Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hope they keep the doors shut at the plant, you know with the way this is going the locust swarm is on the way.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I also heard the building manufacturing specifically the 2.7L engine caught fire. Time to cancel those orders boys and girls.
Oh my, hush your mouth child. Don't even kid about that. I would like to get my Bronco before the DMV takes my license for being to old to drive. :)

yeet

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used to work at Dearborn Stamping. All press lines have backup cranes. If the one on fire was damaged, it was moved out of the way and the plant is running the backup. Settle down everybody

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better be "historical:". It is certainly a hot topic here.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to work at Dearborn Stamping. All press lines have backup cranes. If the one on fire was damaged, it was moved out of the way and the plant is running the backup. Settle down everybody
With months or years before anyone sees their Bronco it's just best to either get use to the mindless banter or just come back to the forum after you get your Bronco. To gloat, of course.

Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I pulled it. And you're right, I'd hate to get him in trouble he's been there for over 20 years.
Well you just narrowed down the whistle blower. "Bob" can you come into my office a sec"?
"Thanks, Bronco6G", signed "Bob".

Deleted member 3063

Was an electrician in a automotive stamping plant for a while, hated it, couldn't wait to get back in assembly. One fine day a loading robot puked a arm and the die ate it. Blew out the whole side of the die, a 4dr side panel die. It was on a truck in less than a hour and back to the plant in less than 48hrs. Dies are way more complicated to repair than a crane.
Some here think Ford just started making trucks lol. Down time at a truck assembly plant is measured in thousands of dollars per minute. $7,000 at my plant, ten years ago. Crane fire, a blip on the radar.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess, they have more than one. No Company would operate without back-up equipment and risk million$ in lost sales due to failure of one piece of equipment.
You would think so and that's usually the case, but there is always the exception. Once, I was in a Chrysler facility dealing with a quality issue. While we were working, the entire facility shutdown because of one single broken robot. When we talked to our contact, he informed us that it was the only robot in the entire factory that couldn't be worked around. Took them 12 hrs to replace the robot and restart production.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You would think so and that's usually the case, but there is always the exception. Once, I was in a Chrysler facility dealing with a quality issue. While we were working, the entire facility shutdown because of one single broken robot. When we talked to our contact, he informed us that it was the only robot in the entire factory that couldn't be worked around. Took them 12 hrs to replace the robot and restart production.
Someone needed to tell that robot "Do your job".

First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my thought. I have a friend who works in the machine repair shop at a manufacturing business and everyday he posts about something breaking, catching on fire, eating itself, etc.

And every day he follows up with what it took to get them back up and running.

A problem that I would assume is terminal, is an hour job with some electrical work and some time on a lathe for him.
“Eating itself” such a great description

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh my, hush your mouth child. Don't even kid about that. I would like to get my Bronco before the DMV takes my license for being to old to drive. :)
Mine expires in like 40 years.

texmln

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I pulled it. And you're right, I'd hate to get him in trouble he's been there for over 20 years.
Well, at least we're narrowing it down for them. Only men with 20 years in we need to look at now.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interesting, that with 190,000 people (Reservation holders) watching, they would not make a statement on the matter? Possibly the PR guy is stuck in the snow somewhere.
Sponsored