Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 Things I Hate About The New Ford Bronco
I think there are going to be many versions of a "10 Things I Hate About You" Bronco list.

Trim levels and limitations. I'm with you on this. Some of the trims allow adding on packages and others don't. Why not just have less trims and let you add on packages to any? Base model, Badlands and Outer Banks. Base is for the "BIY" (build-it-yourself) crowd. Badlands is the one for the off-roading, OB is the one for less heavy-duty off-roading. You can add leather or Lux or whatever to any.

Rear wiper. I noticed that was WTH(?!) too small early on. Made me wish Ford did more of a side-to-side swisher like you see on buses (or busses for those who prefer).

Rear A/C vent. Really surprised Ford didn't utilize the center console. Run a conduit under and up the back side with a split vent that allows each half to be directed as needed.

Antenna. This one looks like one of the most obvious oversights. Couldn't an antenna have been integrated literally anywhere? Windshield, roof support rails, whatever. How does such a tiny antenna seem to fit in any other car? I will be putting in a little stubby rubberized antenna so I can still listen to KODJ, KENZ, KXRK, KZHT, KBEE, KJMY, KSFI, KBER, KHTB, KLO, KRSP or KAAZ. ;)

Towing. I know this has been litigated to death, but some way to tow say 4,500 on the 2-door and 5,000 on the four-door would make the Bronco an even more useful adventure vehicle. The Escape can handle 3,500 for crying out loud.

Fuel tank size. This is a Ford trademark. I guess they make small tanks so that you feel better that it doesn't cost so much to refuel. I suppose there isn't room for even three more gallons? Maybe there are still lawyers working for Ford that remember the Pinto days. 😄

Interestingly, for me, the one that might suck the worst is the rear A/C. No one wants to listen to cranky people for the whole trip.
Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So the two door bronco has them like the wrangler? Then what’s everyone talking about?
I don't know about the Bronco, all I was saying that Ford uses vents on the back of the front console in their other vehicles.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is my 2 door built in beer bottle opener, that's what i want to know!!!!!!!!
Oh, man, I forgot about that one. Thanks for bringing it up. :(

Seriously, someone explain how a bottle opener only fits on the four-door model??

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10 Things I Hate About The New Ford Bronco
The A/C vents for the back seats is going to be a universal complaint in my opinion. I really can't figure out what made them think putting them below the front seats and far forward was a good idea. They're pretty much useless.

Dro

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 Door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve seen a bunch of Bronco pics without the antenna. Any particular reason why? Are they going to be on production Broncos and if so, can I just remove? Is it only used for FM/AM stereo?

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my -19 Silverado it is a button. Push to engage, push to release. It engages itself if it detects you parking on a grade or you get out and shake the truck a little.
You can also disengage it by pressing the gas.
Kind of odd. But I've gotten used to it.
EDIT:
My first thought about the mechanicals of the truck was that E-Brake.
When the salesman pulled it out of the parking spot I heard it disengage and my first thought was "Man that sounds like it will be the first electrical solenoid component to go bad.". Brake systems tend to get dirty and take a lot of abuse/heat.
But I have to have faith that the engineers who designed it all outfitted it appropriately.
I've had one of these e-brakes on my Escape since... May '16. Makes that same electrical solenoid noise. It's never failed and I use it every time I drive. Currently living in VA so it's been through both high heat and cold / snow / ice (plus I make trips to see family north of here), so I wouldn't worry much about a failure. Just did a brake job recently and while things were a bit rusty (one rotor needed a gear puller because it was stuck on... no idea why one side was much rustier than the other), the e-brake is just fine.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shock bolts are a legit issue. Not sure if they are studs or thru-bolts that can reversed?

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do wish the rear had A/C, but hoping in the 2-door my rear seat passengers will get by on what flows from the front.

Fun fact: Right now, in 2021, the base Wrangler does not come standard with A/C! WTF! You have to pay extra. Going without cool air in the Deep South is out of the question.
It wasn’t even available on the sport until the bronco info came out.

you had to opt for the sport S, THEN pay $1295 extra.

bananas!

BUT, the wrangler has rear vents in their two doors and Ford doesn’t sooo

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The A/C vents for the back seats is going to be a universal complaint in my opinion. I really can't figure out what made them think putting them below the front seats and far forward was a good idea. They're pretty much useless.
Trying to reinvent the wheel

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I disagree with point 4 on the rear ac vents, Before people throw chairs hear me out.

If you look at a typical AC diagram in a car, the placement of the vents is in the back of the arm rest. If the vents are higher like this I would be very worried about water getting in the vents and sitting in the ac ducts. By keeping the vents as low as possible and protecting them with the seats there is less chance for an issue. Most likely once the ducts get under the center console the elevated the duct to prevent water from going further into the system and doesn't allow water to sit anywhere in the ducts.

As long as the fans are strong enough to move air in the back, which it should be, I think this was a good engineering decision for ford.

MB E-class air ducts.jpg
The Bronco is missing part numbers 125, 130, 135, 140 and 150. Those would solve the rear A/C problem. If part 150 is closed before going on a hose-down frenzy, there won't be an issue. Any tiny amount of water introduced could be quickly evaporated by the de-humidified air that comes from the A/C.

Also, many people mistakenly think that 100, 105, 110, 115 are A/C ducts. These are heating ducts. Water is more likely to enter 115 than 150.

Sponsored

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Nicely done. I've been living in a cave, because I didn't even know #2 was a thing. I guess I'm going to get to figure out how to replace LCA's.

merkelsjm

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A shitty WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my -19 Silverado it is a button. Push to engage, push to release. It engages itself if it detects you parking on a grade or you get out and shake the truck a little.
You can also disengage it by pressing the gas.
Kind of odd. But I've gotten used to it.
EDIT:
My first thought about the mechanicals of the truck was that E-Brake.
When the salesman pulled it out of the parking spot I heard it disengage and my first thought was "Man that sounds like it will be the first electrical solenoid component to go bad.". Brake systems tend to get dirty and take a lot of abuse/heat.
But I have to have faith that the engineers who designed it all outfitted it appropriately.
My wife's '18 Traverse has this style ebrake. Except that it will not always disengage when you hit the gas, and you start smelling hot brakes. At that point a sensor gets too hot, and you can't disengage the ebrake with the switch, and you have to wait for them to cool down and power cycle the car before going anywhere. I hate that effing thing.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great that this thread has gone viral and Justin did make a compelling and fair video.

So how about more of you subscribe to his channel (most videos are like this) and watch his video(s).

Can't understand why the viewership isn't higher on this video on his channel, but this and several others deserve a watch, so let's support when we do find good content on YouTube.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're not wrong.

If I get Lux, why can't I get ac seats? That is a burning question.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tomorrow’s video:
Flo talks about insurance and a weak list of things she hates about Bronco.
stay tuned
Sponsored