Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear ya. When I go to hunt camp every November in Highland County, Virginia we have to drive 5 miles into town (Mcdowell) and park in the firehouse parking lot just to get a signal!
....just to calibrate, how often have you had to pull out the owners manual of your vehicle while at camp during your years of going to the hunting camp? An owners manual is a very rarely used thing after the initial month or so...probably never used by a majority of owners after that period. Ford knows this.
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
....just to calibrate, how often have you had to pull out the owners manual of your vehicle while at camp during your years of going to the hunting camp? An owners manual is a very rarely used thing after the initial month or so...probably never used by a majority of owners after that period. Ford knows this.
A couple times.
Once when an IWE was making a noise on a very cold morning and another to find out at what speed the rear locker would cut out. Those are just 2 I remember.
Maybe I didn't HAVE to have it but at least I had that option.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The ignorance of the realities of life in rural America by those nice folks on the coasts continues. I have a flip phone, only because those nice folks on the east coast decided it was not profitable to maintain the hard wired lines coming up the mountain for the 6 houses up here in Appalachia. Not sure I can download a PDF into it, let alone be able to read it.

EDIT: this post is brought to you via satellite internet for which I am paying an exorbitant price for...
When we have been forced to teach online, there are a good chunk of students who can't "attend" class when the weather is horrible because the satellite internet in there rural area cuts out.

I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or cry when I got a bunch of emails one day from students needing to know what they had missed the day before because it was snowing and their internet wouldn't work.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever pulled your manual when off road? I don’t think I have...don’t remember seeing anyone else do it. You use your manual a lot off road? In fact, how often do you pull the manual at all? Not really a concern after all, is it? Just something to bitch about.
I read my manuals, unlike some people. But usually over the first 2 days of ownership. I rather read it in my house will sitting on my couch and not in the car or in front of my computer. I like to make notes and fold down pages. Call me old fashioned. But that is what I want. You can complain about not having a manual transmission on time, hardtop, etc. but my wish is to have a simple 2 dollar manual. I bitched the same amount to Jeep and will do the same for any other vehicle i purchase. This is really a nickel and dime thing to me so not sure what Ford is gaining here.

Let me add one other point. I already went down this road with my 2019 Jeep GC. I used the cars entertainment system to read at first on the first day of purchase. Not very easy and not the same at all. Plus I bought the car in January and it wasn't much fun having to run the engine for two hours to stay warm to read just part of the manual that explains the bear necessities. I then spent time looking and downloading the 4 to 5 manuals on Jeep's site. I put them on my computer and on my phone. I can promise you its a hassle and not the same (for me) having a real live book. If you guys have not tried this yet then let me know how you feel after you go thru the above. My Jeep is loaded with every feature (Trailhawk) and I still haven't mastered it because everytime something new I need to figure out, I can't quickly reference the manual in the dash (or ask my wife to do it since I am usually the driver). I use Waze on my phone so no I am not going to ask her to look it up on my phone while driving. The entertainment system locks out the ability to read while driving. It's very irritating since I normally learn every "quirk and feature" as Doug Dumoro puts it in my cars. But the electronic manual route puts a real dent on quick referencing (which most of us learn by repetition and not first time reading). Feel free to post your different experience after the purchase.

Now I just saw where another poster indicated you can get one if you request it. I hope that's the case and this is a non issue. If so, then I think Ford is going the right path. They get the best of both worlds.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live as rural as it gets here, and feel you, sorta. I think where your loosing the city folk on this argument is if you can post on Bronco6G you can download an owners manual to save for future needs lol.
Exactly. Losing the city folk but also the mid to upper class.

Scenario A
1.) Posting on internet easily done on cell phone.
2.) Cell phone is not expensive enough to have enough memory to download a movie, let alone an owners manual.

Scenario B
1.) Internet brousing and posting are done on the desktop in the livingroom.
2.) Livingroom computer will not be with me when I'm camping in my Bronco.

I personally want both. And since I've been force to teach online off and on since last March, I am getting very aware of all sorts of technogy limitations that some people have.

So if you don't need a paper copy and don't mind downloading your owner's manual for back up onto your iPhone and iPad that's cool. But please don't underestimate that a lot of people still want a paper copy and some people may actually need one.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But please don't underestimate that a lot of people still want a paper copy
Some corporations are just wanting to be like the "cool kids" tech companies who shun paper like the plague. I worked for a company (10 years ago) who did business with Intel; they wouldn't accept Anything on paper - from a business card, to invoices, to manuals.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One big issue I see thanks to this thread is Ford created a Bronco like this:

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609523213386

And lots of you want a Bronco that does this:

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609523459978

All kidding aside, there is a clear conflict between the resurrection of the first generation Bronco and the SUV nation the US has become.

Thankfully, I am in a place where I am buying the 2021 Bronco for the first gen call back. Good luck to all trying to combine the first gen sentimentality with the Clark Griswold lifestyle.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609523688252

Casual Pork

Black Diamond
First Name
Cardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Best thing on the sport I saw in person.

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager 1609523688252
If Ford is unable to swap the Bronco rear seat carpet with a rubberized backing in the next couple of months, hoping some Buckaroo entrepreneur will come up with an aftermarket solution.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford knows this? Are they following people around? Are they shamans? If they know so much, why did they anticipate supply issues and production delays? :unsure: :LOL:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One big issue I see thanks to this thread is Ford created a Bronco like this:

And lots of you want a Bronco that does this:

All kidding aside, there is a clear conflict between the resurrection of the first generation Bronco and the SUV nation the US has become.

Thankfully, I am in a place where I am buying the 2021 Bronco for the first gen call back. Good luck to all trying to combine the first gen sentimentality with the Clark Griswold lifestyle.
I have an EB and I don't understand what you mean. Are you suggesting EBs weren't intended as family vehicles, or to take camping, boating, etc.?

Ford Bronco Build & Price Update from Ford – Q&A with Bronco Brand Manager Screenshot_20210101-130825_Chrome

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
MSRP is so close?
Here is my spin on the MSRP- Some are close when you start matching drivetrains. Ford needs to keep the baselines Trim prices different. I get that the trims offer different features but how much would Ford add to the cost of BD & BL to rubberize and drain plug the the seat back and cargo areas? $500 - $600-more ?

At the SEMA event the Bronco Global manager bragged about hosing down the interior. This area looks complex to drain out. By not doing this area Ford is saving money and headaches while keeping the Trim level price spreads.
Sponsored