ford Bronco What trim level have you decided on? Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 1.17.18 PM

Last edited:

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Base Manual 2-Door with few options is the best deal by-far. It is clearly underpriced.
2. Since Broncos are modular, it will be easy to upgrade over time, everything from the grill, to the wheels, to the bumpers, to the suspension. Any and all of that can be modified over time.
3. I will save so much money v. your premium/lux/chewbacca package, that I will get to redo the kitchen AND buy a canoe to put on top of the Bronco AND maybe even one of those roof top overloading tents.
I agree with this except the sasquatch package.
If you tried to add everything in the sasquatch package aftermarket I think it would be more expensive. But if you don't want all that stuff, or want something different, then base is a great deal. Base sasquatch is a good deal if you want what comes with the sasquatch.
Sponsored