Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeeps attempt to counter the Ford Bronco. Also the forum got another shoutout from TFL.

I think FCA needs to fix their frontal crash test rating before the add more horsepower to the wheels... not to mention the gritty ride on the highway with the SFA. Bigger doesn’t always mean better especially if you can’t keep the occupants safe.

The Bronco will outrace a Jeep no matter what engine it has because the Bronco will be easier to control at higher speeds.
Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think my 96 has a more permanent pin maybe dont remember. But anything Im doing with the seat out, I also want that spriing and bracket gone too.
Man those seats were like trying to move an old couch out of a top floor apartment and heavy as a dead body.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took the next four days off from work just to participate as much as I can. I love this stuff and couldn’t be more hyped!

I got your six @Nickp

Also, interesting to note. There is also an @Nickp2 which was weird to see.
I got locked out of my account with some sort of error a while back, that is actually me
Lmfao how did you get this picture of me??

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just caught up on all 17 pages and no extra insider info on the doors or roof panels :cry:
There was a rumor way back about the doors being stowable in the cargo area and I want to know SO BADLY if it will be true. Doesn't seem that impossible if they are window frameless.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just caught up on all 17 pages and no extra insider info on the doors or roof panels :cry:
There was a rumor way back about the doors being stowable in the cargo area and I want to know SO BADLY if it will be true. Doesn't seem that impossible if they are window frameless.
We’re almost to the finish line.

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 1594491378503

OBXdreamin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not a rumor, there were actual patents were there not? An frameless windows would be a requirement for that to work so all evidence is pointing to that being a def possibility

edit: here we go ??
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In CA912503-ABA5-46CD-8DEC-599D20BDF170

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha! Honestly my small snippets of inside info has come from outside this forum, buy people a drink or two or just be nice and you’ll be surprised what they might hint at ;)

Also, things change. I know I was pretty adamant that there wouldn’t be a base model bronco. I was told that almost 2 years ago, I think things may have just changed. Never know, and while I have hinted at a few things and had some things hinted to me I know I am in for a lot of surprises on Monday!
I looked at the Explorer build and price a while back and there was a Base listed but it said "Fleet only", now trims in the Explorer B&P start with XLT, hopefully a Base Bronco will be available retail.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So... Is this the modular hard top (body coloured) or dual top? Or is this what it would look like regardless of the top when it's removed?
Curious as to the body lines across the top of the windshield? Not one piece? You'd see this kinda build on a normal, non removable hard top where the side section is welded to the roof, but why here?
And the circled area... What is going on here?
The black bar looks in front of and below the coloured bars? I hope this isn't the tubular door... If it's not, would make it real easy to crack your head off it getting in and out?
And why doesn't any of that area seem to line up with the windshield A pillar corner area?
OR... Is this the modular top and the black bar (circled) is a roll bar running side to side directly behind the front seats, from B pillar to B pillar??

EDIT: Those black areas on the window frame must be for the roof rack mount, as seen in the indoor black top Bronco pic posted on the forum. ????

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 20200711_144314

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a rumor, there were actual patents were there not? An frameless windows would be a requirement for that to work so all evidence is pointing to that being a def possibility

edit: here we go ??
Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 20200711_144314
I think this only works if the actual door skins aren't structural and narrow, and the actual structural part of the door is the framed, tubular bars that are left in place of the skins.
But seeing as these bars are accessories now. I'm really having my doubts.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The takeaways I get from this photo are three things;

1. The blue line, is a window frame rail attached to the cage so the doors can be frameless.
2. The green circle, is where it looks to be a speaker. I don’t know why else it would get wide there.
3. The red circle, I think it’s just the center console or just something we are seeing inside the vehicle. I don’t think that’s the door tubes we’ve heard about. You can clearly see the passanger seat through the sand. I’d feel we would be able to see these tubes better if they indeed were there.

Also I wonder what the black cross member is exactly. I also like that the cage is paint matching.
671F0D9C-AF13-4FF7-98EE-1997721D45CE.jpeg
Your perspective is off...
I think the blue line has nothing to do with the door opening...
The black bar that you coloured blue is running side to side, directly behind the front seats...from B pillar to B pillar... Not fore and aft over the door opening.
It messed me up too!
The red area you highlighted is nothing but sand. Zoom in and Look closely at it... And the sand in general. Just a more dense sandy spot like you see elsewhere in the image.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jesus this forum was moving faster than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs in the last 12 hours.

Soooo...anybody think it will be possible to remove EVERYTHING except the roof? Doors, glass...like the Fantasy Island cars? I can't have the sun on my delicate skin.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So... Is this the modular hard top (body coloured) or dual top? Or is this what it would look like regardless of the top when it's removed?
Curious as to the body lines across the top of the windshield? Not one piece? You'd see this kinda build on a normal, non removable hard top where the side section is welded to the roof, but why here?
And the circled area... What is going on here?
The black bar looks in front of and below the coloured bars? I hope this isn't the tubular door... If it's not, would make it real easy to crack your head off it getting in and out?
And why doesn't any of that area seem to line up with the windshield A pillar corner area?
OR... Is this the modular top and the black bar (circled) is a roll bar running side to side directly behind the front seats, from B pillar to B pillar??

EDIT: Those black areas on the window frame must be for the roof rack mount, as seen in the indoor black top Bronco pic posted on the forum. ????

The pieces you're pointing out on the windshield appear to be filler pieces for models that don't have the roof rack.

Ford Bronco This is It! 2021 Bronco With Top Off, Doors Removed, Sand In 1594496905097

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus this forum was moving faster than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs in the last 12 hours.

Soooo...anybody think it will be possible to remove EVERYTHING except the roof? Doors, glass...like the Fantasy Island cars? I can't have the sun on my delicate skin.
Don't see why not as the doors won't be attached to the roof. But a mesh sun shade does wonders!
Sponsored