First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ms. Shoes wants to buy a 4runner. They simply don't exist in our area. I'm kinda pissed. Whole market is a mess right now. I'm just glad we both have nice, reliable cars until we can get the bronco and she can hunt down a 4runner.

I just try to forget about it and keep putting money aside to put more down or for accessories, because a little lift and some 37s are going to end up on mine.
Maybe no 4Runners, but I've spotted some 2022 Defenders starting to appear in dealer inventories...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being in a hot, sunny place... I DO want a Cadillac soft top.

It makes more sense here to have a really good soft top to keep out the heat and the occassional monsoon storm and hold up to the UV damage and easily be ably to open or ditch the top the rest of the time.

In a perfect world my Bronco would have a heavy twill soft top in either tan or an off-white natual canvas/boat sail color.
Yes - you understand. When it comes to a soft top, the gold standard is the Twill Bestop. Vinyl is trash and doesn't hold up over time.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe no 4Runners, but I've spotted some 2022 Defenders starting to appear in dealer inventories...
so ugly. So so ugly.

I feel bad for you, OP. Go get in one at a dealer, if you can. That helped me a little. Pretty soon (and I'm talking days) lots of dealers will have them and you'll be able to test drive. That should also help. I might test drive ever couple of days until mine comes in.

There's probably a name for what you (we) are experiencing. But you (we) are passionate people. We are people that want something very specific that does not yet exist. We are people that are willing to buy a car that hasn't been made yet and there were no demo models to check out. That's not normal. We are the fringe. And as any fringe element, you are going to feel highs and lows at a greater impact than regular people.

In a couple years, Ford will be pumping out a couple hundred thousand of these per year (just like jeep does). And then they'll loose this unobtanium allure that we are all suffering from. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will be able to walk into a dealer, pick a color and a few options, and get a vehicle sourced from a network in their area. They'll get it in a few days. Is that better? Are you that kind of person? I'm guessing no.

Look man, you gotta get it together. I am giving you medium-hard virtual slap in the face. SNAP OUT OF IT! Be tough. You are gonna get a Bronco. NOBODY has one right now. You will get one of the first ones available. It's just going to be a little while longer. You can do it.

I'm driving a goddamn minivan right now while I wait.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TL;DR — You can be informed about the reality of current challenges, optimistic about the future, and chill about the apparent contrast of those differing perspectives, all at the same time.
And parsing fact from rumor on this forum is a messy task, regardless of what random internet experts say about supply chain and vendor delays.

8 pages in, and there is still predominantly more rumor than fact...I suppose my realty is in a "wait and see" status until actual information is released.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And parsing fact from rumor on this forum is a messy task, regardless of what random internet experts say about supply chain and vendor delays.

8 pages in, and there is still predominantly more rumor than fact...I suppose my realty is in a "wait and see" status until actual information is released.
In both my business and my investments, I know full well that where there’s smoke, there’s often fire. I can’t afford to simply ignore rumors and assume they’re not true just because they’re unverified. I do my own research and satisfy myself of what the likely situation really is, despite significant uncertainty at times, and I make prudent decisions based on all available information, both confirmed and unconfirmed. That’s just the way I roll. YMMV.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has become boring and depressing. :( I feel like we have been stuck in neutral if not reverse for the past six months. If Webasto and whoever else can’t get the job done in a reasonable amount of time which they obviously haven’t been able to do so far then Ford needs to kick them to the curb and find somebody who can.
I agree totally, who ever the supply chain mangers are for Bronco they should be fired.

croyco

Black Diamond
First Name
croydon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so ugly. So so ugly.

I feel bad for you, OP. Go get in one at a dealer, if you can. That helped me a little. Pretty soon (and I'm talking days) lots of dealers will have them and you'll be able to test drive. That should also help. I might test drive ever couple of days until mine comes in.

There's probably a name for what you (we) are experiencing. But you (we) are passionate people. We are people that want something very specific that does not yet exist. We are people that are willing to buy a car that hasn't been made yet and there were no demo models to check out. That's not normal. We are the fringe. And as any fringe element, you are going to feel highs and lows at a greater impact than regular people.

In a couple years, Ford will be pumping out a couple hundred thousand of these per year (just like jeep does). And then they'll loose this unobtanium allure that we are all suffering from. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will be able to walk into a dealer, pick a color and a few options, and get a vehicle sourced from a network in their area. They'll get it in a few days. Is that better? Are you that kind of person? I'm guessing no.

Look man, you gotta get it together. I am giving you medium-hard virtual slap in the face. SNAP OUT OF IT! Be tough. You are gonna get a Bronco. NOBODY has one right now. You will get one of the first ones available. It's just going to be a little while longer. You can do it.

I'm driving a goddamn minivan right now while I wait.
I am driving my ATV to work. Not fun sort of.
Been a Jeep guy all my life, and built a lot of them. I know how much work and $ it takes to build a off road SUV to the level of a Bronco with the full off package. The Bronco is way cheaper.

Sponsored

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's because we have been trained to have the attention span of a hummingbird. We get all excited about the new hotness and then if we don't get what we want we get bored and move on to the next thing.

https://www.f150gen14.com/

If you want to relive the Bronco misery just head over and look at the wide eyed and optimistic people on the Lightning forum. It will make you feel old and wise. You can just nod you head and go "I remember when I was that enthusiastic about a vehicle..."
..Their optimism is brand new...give it time...

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I read them...tell me the part where they said there were delays due to MIC tops?

I get that it is popular to feel angst about this process, it seems mostly undeserved, IMO.
OK, who let the Webasto CEO in here, we really need to get a handle on who we let in here, just sayin!

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I'm looking at it is Ford is like Santas toy shop. The Bronco is the new hot toy that everyone wants so badly. Webasto is like Elf (Will Ferrell) and is constantly behind on his daily quota and is well a cotton-headed ninny muggins...

200.gif
Perfect analogy.

Maybe if we all sing loud enough, it will create enough Bronco cheer to make the tops work.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, who let the Webasto CEO in here, we really need to get a handle on who we let in here, just sayin!
yea I try to go over there and spread some knowledge 😅. There has to be a bunch of bronco reservation people over there besides me.
Sponsored