Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? IMG_8820

Sponsored

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully it'll help that Sports have started hitting the road. I was completely CG until I saw it in person two months ago on a ranger and didn't love it, but saw an A51 on the sport and knew that's what i wanted

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
At the end of the day go with what you like best. Who tf cares if something is "masculine" or "feminine?"

The problem with the colors is that whoever designed these interiors is clearly colorblind... it's the red Wildtrak for me... sandstone interior with blue trim? The little details are my WTF moments. I love the car but have been so disappointed in the lack of style on the inside... not necessarily the outside...sandstone has got to be the ugliest color I've ever seen...

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
Well, 1) they don't expect to have to do this because they "saw" the color on the video and the website, and 2) it's more difficult to find Bronco Sports or Rangers sitting on dealer lots in some of these colors than one might think.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People just need to go look. Its easy. The Ranger in the attached photo is Race Red. Our Bronco is ordered in that color. The Velocity Blue one in the background is the color of my Tremor. We didn't even need to step foot on the lot to see them. If people are unhappy with the color, it's their own fault.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20210224_145958

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Probably the same number of people that aren't even sure of the amount they will be paying, $40k, $50k, or $60k. Talk about your WTF moment!

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think its a light gray , take her a ford dealer maybe you can find something in all the same Bronco colors she can see.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hopefully it'll help that Sports have started hitting the road. I was completely CG until I saw it in person two months ago on a ranger and didn't love it, but saw an A51 on the sport and knew that's what i wanted
I was Team Cactus Gray based on the launch videos/photos, then when I found it really was more "just gray" than I expected I tried to convert to Team Area 51, only to be denied by my "I Liked the Gray One" wife as well as the neighbor one street over who is ordering Area 51 because her husband doesn't want "girly" Cactus Gray.

(Personally I'd go Cyber Orange or Race Red if my world revolved around me, but...)

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cactus will be the big one. The rest aren’t so far off. Also depends on what lighting and background the paint is reflecting too haha

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is what my wife expects Cactus Gray to look like, which is what I expected (and hoped) it to look like from the marketing materials. But I think most of us can agree this is not really what it looks like, at least not through most human eyeballs. Or maybe we can't even agree on that.

Ford Bronco How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect? 20210224_145958
I'd suggest taking the wife to a ford dealership and checking out the color in person if you can. I was able to see it on a ranger indoors and on a Bronco sport outdoors. I loved the way it looked in both. but it's definitely a color that will look different on any given day. for me, in the sun, there's a hint of green and when it's indoors, it's flat grey with not a hint of green at all.

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At the end of the day go with what you like best. Who tf cares if something is "masculine" or "feminine?"

The problem with the colors is that whoever designed these interiors is clearly colorblind... it's the red Wildtrak for me... sandstone interior with blue trim? The little details are my WTF moments. I love the car but have been so disappointed in the lack of style on the inside... not necessarily the outside...sandstone has got to be the ugliest color I've ever seen...
Yea the yellow seat stitching and accents on my area 51 badlands is going to annoy the crap out of me. For the love of God why couldn't it be a neutral color like grey or matched to the exterior color so dumb.
Sponsored