Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For those who haven't seen, Ford is planning on running their scheduling cadence as follows:

1st Week of Scheduling - First Edition Scheduling
2nd Week of Scheduling - Non First Edition Scheduling
Remaining Weeks - Clean up of Non FE Scheduling (schedules those that didn't get a schedule date in week 2)

This cadence will repeat on a monthly basis. Last week (April 11th-17th) was the run of First Editions. We had allocation for 1 (we have over 50 reservations for FE) and it was our first timestamp that was scheduled. This week we have 25 Non-FEs that are Previewing for scheduling. They started to preview this morning, but this should give you a good sample size of what is/will schedule and where the restrictions are for the first month. This can/will change on a monthly basis. This is just what is scheduling for the first run. It should give you a good idea on bottlenecks.

Out of our 25 Previews:

Engine
2.3 - 5
2.7 -20
Any insight on delays of 2.3 vs 2.7? Understand the 2.3 is required for MT but if you're going auto do you think 2.7 is or will cause a delay?

I think the 2.3 is more than fine and can tune later if needed but was on the fence for the price (really reasonable).

Bottom line, at least for me, is that I'll keep the 2.3 if there is a delay and probably upgrade to 2.7 if not.
Sponsored

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wish my dealer understood the schedule preview. Those guys are giving me zero info.

I HATES THEM!
I gave up trying to contact my dealer regarding info on this forum. All I get is "ford hasn't communicated that with us." "the owner is out today, he's the only one who knows that"... etc.. etc... So I will just wait for an email from Ford, and pray that they didn't screw something up.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any insight on delays of 2.3 vs 2.7? Understand the 2.3 is required for MT but if you're going auto do you think 2.7 is or will cause a delay?

I think the 2.3 is more than fine and can tune later if needed but was on the fence for the price (really reasonable).

Bottom line, at least for me, is that I'll keep the 2.3 if there is a delay and probably upgrade to 2.7 if not.
The insights are the numbers. 80% of the previews were 2.7. So, one could take the implication that the 2.7 isn’t a major constraint currently.

4% is the previews were SAS. This appears to be quite constrained vs the take rate.

Etc. etc.

Bronco Cash

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info. Would you agree Zach that your previews indicate that the 2.7L is not much of a scheduling issue but (at least at this point) Sasquatch and lux package are going to cause delay? And even maybe that sasquatch is the biggest issue given only one got previewed?

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I gave up trying to contact my dealer regarding info on this forum. All I get is "ford hasn't communicated that with us." "the owner is out today, he's the only one who knows that"... etc.. etc... So I will just wait for an email from Ford, and pray that they didn't screw something up.
I am in the same situation but thankfully my salesman is willing to listen to my suggestions. He originally kept all orders with "late availability" items as priority 99 and said they would change the priority number once the commodities became available lol. I had to talk him into calling a Bronco rep for instructions. Luckily he changed my FE from priority 99 shorty after and thanked me for the info. And that's just 1 scenario I have had to deal with 😬

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aint this the truth. All I get is "Haven't heard anything yet..." -- "we should know more sometime soon..."

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing the info Zach! Appreciate the insight.

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure, but that could either be because they aren't absolutely prioritizing FE, or could be because they ran out of FE parts for the month and have to wait for them to be replenished.
My guess is they haven't ran out of parts yet, but they're definitely looking for vehicles further down the line with builds that they know don't have future "constraints".

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
imagine thinking ordering a first edition meant your vehicle would be built FIRST. They’re dedicating an entire week to building a trim of 7000 units. What more do you want?
This was a naming mistake on Ford's part. It should not have been called "First" if they were not the first off the line. It should have been something more like, Platinum or Premier.

AtomJester

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Bronco ii
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am in the same situation but thankfully my salesman is willing to listen to my suggestions. He originally kept all orders with "late availability" items as priority 99 and said they would change the priority number once the commodities became available lol. I had to talk him into calling a Bronco rep for instructions. Luckily he changed my FE from priority 99 shorty after and thanked me for the info. And that's just 1 scenario I have had to deal with 😬
This is terrifying

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to compare today's preview to the one on Thursday, which is the one that really matters. On other model lines, the Tuesday preview is basically worthless as it can totally change by the time Thursday rolls around while other dealers have entered orders. I don't know if that'll be the case for Bronco since technically all the orders are already in WBDO, but it might. I'll check Thursday and know for sure if all of mine stay the same.

But I definitely don't recommend any dealers contacting customers on the Tuesday preview....at least yet until we verify it doesn't change.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This was a naming mistake on Ford's part. It should not have been called "First" if they were not the first off the line. It should have been something more like, Platinum or Premier.
To be clear, (other than the priorities), FEs were FIRST to be scheduled. It just wasn’t all of them ;)
Sponsored