Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went down to the local Ford dealer and was able to see Bronco Sports in Cactus Gray, Area 51, Velocity Blue and the metallic blue that is almost black. Dammit, getting old means CRS rears its ugly head. Cactus Gray is mostly gray but it does have a green cast to it. Very subtle. Definitely not like the pictures on the first page of this thread. Most of the Bronco colors are ones you need to see in the flesh to really decide if they are the one for you.
How did the Antimatter Blue look? Was the blue brighter in person?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, I'm sticking with CO for my 4door, looks perfect to me. Love the candy apple red too, but I had a red car before, the other colors are not for me. Interesting colors, but anything grey is not for me, I've had a white and a black car (never again on either, both always looked dirty) and blue doesn't work for me on a car. Luckily we have choices :)

I'll be driving my cool bus yellow :-D

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have yet to see any Ford in Cactus Grey. It is so hard to tell what it looks like on the internet as I migh want to change my order from Area 51 to it.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How did the Antimatter Blue look? Was the blue brighter in person?
The truck was mostly in the shade of the building. A tiny corner of the hood was in the sun. In the shade it is black and boring. In the weak sun it was dark with a bit of metallic sparkle. Did not float my boat.
Velocity blue with a white top would be AWESOME. with dark gray, less so.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was Team Cactus Gray based on the launch videos/photos, then when I found it really was more "just gray" than I expected I tried to convert to Team Area 51, only to be denied by my "I Liked the Gray One" wife as well as the neighbor one street over who is ordering Area 51 because her husband doesn't want "girly" Cactus Gray.

(Personally I'd go Cyber Orange or Race Red if my world revolved around me, but...)
If you order Cyber Orange they actually give you Minion Yellow instead...SURPRISE!
Sponsored