North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You do recall back then that in practically every thread, people were pleading for B & P. Ford finally obliged and we quickly realized it was far from complete and even now, build prices say "estimated" at the end. Now, people are complaining B & P still has errors. That will really only matter come order time. Some are asking how they know if they can afford a Bronco. My thought is if $1k either way is the deciding factor, you're probably in over your head.
Your correct, let's hope the B&P Rockstars were not asked to work on the ordering systems website. Just because it is near identical information, what me worry!

51giLlUuNEL._SX376_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Show me a vehicle that Ford makes that offers both manual transmissions and auto transmissions with the automatic being being free.
Point taken
- still hard to understand the 4 Door Base price increase. Auto is not “ free” it’s all there is. Therefore, is it not “ standard” ?
Ford couldn’t have originally set the starting MSRP to reflect this and not raise the price exactly the cost of the 10sp auto?

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by ignorance.
People are far more stupid than they are evil.
And remember, 50% of the population has below average IQs.

Jak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My issue lies with the technical and descriptive problems with B&P.

Some IT issues are inevitable, but normally a team will double check it and do some mock builds before updating the website. There are some obvious mistakes on B&P which makes me wonder how thorough this checking process is.

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And remember, 50% of the population has below average IQs.
That's only true if nobody has the exact average IQ. However, if even one person out there has an average IQ, then it's less than 50% and this pointless post has been brought to you by the number blue.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While some of the 'bugs' are irritating I am not all that bothered by it . . . I - personally - have zero idea what must go into all of this so I refuse to be highly critical of Ford in general.

I have ordered my last two vehicles from Ford, a 2014 and 2017 Raptor, and had great luck. The dealership has always treated me, and my family, extremely well, and have been very forthcoming about this whole process as well.

The fact that this is even happening at the same time as COVID is going on also is a bit of a surprise (to me) . . . and I am patient.

As I stated in a different post, I have my 17 Raptor cranking along at 92k miles and we'll keep tacking them on until the day comes to trade it in . . . it was paid for a week before I reserved the Bronco so it's all (trade) equity at this point and I believe that the miles do not diminish the value of the Raptor as much as the extra money I am able to put away for the down payment . . . fortunately the Raptor is one of the best vehicles in terms of trade value.

It is easy to complain - and it is anyone's prerogative for sure - but I'll just keep building and as things change maybe my build will change.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the delays will somehow offer us a black leather (or at least different) interior choice for the Wildtrak . . . but either way I will look forward to the day I place the order and then take delivery with every expectation that I will enjoy the hell out of the 4 door Wildtrak . . . am quite pleased about the addition of the dual roof - which will include the rack and crossbars - so, really, the delay has at least created a bit of a gain (which did push me $1854.00 over my 60k limit - but what the hell, it amounts to @$50.00/month x 36 months . . . we will handle it!).
Thank you for calming my impatience ? .
I seem tobe a bit worked over and too involved with somewhat estimated B&P system. Knowing good and well nothing is gravity..
Until pen hits the paper.. all this energy has been put into the build we're hoping to order and receive. I'm truly working on Flexibility!!
The Big Picture! Getting this Damn cool Bronco!
I've been using this time wisely to clear out, making space, & sell parts in the garage. Making $$$ for more accessories!!?

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ding ding and neither does the 2.7. See that wasn’t so hard was it?
So you want an upgraded engine and an upgraded transmission, but you only want to pay for one of them. Not my fault you are all triggered.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep me not knowing the auto was free makes me an idiot. Not like every scenario I ran 100 times showed no additional cost for two months. I kept telling myself you're stupid. You dumb mother f******, no way it is free. Man are you stupid thinking every build you have done for over 8 weeks was wrong. I mean seriously if it wasn't free they would have changed it by now, right? No dude you're an idiot. It was a mistake and they follow this site knowing people asked but didnt change it because they only want to sell Broncos to the most smartest people. Those exceptionally smart people have to know we made a mistake and just because we let it go doesn't fool our most smartest and bestest Bronco buyers.
LOL.

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I was told that I would receive a 6% discount on accessories. So if it is no longer on the the accessory line item ? no 6%
On the B&P BL High package $2,790 is added to the MSRP!! No longer a rumor or an accessory...
To my knowledge I thought the Plans worked on accessory Discounts.

Here is my build on a Badlands msrp is increased. From $42,095

Ford Bronco Random Thoughts on B&P Screenshot_20201227-193900_Chrome

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Full transparency, I still have my reservation and am likely to follow through to order but would like to share.

Here is my issue/concern and thoughts with the whole B&P situation.

B&P opened on 10/23. Almost immediately it was noted and brought to Ford’s attention that there were some potential errors to it. Rather than immediately go in and correct it, those errors were allowed to stay. Then almost two months later it was changed to correct the errors.

Yes, we all should know auto transmission doesn’t come free. Yes we know the B&P is just a tool. But it goes deeper than that.

This wasn’t an innocent oversight by Ford. If it was, the changes would have been made immediately in October when it was brought to their attention. Or Ford would have announced “a revised B&P will be released on or around....”

Instead this change (finally) occurred just days before Christmas, a week and a half before New Years and a few mere weeks before orders are set to open.

Funny how Ford won’t let you save the configuration and instead says “print it out”. See, they didn’t want us going back in to the B&P. They wanted us to print it and then stare at it on paper. This way they can slip in the corrections without much fanfare. Hence the ironic timing of the “correction”.

This is a tactic to allow buyers to get into a buyers mindset where mentally you feel you need that Sasquatch package. Or need that higher model. Then when you go to place the actual order, the extra cost becomes insignificant because mentally you already can see yourself wheeling around on those 35s or in that upgraded model. The wrench in Ford’s plan was when it became noticible to so many customers on December 20th.

That and only that is why Ford came back with “we are working to correct it”. It’s not because it takes additional weeks to correct the B&P, it’s because the HQ is figuring out damage control on the outrage.
Yeah. That sounds like a bad plan. Hahahaha. I have a very tight budget. I was set on a BD mid pack and a trailer hitch. That brought me $300 under my top budget. With the auto tied in, that puts me over budget. it seemed too good to be true to have the auto tied in the price, but it cited in multiple publications that it was included.. So to stay in budget I need to now forego the mid package., which is Less than I have currently techwise. It’s making me rethink my decisions. I had already talked to my dealer who told me there was a lot of bait and switch on the Bronco Sport that lost them some sales, so I guess it was no big shock.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Don't sweat the small stuff"

WE know the folks who handled the reveal reservations were incompetent
The folks who first decided 'reservation order'...then 'allocations' - SAME
The team who decided not to have ANY heritage body colors - SAME
Whoever decided on the beachball interior colors - SAME
The large team implementing B&P - SAME
Folks who decided Webasto should make ALL the tops - SAME
Communications - well; you get the point

Isn't it naïve to assume the design engineers are all wizards?? I'm buying one; so I have fingers crossed.
Sponsored