Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I dont get any kind of timeframe this week, ill be pretty upset. I think most of us are ok waiting to get the Bronco. We just want to know that things are being taken care of and that our orders are being respected. We just want to know about WHEN we will get the Bronco.

These forums provide a little too much information and speculation. Thats driving some of us to get a little crazy.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Time for a drink.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My question is why did Ford push the Modular top an entire production year out? What, they don't EXPECT Webslacko to be able to successfully make ANY mod tops until December? Did they give them a contract modification, saying "you couldn't meet our supplier requirements to make these in 2021....no worries....just get your act together and try again next year."?

This top fiasco is called supplier non-performance. They need to be heavily penalized on their award fee, as well as probably having the top contracts open back up for bids from other companies. The above posts that say "it would take as long to get a new company making tops" is just uneducated guesswork. A good plastics molding company could follow the DESIGN (yes, there are blueprints for these tops) and crank them out within a month of two of contact award.

Or.....Ford just lets Webslacko off the hook, and tells 60,000 reservation holders to "just get the floppy top."

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yup. If the Bronco had come out anywhere near early estimates, I likely would have bought one as a purely emotional purchase. But like that hot summer crush, the excitement has subsided and I’m quite content to stick with my F-150.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It would be interesting to see how many reservations they will lose over the next few months. Like I have said before I am guessing the majority of people with a reservation are not like us and having to wait another few months to a year will probably not fly with the average person.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It would be interesting to see how many reservations they will lose over the next few months. Like I have said before I am guessing the majority of people with a reservation are not like us and having to wait another few months to a year will probably not fly with the average person.
Agreed. Although other manufacturers are also facing delays due to covid. Thankfully for bronco, the 21 defenders are basically gone at this point and the 22s haven’t arrived, and to custom spec a 22 defender went from being 3 month lead time to 6. Ask me how I know. Lol.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
On 12/15/20 and 1/15/21, Ford announced the order timeline, the notification of delivery timeline and the actual delivery timelines.

So far, Ford is pretty close to what they communicated in those announcements. I don't know what is rumor vs fact relative to Wabasto, and I don't care.

I think a lot of people are seeing the sausage be made for the first time, and it is messy. Most products are like this, most projects have issues, the consumer only sees the finished product and they never know what it took to be realized.

At the end of the day, it is just a vehicle. I am not emotional involved. I will enjoy it when it comes, I am enjoying life without it.
This is a great way to see it all. 👍

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
must be boring here , 10 pages of nothing since 6:30 this morning :rolleyes:
I like tacos & BEER 🌮

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Let’s just wait until June 1st to see what is and what is not communicated about converted orders and build timeframe.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
With no soft top availability for the 2 door I have been considering changing to a four door with a soft top. Now to keep it around the same cost, I am also considering going 2.3/MT. Maybe, just maybe, this is what Ford wants us to do. I am not calling it a conspiracy, lol, but a underhanded marketing strategy IMO.
Really..to spend around 40K on something and have to settle for whatever you can get seems nuts to me . Life is way to short ,get what you want or move on. As for me Im getting very close to moving on. I’m going to make my final decision in June. Good luck to you. 😎

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really really want a bronco ,yes it has been a shitshow and i dont need another ride ,and as a first 20 min reserverer it kinda chaps to see others move ahead ,the daily nut punch hurt as well from ford too lucky for me im pretty tough.
Myself i would be so happy with a tech free ,hand crank window,na v6 or v8 engine ,no goats,no screens,but that gonna happen so it come here daily take my lumps or go get a bunch of 2in dom tubing and just make something in the garage fustrating yes boring no.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read them...tell me the part where they said there were delays due to MIC tops?

I get that it is popular to feel angst about this process, it seems mostly undeserved, IMO.
This brings the need for a “lmao-puke-shitmypants” combo super emoji

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These were supposed to come out summer 2021. It's not even summer yet. I have two reservations and two VINs. Seems on track to me.
First day reservation put off to 22. Seems like crap to me.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
hahaha, he's good people. Put 4 kids thru college driving a truck for the last 40 years. Pretty handy with a wrench too...

But seriously. Busch.

*shudder*
Top five beer preferences?

this deserves a thread.. and polessss

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 70 and 75 did not have any fancy electronics on them and they are worth more than a 21 is loaded. The days of simple reliable is gone. The closest thing to a bronco IMO would be a defender 90. Maybe a 4 runner. A wrangler is to much a off road machine to be with the Bronco,,,,LOL.
Sponsored