Sponsored

How many "Unhappy Color Surprises" can Ford dealers expect?

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably the same number of people that aren't even sure of the amount they will be paying, $40k, $50k, or $60k. Talk about your WTF moment!
I can't believe how many posts have come up this week saying 'I sat on my ass did nothing for the last 8 months and now the dealer is trying to screw me!!! What do I do?'
How about take some initiative and not wait until the last fucking second.
Sponsored

jroudebu

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So...I'm starting to realize that some (many? most?) people who have ordered Broncos (not people who frequent this forum, obviously) have no idea what the colors they've chosen really look like and have some misconceptions based on Ford's bad renders on the B&P tool (that have changed over time), or the launch video, or other highly-stylized photos they've seen in emails or on the web. My neighbor's husband vetoed Cactus Gray because it's too "feminine" yet approved Area 51 :unsure: (he of course has seen neither color IRL). My wife wanted Cactus Gray based on what she saw in that epic launch video, so that's what I ordered. Now she sees the render of it and says "That's not the color I liked." So I showed her pics of Area 51 and she says "That's not it either." Geez, even those of us who have practically lived on this forum for 6+ months can't decide if Cactus Gray is green, blue, or just gray, if Cyber Orange is orange or yellow, or if Anti-Matter Blue is even blue at all. :oops:

I'm wondering how many buyers are going to arrive at the local dealership to pick up their brand-new $40k/50k/60k vehicle only to enjoy the biggest WTF Moment of their lives.
Thank god for this site or I would’ve never seen the actual OBX Roast leather interior clashing with the Bronze Metallic Dash that looks nothing like the depiction on B&P on Ford.com..... Had to go all Black Badlands after that

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was openly vilified in the Cactus Gray thread for mentioning that two customers had reserved a Cactus Gray Bronco Sport, sight unseen, at the local dealership. Both customers were so displeased with the color in person that they withdrew their offers and ended up with Bronco Sports in silver and black.

Now, there is an update to that story (not the part where people on here were pissed at me for posting the story, that continues), but in talking to my friend who works there, they have now had FOUR customers put down a reservation on that vehicle sight-unseen, and walk once they get in front of it.....

They have taken in 14 Bronco Sports and they average 1.5 weeks on the lot. An Area 51 Badlands Sport has been on the lot for 2 months and hasn't had a serious customer since it showed up (tons of people have come to see the color in person). The Cactus Gray Sport is now at 2 weeks and has lost 4 "guaranteed sales" because of the color.....

Personal verdict: This means to me that Cactus Gray is a bit like the Jeep Gladiator. Those who love it and are excited about it will buy it in the first 2 years. After the initial rush they are going to become "lot cockroaches" and won't sell without discounts. This means dealerships won't floorplan the color and it's essentially special order only due to lack of interest.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yea the yellow seat stitching and accents on my area 51 badlands is going to annoy the crap out of me. For the love of God why couldn't it be a neutral color like grey or matched to the exterior color so dumb.
The stitching on Badlands is red.

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How many of those come in Cactus Gray, Area 51 or Cyber Orange? And how many of those can actually be found on a dealer lot? Most dealerships are probably like mine, and 90% of their inventory is black/white/silver. Because that's what people buy these days.
When I was seeking to see the Cyber Orange (or even A51) I just used the Ford website to do a color search of local inventory in Sports, Mach-E and Ranger. For those colors it is easy to narrow down because they are on limited models.

For the other colors, it is easy to do a search on your local Ford dealer website to see if they have Blues (for AMB stock) or grays (for Cactus) in whatever vehicle. Write down who has what, and go for a ride in the kind of light (or multiple rides for different lighting) and see with your own eyes and take pics to compare to your screen.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little research goes a long way. Not that hard to ask questions or search the internet.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, I thought it was orange. That was bad enough, but if I wrap mine green then I'll be driving the Christmas-mobile....

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too many of Fords bronco colors are on other ford vehicles. There is no reason not to seek them out to get a good idea of the color your bronco will be..
Cyber was my 1st choice until I seen it in a ranger, wasn’t happy with it, my order is cactus grey WT after seeing it in the sport and ranger I fell in love with it...

there really is no reason to be suprised by the color of the bronco, it’s all over every ford dealership in the country..

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
We drove around to five different Ford dealers one Sunday before we found a CG anything (all said they had CG Bronco Sports in stock) That is all the dealers in Omaha plus one in Blair and one south of Omaha. They were all closed of course.

The last dealer had one low and behold it was locked in their dark showroom...

50990209153_229ff40f60_c.jpg

50990209168_b0f888fda7_c.jpg

So we tried. She still likes it so far yet.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The stitching on the Badlands is Active Orange like the new Tremor. Pretty close to Cyber Orange but less yellow. I don't get the hate for the color. Colored stitching is nothing new. Usually a red or blue tho if it's not a neutral. But I dig the orange personally.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If people can't figure out how to drive down to their local dealer and have a look at another vehicle painted in that colour then they deserve the surprise and have no right to be mad.
If Ford can’t figure out how to accurately represent t options they should cancel the bronco.

watching the cars that made America on the history channel.

fords always been a twat.
Sponsored