Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Full transparency, I still have my reservation and am likely to follow through to order but would like to share.

Here is my issue/concern and thoughts with the whole B&P situation.

B&P opened on 10/23. Almost immediately it was noted and brought to Ford’s attention that there were some potential errors to it. Rather than immediately go in and correct it, those errors were allowed to stay. Then almost two months later it was changed to correct the errors.

Yes, we all should know auto transmission doesn’t come free. Yes we know the B&P is just a tool. But it goes deeper than that.

This wasn’t an innocent oversight by Ford. If it was, the changes would have been made immediately in October when it was brought to their attention. Or Ford would have announced “a revised B&P will be released on or around....”

Instead this change (finally) occurred just days before Christmas, a week and a half before New Years and a few mere weeks before orders are set to open.

Funny how Ford won’t let you save the configuration and instead says “print it out”. See, they didn’t want us going back in to the B&P. They wanted us to print it and then stare at it on paper. This way they can slip in the corrections without much fanfare. Hence the ironic timing of the “correction”.

This is a tactic to allow buyers to get into a buyers mindset where mentally you feel you need that Sasquatch package. Or need that higher model. Then when you go to place the actual order, the extra cost becomes insignificant because mentally you already can see yourself wheeling around on those 35s or in that upgraded model. The wrench in Ford’s plan was when it became noticible to so many customers on December 20th.

That and only that is why Ford came back with “we are working to correct it”. It’s not because it takes additional weeks to correct the B&P, it’s because the HQ is figuring out damage control on the outrage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While some of the 'bugs' are irritating I am not all that bothered by it . . . I - personally - have zero idea what must go into all of this so I refuse to be highly critical of Ford in general.

I have ordered my last two vehicles from Ford, a 2014 and 2017 Raptor, and had great luck. The dealership has always treated me, and my family, extremely well, and have been very forthcoming about this whole process as well.

The fact that this is even happening at the same time as COVID is going on also is a bit of a surprise (to me) . . . and I am patient.

As I stated in a different post, I have my 17 Raptor cranking along at 92k miles and we'll keep tacking them on until the day comes to trade it in . . . it was paid for a week before I reserved the Bronco so it's all (trade) equity at this point and I believe that the miles do not diminish the value of the Raptor as much as the extra money I am able to put away for the down payment . . . fortunately the Raptor is one of the best vehicles in terms of trade value.

It is easy to complain - and it is anyone's prerogative for sure - but I'll just keep building and as things change maybe my build will change.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the delays will somehow offer us a black leather (or at least different) interior choice for the Wildtrak . . . but either way I will look forward to the day I place the order and then take delivery with every expectation that I will enjoy the hell out of the 4 door Wildtrak . . . am quite pleased about the addition of the dual roof - which will include the rack and crossbars - so, really, the delay has at least created a bit of a gain (which did push me $1854.00 over my 60k limit - but what the hell, it amounts to @$50.00/month x 36 months . . . we will handle it!).

Last edited:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can’t even see a picture of what I am building. Pretty crappy still. I will order one but I guess it will still be a surprise.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Ford's attempt was to get me to move up a level or SQ. It did not work with me. I am going to move down a level (from 4 door BD to 4 door base) or a different vehicle. For my needs, it price vs value.

However, the B&P update did make the OBX more attractive.

Sponsored

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Full transparency, I still have my reservation and am likely to follow through to order but would like to share. Here is my issue/concern and thoughts with the whole B&P situation. B&P opened on 10/23. Almost immediately it was noted and brought to Ford’s attention that there were some potential errors to it. Rather than immediately go in and correct it, those errors were allowed to stay. Then almost two months later it was changed to correct the errors. Yes, we all should know auto transmission doesn’t come free. Yes we know the B&P is just a tool. But it goes deeper than that. This wasn’t an innocent oversight by Ford. If it was, the changes would have been made immediately in October when it was brought to their attention. Or Ford would have announced “a revised B&P will be released on or around....” Instead this change (finally) occurred just days before Christmas, a week and a half before New Years and a few mere weeks before orders are set to open. Funny how Ford won’t let you save the configuration and instead says “print it out”. See, they didn’t want us going back in to the B&P. They wanted us to print it and then stare at it on paper. This way they can slip in the corrections without much fanfare. Hence the ironic timing of the “correction”. This is a tactic to allow buyers to get into a buyers mindset where mentally you feel you need that Sasquatch package. Or need that higher model. Then when you go to place the actual order, the extra cost becomes insignificant because mentally you already can see yourself wheeling around on those 35s or in that upgraded model. The wrench in Ford’s plan was when it became noticeable to so many customers on December 20th. That and only that is why Ford came back with “we are working to correct it”. It’s not because it takes additional weeks to correct the B&P, it’s because the HQ is figuring out damage control on the outrage.
Correct! they already had plans to increase the pricing months prior. It is consumer manipulation at its best!
Stirring up the excitement pot only to delay 5 weeks for no reason, orders could have been taken to keep the ball rolling even with the vender delays. But instead postponed for price increases.
They couldn't help them selves, and can't seem to under promise and over deliver.. This would have been nice!
They also pushed the Mid High Lux Package costs into the MSRP on the pricing breakdown so it wouldn't be discounted with any Z, X, Y, Plans.

In the end they will have Bean Counted this to Death with another loss of at least 15% Reservations.

Last edited:

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In my opinion Ford has messed up almost every step of this roll out. The things that annoy me the most are Ford saying they would deliver Broncos per reservation time stamp then turning around and bringing in this allocation system to screw everyone over who shopped around for a better deal with smaller dealerships,and now they are jacking up prices right before the order banks open. I mean seriously they should be charging extra for the manual automatic were already developed and are standard in every other vehicle. What are they going to up charge for next? Power windows and automatic locks. Sorry guys we forgot to charge you for the blinker fluid. I am not looking to argue with the guys who think 1600 dollars is nothing. For someone like me 1600 dollars means a great deal.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Dwolen @linbackr99 good points but please use the line break / enter key to space out your sentences. One long run on paragraph is not readable and few will respond to a thread written like that.

Words

Mean more

When spread out
Sure thing.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

All my thoughts around build and price are four letter words that are inappropriate for this forum.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know what’s happening anymore. :) It’s all just a big flustercuck. These people at corporate Ford must spend at least half of their work hours during the shift playing Fortnite on the computer especially the ones in charge of the B&P website.

OP
OP
Dwolen

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know what’s happening anymore. :) It’s all just a big flustercuck. These people at corporate Ford must spend at least half of their work hours during the shift playing Fortnite on the computer especially the ones in charge of the B&P website.
Well if you follow the North American Communications Manager for Ford on social you know he just likes to drive the product around playing and not a lot of communicating. And when he does, says things like “hang tight” or “they’re working on it”