First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I must say, I'm a 2dr. But 4dr being unable to tow; woof.

That's a low blow to the community they have fostered. That sounds like an Italian SUV move not a damn Bronco.
Super irritating. Fortunately it'll be pretty easy to remedy. Bigger problem will be parts availability to do so.
Sponsored

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I understood Esteban correctly, a lot of the people in the thread are saying the opposite. My understanding (which doesn't make any more sense, but at least let us quote their lie correctly) is that they were wanting to protect the seats from the doors, not the other way around. Their concern was that people placing the doors in the back could damage the vinyl so instead they put a more durable carpet (which is a troubling thought on its own).

Occam's Razor says they screwed up and it's too late to fix the oversight. The seats got designed with carpet backs because that's what goes on the backs of back row seats. It made it through the approval process and finalized. Then someone had an Oh Sh!t moment but it was too late.
But wasn't The Sport design completed first? Design teams had the idea floating around. This is not the end of the world for me but its something that just aggravates me.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I watched the entire video. I for one greatly appreciated it. I have the ability to comprehend things differently than most because I am a Portfolio Manager (essentially brand manager) myself and I can relate to exactly what’s going on here. For that reason I’m not at all alarmed or disappointed in what I saw.

Honestly I think what we are seeing is 2 dudes trying to do their jobs to the best of their abilities - honestly trying to get customers the info they want while supporting the business they’re working to run. Esteban especially has enough stakeholders to make his head spin - I get it. Also, I am thankful that the brand manager is stepping up to the plate and not sugar-coating anything. He really didn’t make up excuses or anything. Just stated the way it was, apologized, and moved on.

If you think they are just BSing you for the hell of it, you’re wrong. They’re trying to give you the best answers that their professional lives will allow. If you think you can do Esteban’s job better than he can, STFU and go do it. Stop talking about it.

I’m sorry if there’s a legitimate beef you have because of this or that option that you can’t have because Ford’s systems “suck”. Get over yourself. It is what it is. At the end of a day you’re signing yourself up to buy the FIRST year of a BRAND NEW vehicle - you can’t have everything and for sure there will be learning and growth along the way.

To the IDIOT who said that Esteban is a POSER for taping the video in his supposed shop or garage or whatever it is - STFU. You don’t know SHIT about these people. You don’t know what he does in this free time. I for one as a Portfolio Manager can run a welder, lathe, wrench or anything else for that matter circles around what most of y’all here can probably do. Put your stereotypes aside and appreciate the fact that there’s a guy working to try and improve your buying experience.

I will say - Esteban and interviewer - you gotta find a way to bring some life and energy to your presentation skills. It’s easy for people to rag on you nonstop when you look like you just rolled out of bed with a hangover. Smile for once - maybe even laugh a little.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you are going to open that second bottle of Tequila when you read this. Those four door Italian SUVs can tow a decent amount of weight.

Maserati Levante: 5952 Pounds
Alfa Romeo Stelvio: 3000 Pounds
That’d also the monthly maintenance bill.

Opossum

Black Diamond
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But wasn't The Sport design completed first? Design teams had the idea floating around. This is not the end of the world for me but its something that just aggravates me.
I agree with the frustration. The washout interior is one of my only *must have* features. All my decisions have been based between the BD and BL trims. It's not going to make me create an "I'm out" thread where I showoff my newly acquired '94 Tercel, but it's just the dumbest oversight.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can’t believe no mentioned that he said that the 2dr will NOT not have a rear seat delete WTF!

Seriously disappointing

Anyone know if it’s possible to do regardless if Ford says we can’t?
The best part is if you pull the rear seat yourself, add two cinder blocks and you have a pretty snazzy love seat for in front of the old black and white..

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For a switch: Let’s count our blessings! Things like a rubberized floor and doors that can be removed without the mirrors, are all awesome.

There’sa Far-taller stack of great design / functionality / Easter Eggs compared to the bad/strange/weird stuff.

the Engineers and designers did an amazing job. I feel like someone should start a fresh thread about all of that great stuff that sis’s us at the beginning.

New Year - look on the bright side.

CHEERS TO THE ENGINEERS!!
The ones that did not know how to design for GVWR or rubber back seats?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just because the 2.7 is in high demand doesn't mean nobody will get one. If you manage to have an early build, you may be OK. At some point, they will get more and another batch will get built.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Avid reader of the forum and never heard confirmation until this Q&A. Sucks...been planning my build out for months
Yeah! I feel you. I think the car campers in us were looking forward to just removing the seats for a flat surface to work with. Then it was confirmed a long time ago. Had to be one of the very first Q and As around the July time frame!

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't know if y'all remember, but back when Coke changed their formula and introduced "New Coke" it was widely hailed as the biggest self-inflicted wound in corporate history. Pepsi gave all employees the next day off & declared victory.

This gotta be a close second. I'm sure this video will be on a loop in several Jeep break rooms. Ford just looks retarded...its not even fair to keep criticizing them.
Thanks for reminding me about New Coke! I know that I am partly to blame for that.????

One of the places Coke was doing their blind taste tests was Six Flags over Georgia, and we went there a LOT! But Coke failed to consider that when it's 94 degrees outside and 97% humidity, you just might be picking the sweeter-tasting cola because you're dying of thirst. There were always three cups and they never said what they were or which you picked as your favorite. All we cared about was getting 3 free cups of cola for taking part in their test.

You are right, this is like New Coke. New Coke probably was a good-tasting soda, but most people who like Coke and are loyal to Coke don't like sweet soda.

(For the record, in my family we are all diehard Mexican Coke fans, like how Coke tasted when I was a kid. And I absolutely cannot stand Pepsi, although a waiter once convinced me to try Cherry Pepsi and it was much more tolerable that normal Pepsi.)

Ford has this fabulous product they are rolling out and a gigantic, loyal fan base, but somebody is totally trying to win the award for "catastrophic iconic product decisions". I think we could start calling it the "New Coke Award."

Ladies and Gentlemen, the 2020 New Coke Award for catastrophic iconic product decisions goes to...

Ford Motor Company.???

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be a little slow here, but if the B&P accessories ect come out in March, how do we B&P for the orders in January?

I feel like I'm missing something major here.
You have until your order is pulled to make changes and it’s open until end of March I think. So the update comes in March and you can update through at least April.