Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the video. The driver took it in stride way better than I would have, if my brand new bronco was missing the headliner, had electrical issues and a goat mode/traction control issue in the first 100 miles.

Plus I know looks can be deceiving when filming a vehicle driving off-road but needing lockers on that slightly rutted gravel road and all the scraping???......yeesh, that was not an encouraging video.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pro drivers....prolly individually trained by Ford engineers. Too many controls....almost like trying to fly the Space Shuttle
I always found it interesting that in the pro driver videos and off rodeo vids they engage an exotic GOAT mode in situations where I wouldn't think it would be needed. Maybe this is why, to let the nannies know they are about to experience something out of the ordinary.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't call Bronco piss-poor....but NonSAS BD has less ground clearance than my Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Not according to either manufacturer....Trailhawk at 8.7" and BD at 9.3"....of course, look under them and even a base Bronco is far superior in usable ground clearance overall; you have to look at more than just the low point.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m definitely all in on the Bronco, but I’d be lying if I did not say that watching those issues come up in his video reminded me of TFL’s Defender woes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It was a good video and I appreciate it OP.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is analogous to the problems experienced by software controlled and fly by wire aircraft. If you are letting a computer algorithm determine important things like angle of attack, you have catastrophes like the 737-max, or the lack of feedback to the pilot that have caused Airbus crashes. https://www.fastcompany.com/1669720/how-lousy-cockpit-design-crashed-an-airbus-killing-228-people

I ordered a bare bones Big Bend from the beginning, and said the whole time all this software and "assist" is just stuff to break. Or, as we may see more of, cause the "pilot" to be locked out of basic driving abilities. I don't need camera, software picking my shift points and throttle settings, that's what my mind and experience is for. Hence, my manual transmission, standard trim level. The more you take away from the driver experience, the less I like a vehicle. But I drive a 53 year old motorcycle. And worked in aerospace and the pilot training industry.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thanks for the video. The driver took it in stride way better than I would have, if my brand new bronco was missing the headliner, had electrical issues and a goat mode/traction control issue in the first 100 miles.

Plus I know looks can be deceiving when filming a vehicle driving off-road but needing lockers on that slightly rutted gravel road and all the scraping???......yeesh, that was not an encouraging video.
Yeah - I did more scraping on an easy trail covered in rocks my first time to Uwharrie in my Rubicon. Then started stepping up - 32's - 34's and eventually 3" of lift. I am hoping to get 295/70-17s on the 2 door Badlands, and be good enough for a while. I will avoid that one trail though. (Pretty sure it was Rocky Mount between 553 and Sawmill.)

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It was a good video and I appreciate it OP.
Yes, I agree: All information is good to have; and, share. Truck problem(s), Truck issue(s), User issues and error(s) - We all learn / and what's wrong with that (??) / Thank you OP !!

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With that said, I'm FAR more concerned with the quality of that hard top over the hiccup off-road. WTF.. Loose fiberglass fibers floating in the air every time you hit a hard bump is a major health hazard.
Wait, what? This has to be a joke...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn't this the guy that didn't know BD had blue accents until it showed up?

I wouldn't rule out operator error just yet.
I agree, watched his first video and had lots of details wrong.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

L
Wait, what? This has to be a joke...
Lol. There are no loose fiberglass fibers floating around.
I use to work in aircraft composites and that open edge is typical of a honeycomb reinforced layup. Normally something like that would be sealed by hand post-production.
Could be an area of concern for water ingestion though, which would be bad.
Sponsored