dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For everyone here lamenting a retractable rear window: have y'all never had one and broken it stacking wood or throwing something that wasn't supposed to be heavy on the tailgate and breaking the glass? Serious question.
Never had it break that way on my 93 FSB. I raised (lowered?) tailgate once and the window shattered. Sort of nice because all the glass was inside the tailgate, easy to clean up. I thought maybe the window wasn't fully retracted and that was why it broke, wasn't real sure. Had the glass replaced, and it shattered again doing the same thing maybe a month or so later. Did a little more in depth looking and found the typical tailgate corrosion was allowing the torsion bar to push against the glass and eventually shatter it.

Put on a new tailgate and window, left out the stupid torsion bar, no problems.
Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MIguy’s posts seem to have disappeared... :unsure:

Sponsored

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss somethin? I feel like I have missed somethin.. I hate working sometimes

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did I miss somethin? I feel like I have missed somethin.. I hate working sometimes
He posted some minor things/hints, that’s about it. I believe he said there’s 11 colors. Also mentioned there’s something about the roof that hasn’t been guessed yet and some people will like it, but others may think it’s silly.

Monster79

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Stang, 07'F150, 23',96',93',79'Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He posted some minor things/hints, that’s about it. I believe he said there’s 11 colors. Also mentioned there’s something about the roof that hasn’t been guessed yet and some people will like it, but others may think it’s silly.
Ah lol I was just messin' but thanks. I don't know why people would want to spill some information now.. It's literally a couple of hours away. It's happening, ITS HAPPENING TODAY GENTS!!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From another thread, we might have the answer for the roof. It’s from a patent that Ford filed.

The roof panels have handles on them that have a phosphorescent coating so you can see the handles in low light situations.

It also said that the handles can be linked to each other with crossbars to form an internal rack.

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From another thread, we might have the answer for the roof. It’s from a patent that Ford filed.

The roof panels have handles on them that have a phosphorescent coating so you can see the handles in low light situations.

It also said that the handles can be linked to each other with crossbars to form an internal rack.
That certainly seems like it would fit his description, interesting.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For everyone here lamenting a retractable rear window: have y'all never had one and broken it stacking wood or throwing something that wasn't supposed to be heavy on the tailgate and breaking the glass? Serious question.
Um @texheim , most of us are too smart to actually break a rear window stacking wood... Just saying buddy ?

And no, I've never broken the rear window in any of the (3) FSB's I owned. And it'd still take the roll down rear over this swing gate thing any day. But sadly, Ford decided NOT to listen to me for this one. :mad: They may wise up by the next gen though.

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping the "First Row Soft Top Conversion for Hard Tops" still allows cargo to be hauled easily. My '16 JKU it does not (using the Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop). Jeep did fix this with the JLs by extended the drip rail all the way through the back. For the JKs they are only above the doors.

I've always hoped I would see a truly modular hard top but I don't know if that is a possibility. I would have thought that Bestop or another aftermarket company would have figured it out by now.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your Chevy Avalanche with a camper, and I raise you one Pontiac Aztek... read 'em and weep.

Ford Bronco Sunday Teaser Posted catfishCamaro
Dude, all I see is a Jeep, just look at the gas cap.

Say what you will, the regular Aztek sucked, but the Rally version was the pinnacle of Pontiac engineering. No finer Pontiac was ever produced.
Sponsored