Sponsored

Badlands Manual - Standard, Mid, or High Package?

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, MT, lux. Just gotta have that universal garage door opener!

I did the math in my head of what I wanted/needed vs budget and the lux package worked for me. That's all you can do.
Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe the 12" screen is a detriment to attentive driving, and all of the "aids" to enable/encourage/promote drivers to be less attentive are the opposite of what roadways need.
You shouldn't blame the hardware for the actions of stupid people.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The cameras included in the high package are going to be much more useful than a lot of people realize, if you're going to be wheeling it.
This is what keeps bringing me back to the High Package at a minimum. I want to wheel all by myself sometimes; not in an extreme fashion, but in places where those cameras will help save my lazy ass.

Having driven a few Taxpayer vehicles (Teslas), I believe the 12" screen is a detriment to attentive driving, and all of the "aids" to enable/encourage/promote drivers to be less attentive are the opposite of what roadways need.
I re-tasted my lunch laughing at the line in bold.

I'm hoping that it isn't a distraction for daily driving and that Ford's Flannel Five pushes for a dark mode.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I tried to blame the micro bikini on the girl who was letting her secondary sex characteristics all hang out at the beach, but my wife blamed the stupid person who looked for what was apparently longer than she was willing to tolerate.

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands - 2.3L Manual - High

I got the High because I loved the 12" screen and the 360 deg camera. I didn't go with the Lux because better speakers, extra ports and built in nav are low priority for me. Only thing I liked on the lux was the heated steering wheel.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard Package BadSquatch for me. All possible capability from the factory at the lowest price point.

If you could a la carte a sound system and screen like you can on the Wrangler I would, but not paying $5000 to get a screen and sound system given that I don’t care about much else.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badlands standard. I really don't need anything from the upper packages. Plus I have to stay under budget.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotta be the Lux w/o squatch. Lux for sound only. Music is a must and I drive a lot. Prayin that lift in the ordering guide is worth my time...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is currently no IQ test required to obtain a drivers license in this country, therefore a person's intelligence cannot be taken into consideration. From what I can tell the testing requirements to have a license in America are:

1. Have a pulse (observation only, there is no test administered for this)
  2. Have eyes that may or may not work (this is tested, and you can still pass if legally blind).
You don't even need to be able to read the language that street signs are in to obtain a license here. You will be provided a test in any language you can read, and edit the signs to that language even though those signs are not in use. What could possibly go wrong? Remember, your license limits you to only being able to drive up to a 26' long vehicle with a GVRW of 26,000 lbs. Go forth and do good in the world!

Humans have a clear and consistent history of over-reliance upon technology to supplant practical wisdom.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Humans have a clear and consistent history of over-reliance upon technology to supplant practical wisdom.
Absolutely agree here.

BUT, the person driving the car in the lane next to you is still going to be: looking at their cell phone, singing at the top of their lungs with their eyes closed, yelling at their kids/pets, putting on makeup, or digging into their McD's whether the nanny system exists or not.

I hate dealing with them, but if they stop the other guy on the road from drifting into me because he dropped a french fry, I'm happy they're there.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands MT and High package with optional wheels. Heated steering wheel and garage door opener would have been nice, but I didn't want the nanny stuff.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Badlands MT and High package with optional wheels. Heated steering wheel and garage door opener would have been nice, but I didn't want the nanny stuff.
You've got most of the nanny systems with the High package. The only thing you add with Lux is the adaptive cruise control, arguably the most useful of any of the nanny systems.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL 2.3 7spd mid. Heated seats and the one touch unlock has spoiled me on other cars.

srotier

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 2 Door; 2017 Dodge Durango GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a chance you could get the visor with the garage opener after your purchase and install it yourself? Seems silly that what looks like a very inexpensive part isn't included.

Think about this. Ford has to have 3 visors in stock to put on Broncos. One without a lighted mirror, one with a lighted mirror and one with a lighted mirror and a garage door opener.

Seems to me a production line would work more efficiently if you cut out the lighted mirror without the opener. But I'm not a production manager or anything close to that.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went Lux package... Not because I wanted to. Really my only desires were heated seats, (Wyoming cold) remote start, and the B&O stereo.... I have to have good sounding jams. My F-350 has the B&O and it sounds great. My Edge is a commuter and doesn't have the B&O and I basically get sad trying to rock out. Lux package it is. Sad that a stereo made my $5k decision.
Sponsored