Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many dynamics at work here.

Ford has farmed out very much of their content over the last 20 years.It has historically been cheaper to operate this way.
They really don't have a "real time" finger on the pulse of their suppliers.
Ford has eaten many warranty costs of suppliers because it would bankrupt the suppliers.(That has been one of the costs of farming things out.)

The pandemic, (restrictions) worldwide ,nationwide, and in Michigan has wreaked havoc on the supply chain.
Also, and at least in this country, the benefits granted to unemployed people pretty much outweigh the wages of many working class people.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know that it’s prudent for a company to essentially bash another company, in a public setting, when they have contracts with them. I’m obviously no lawyer or any of that crap, so I don’t know how that stuff works... but, from being a supervisor for half of my life, I know you can’t spew a bunch of derogatory comments about an employee.

Im probably wrong, but that’s how I perceive the so-called lack of communication from Ford.

Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that today's news is out there....

Within the last 6 weeks, Ford engineers were dispatched en mass to the Webasto plant in Plymouth to troubleshoot issues with factory output. In the time since, Ford has effectively assumed operational control of the plant and are working to resolve the issue under threat of vacating the contract entirely.

Some MAP employees have spent their shutdown time over in Plymouth trying to get things moving.

The "additional millions to resolve supply chain issues" in today's messaging specifically references the major rework Ford is paying for at the facility.

The good news is that the early quality concerns have been completely addressed, as the assemblies currently coming out meet all the agreed upon standards. However, both the physical setup of the plant itself and a toxic, disorganized management culture are severely limiting output of product and onboarding of employees.

The ship is being righted but it won't be fully resolved in the near term.

Source: same as all the other info I've shared along the way... friends in engineering and production on this project.
Who’s a fortune 🔮 teller?
Me.
1D7284E0-494E-44C2-BC72-DAB950B877C4.jpeg

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t know that it’s prudent for a company to essentially bash another company, in a public setting, when they have contracts with them. I’m obviously no lawyer or any of that crap, so I don’t know how that stuff works... but, from being a supervisor for half of my life, I know you can’t spew a bunch of derogatory comments about an employee.

Im probably wrong, but that’s how I perceive the so-called lack of communication from Ford.
It wouldn’t help. Webasto will pay for their sins. Shutting down an assembly plant results in all of the plant variable cost being charged to the supplier.

Ford is focusing on getting tops ASAP and starting from scratch with another is not the fastest route. Long term alternative suppliers will be explored.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Within the last 6 weeks, Ford engineers were dispatched en mass to the Webasto plant in Plymouth to troubleshoot issues with factory output. In the time since, Ford has effectively assumed operational control of the plant and are working to resolve the issue under threat of vacating the contract entirely.

Some MAP employees have spent their shutdown time over in Plymouth trying to get things moving.

The "additional millions to resolve supply chain issues" in today's messaging specifically references the major rework Ford is paying for at the facility.

The good news is that the early quality concerns have been completely addressed, as the assemblies currently coming out meet all the agreed upon standards. However, both the physical setup of the plant itself and a toxic, disorganized management culture are severely limiting output of product and onboarding of employees.

Source: same as all the other info I've shared along the way... friends in engineering and production on this project.

Thanks for posting. Good to know some info. (y)(y)

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

If the supplier promises and doesn't deliver and it costs Ford $$$$$ then all bets are off.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow. The story comes out. I hope Ford fixes the operation, or takes it over entirely. That 4 piece roof on the 4dr is important . . . If anything is out of alignment or tolerance, we don't need a leaking roof!