Sponsored

First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51!

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a unibody like the 63 F100's !

Isnt this thing front wheel drive ?

I can see a market .....one that I'm not a member of
Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest though, isn't this 90% of the truck market? A jacked up 4 door sedan with a truck bed (covered) that never gets used, except for the occasional trips to Bed Bath and Beyond and date night at the Olive Garden. The modern day pick up truck is so bougie, you need a Ford Transit (similar) for actual work. Hell, the beds are so tall most people can't functionally use them anyway.
You're not wrong, but damn those bread sticks. gimme dem carrrrrrrbs.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Reminds me of the little Ford Courier pickup that I owned back in high school in the early 80’s — “The new economy import” — but with an extended cab and modern touches.

2D0AAE78-1409-4BB5-88B2-2A2BDEBE4C6D.jpeg

That was the first vehicle I ever owned, so the budget price was perfect for my needs at the time, hauling several whitetail deer in the back during deer season.
lmao, someone needed to talk to Ford marketing back then. That poor driver looks 10000% dead inside.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lmao, someone needed to talk to Ford marketing back then. That poor driver looks 10000% dead inside.
It was a different time, when fuel economy was much more important. Oil prices rose to over $60 per barrel in the early 80s, when the US was still highly dependent on imported oil...

Ford Bronco First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51! 084AA1D2-1EC8-48D6-A3A3-0D3F2B5DB412

Before Ford introduced the Ranger as its own model, the Courier was the company’s small truck and it offered the best MPG in the segment.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/throwback-thursday-ranger-ford-courtier-mpg-leader/

And this is how Ford marketed it on TV...

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Teal implies there's green in there. I find it to be more "gender reveal party" blue. A little too much baby blue for my tastes. Which is why I will be emailing my dealer tonight to switch off from a51
There is too much green by my eyes 🤣. It’s funny how we all perceive it differently

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

who buys this instead of a ranger? guess i don’t see the market for this vehicle.

i am sure Ford has done enough research to support building it but i don’t get it.
I'm right there with you. If you have an F-150 or Ranger as an option I just do not see where this fits in. It's also uglier than both the others in my opinion. Hmmm... ok then.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe someone has said this already, I don't really feel like reading through the comments, but I have 1 question... why?

Seriously... why?

Why does this thing exist?

We've already gotten rid of the Ranger once because nobody cares about small trucks.

Once upon a time, the Ranchero and El Camino did fairly well, but that time has long past. "Utes" do well in Australia but that's an entirely different market. Why is this a thing?

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed why even waste the resources to make this ugly thing. What market gap is it destined to fill that the Ranger or a base F150 can't already cover?

Sponsored

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It’s Ford’s answer to upcoming Hyundai-Kia Santa Cruz and all-new Ridgeline. There’s market for these.
Ford Bronco First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51! CB2EE1F3-670C-4CA8-A651-E0E14F7E20BE
Ford Bronco First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51! C812303A-91B3-4BF4-87EA-B172D86DF00A
Ford Bronco First full uncovered look at Maverick Pickup --- in Area 51! AC72E5A1-F61C-42B2-8B88-A64EEB692251

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford is devaluing the Bronco brand faster than a sandcastle in a thunderstorm. If Ford decided to make toilet bowl cleaning brushes, they'd be called Bronco Brushes.

Notice Ford isn't devaluing the brand credibility of the F-Series name. They're pimping the Bronco name every bit as badly as Chevy did with Blazer

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm right there with you. If you have an F-150 or Ranger as an option I just do not see where this fits in. It's also uglier than both the others in my opinion. Hmmm... ok then.
Ford must have gotten tired of listening to people whine that the Ranger is too big and why can't we have a truck the size Ranger used to be?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford is devaluing the Bronco brand faster than a sandcastle in a thunderstorm. If Ford decided to make toilet bowl cleaning brushes, they'd be called Bronco Brushes.

Notice Ford isn't devaluing the brand credibility of the F-Series name. They're pimping the Bronco name every bit as badly as Chevy did with Blazer
How is the Maverick devaluing the Bronco brand? 🤔

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe someone has said this already, I don't really feel like reading through the comments, but I have 1 question... why?

Seriously... why?

Why does this thing exist?

We've already gotten rid of the Ranger once because nobody cares about small trucks.

Once upon a time, the Ranchero and El Camino did fairly well, but that time has long past. "Utes" do well in Australia but that's an entirely different market. Why is this a thing?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...ow-compact-pickup-mounts-comeback/3505905002/
Sponsored