Sponsored

The gas shortage.

Deleted member 5064

No politics. I didn't mention either political party or any particular bureaucrat.

We do however keep a strategic oil reserve just for events as this. While oil prices were low during the last 4 years, the strategic oil reserve was filled up, which is smart thinking. ;)
They literally were burying barrels of oil in the ground and storing on ships because of the glut of extra oil. Obvious because of pandemic travel greatly reduced but mostly because of the Saudi-Russia oil production war to price out competition ( USA ). Thus isnā€™t an oil supply issue but an IT Security issue
Sponsored

Sponsored

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was running on fumes and heard about all the panic going around. Luckily found a place but it's bad down here in Southern Alabama

Sponsored

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Chicken wings
Steel
Chips
Aluminum
Silicon
lean beef
Fuel
TP seems to be ok now
Camping equipment
MREs
Ammo
Wood/lumber
Who knows what else...
Our grand parents and great grandparents knew a thing or two.
A lot of ways, knowledge, and mentality is lost.
Saw a meme back at the beginning of all this last year that said "You're getting ready to find out why Granny washed and reused her tin foil."
Sadly this might actually be true.
But society isn't tough enough or mentally prepared for that scenario. And way too many people on the planet now vs. 1930. Back then most people survived by their own means and having tight-knit families/communities.
It could get ugly fast.
Probably won't.
Not this time, probably not next time....but at some point that fuse is gonna light and the cow will be out of the barn by then. (more Granny speak).

Ya'll might wanna brush up on some overlanding info and identifying what you can/can't eat in nature. And a ball bat with barbed wire in case of zombies. Your chances are extremely low, but never zero. :LOL:
Alright, I don't want to get political and if this gets me banned so be it, but I can't sit idly by while you spew such nonsense. A bat covered in barbed-wire, or more commonly a bat with nails in it is a terrible weapon for the zombie apocalypse. A bat won't do heavy enough damage to obliterate the brain on one hit frequently enough to stop a zombie from closing on you and the barbed wire is too fragile to add any benefit while adding the massive negative of helping to get the bat stuck after a strike reducing your ability to take a second swing in a timely manner. Now if you want to really do well for yourself, you find yourself a nice poleaxe. Long handled to keep a distance and provide extra power in swing, heavy enough to do some serious damage to a skull with spearing, axe, and hammer options available for the situation at hand.

Or an AR.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Add to the list....my friend owns 10 Mickey Ds franchise. She just told me thereā€™s a ketchup shortage too šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
For reference though, that is a ketchup packet shortage, not a ketchup shortage. Due to the higher demand for ketchup packets from a lot more locations doing food delivery than ever before and of course Heinz deciding not to do much about the higher demand and slowly ramp up production rather than keep up with that demand.

Please people, don't go hoarding ketchup from your grocery, there isnt a supply problem there.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Never understood why people donā€™t just fill up when at the gas station, youā€™re already there...why just put $20? Yeah i get itā€™s painful to watch it go beyond that, then fill up when it gets halfway instead of running it til it hits ā€œEā€?
Keep in mind not everyone has $50 disposable income at that very moment.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For reference though, that is a ketchup packet shortage, not a ketchup shortage. Due to the higher demand for ketchup packets from a lot more locations doing food delivery than ever before and of course Heinz deciding not to do much about the higher demand and slowly ramp up production rather than keep up with that demand.

Please people, don't go hoarding ketchup from your grocery, there isnt a supply problem there.
Fantastic, thanks for the clarification..just passing a long what info i had. She didnā€™t mention ā€œpacketsā€...didnā€™t think a lot of people like ketchup anyways šŸ˜‚

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright, I don't want to get political and if this gets me banned so be it, but I can't sit idly by while you spew such nonsense. A bat covered in barbed-wire, or more commonly a bat with nails in it is a terrible weapon for the zombie apocalypse. A bat won't do heavy enough damage to obliterate the brain on one hit frequently enough to stop a zombie from closing on you and the barbed wire is too fragile to add any benefit while adding the massive negative of helping to get the bat stuck after a strike reducing your ability to take a second swing in a timely manner. Now if you want to really do well for yourself, you find yourself a nice poleaxe. Long handled to keep a distance and provide extra power in swing, heavy enough to do some serious damage to a skull with spearing, axe, and hammer options available for the situation at hand.

Or an AR.
Hopefully this is kosher too, if not I understand why it would be deleted. A while ago I read an interesting argument that .22LR is optimal for zombies. The ammo is readily available, super light and small for storage and portability, easy to shoot, and interoperable in a lot of different types of firearm.
Sponsored