Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Avid reader of the forum and never heard confirmation until this Q&A. Sucks...been planning my build out for months
They’re saying it’s not a built in quick disconnecting mechanism on the rear seats. They’ll be bolted in somehow. Won’t be difficult to take out. Ford’s just not advertising it as a feature. Don’t sweat it.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
1. Esteban is done with Ford after this year. It looks like he is about to breakdown and cry. Ford put him as the face of all problems. Unfortunate, but true. He’s a young guy they placed as the mouthguard. He knows it and it couldn’t be more obvious.
If he doesn’t have gray hair yet, this position is going to give it to him. I feel bad for him. He got the job of a lifetime on a project from hell.

I fear he’s living in the garage at a friends house now, because his wife found out you can’t get the Mid package on Big Bend with a 7speed. ?

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’re saying it’s not a built in quick disconnecting mechanism on the rear seats. They’ll be bolted in somehow. Won’t be difficult to take out. Ford’s just not advertising it as a feature. Don’t sweat it.
Since I was young, my dad always told me if someone put it together then you can take it apart.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can only put up with so much BS, this has ben FUBAR from jump street. I thought they would get their act together by Jan and most things would be fixed, but it just keeps getting worse, and here I thought the Military was bad. I am NOT married to Ford, started out wanting the Sport Badlands/badlands for a overlanding rig to tow, but Ford screwed that by making it un-towable, so I moved up to the Big Bronco, and now Ford is stepping on their collective crank with this cluster. I start cross shopping tomorrow, as I was paying cash I don't need to wait and save money. I will decide on a replacement vehicle and put it on hold until I see if by some chance Ford gets it together by the end of the month. Not holding my breath.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know if y'all remember, but back when Coke changed their formula and introduced "New Coke" it was widely hailed as the biggest self-inflicted wound in corporate history. Pepsi gave all employees the next day off & declared victory.

This gotta be a close second. I'm sure this video will be on a loop in several Jeep break rooms. Ford just looks retarded...its not even fair to keep criticizing them.
Hey New Coke was Great when it had 70% Rum mixed with it ?

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I totally get it. Chicken or the egg ( and it was fun to say when you have carpet). SO mostly they just want us to pay for both...

Side note...I am totally on board with the bronco...I just have few tiny question as to what the actual F is going on
If I understood Esteban correctly, a lot of the people in the thread are saying the opposite. My understanding (which doesn't make any more sense, but at least let us quote their lie correctly) is that they were wanting to protect the seats from the doors, not the other way around. Their concern was that people placing the doors in the back could damage the vinyl so instead they put a more durable carpet (which is a troubling thought on its own).

Occam's Razor says they screwed up and it's too late to fix the oversight. The seats got designed with carpet backs because that's what goes on the backs of back row seats. It made it through the approval process and finalized. Then someone had an Oh Sh!t moment but it was too late.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can’t believe no mentioned that he said that the 2dr will NOT not have a rear seat delete WTF!

Seriously disappointing

Anyone know if it’s possible to do regardless if Ford says we can’t?
Welcome to summer 2020.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For a switch: Let’s count our blessings! Things like a rubberized floor and doors that can be removed without the mirrors, are all awesome.

There’sa Far-taller stack of great design / functionality / Easter Eggs compared to the bad/strange/weird stuff.

the Engineers and designers did an amazing job. I feel like someone should start a fresh thread about all of that great stuff that sis’s us at the beginning.

New Year - look on the bright side.

CHEERS TO THE ENGINEERS!!

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Someone in another thread shared a screen capture of a Facebook post where some person is saying they heard the tops are delayed because they leak and won’t stay on at speed.

(I’m serious)
Maybe they are getting them from Wish.com...

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Theres a few threads on it, I know because I participated in them.

The Bronco rear seats are “non-removable” the same way the Wrangler seats are “non-removable”.

8 Nuts and they’re out... and there’s a whole aftermarket industry devoted to what to do with all the space for activities you’re left with.

Don’t abandon your build just because you can’t click “No Seats” on your order.
Thanks for the responses!

I read those threads too...I’m addicted lol

Just didn’t realize the difference between a “factory delete” and DIY lol. Happy to hear it’s still doable.
Sponsored