Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, that's perfect and my exact build. Though I'm an 8/6 reservation, so probably a 2022. Will post a picture of the hero switches on the dash, and if there's a power port up on the dash? (Might be lux only, but I can't remember at this point). Congrats on your delivery!
The cameras on my F150 and F350 leave a lot to be desired. The resolution is low and the quality sucks. My cheap Kia has a better camera. With the 12" screen I imagine the resolution really looks bad unless Ford has gotten better cameras
Sponsored

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cameras on my F150 and F350 leave a lot to be desired. The resolution is low and the quality sucks. My cheap Kia has a better camera. With the 12" screen I imagine the resolution really looks bad unless Ford has gotten better cameras
Have you seen any of the videos of the screen in action? Because they're incredible. Moab Ride Along start at 3:51.

I've seen some super negative comments from you. Why are you here?

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen any of the videos of the screen in action? Because they're incredible. Moab Ride Along start at 3:51.

I've seen some super negative comments from you. Why are you here?
Researching adding a Bronco to my stable.. Moron..........

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Researching adding a Bronco to my stable.. Moron..........
Name calling doesn't seem necessary there, but okay. Especially when you're the one talking about things you have no knowledge of. I bet you're a blast at parties.

There are a ton of videos on YouTube that show some of the amazing (and not amazing) attributes of the Bronco. I'm sure if you searched the forum for Camera, you could find a ton of stuff about how great they are.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The cameras seem very good, but other people are often much more critical than me.

Sponsored

HurricanE

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you had a chance to see if you can change Baja mode to 2H?

Some reports said you could to essentially make it "Sport" mode, however another reviewer said it wouldn't allow them to go past 2nd gear.

Pedrinh089

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings Congrats she is a beauty! I have a very similar setup and going 33” because I like these wheels the best. Just wanting patiently for mine to arrive.

A few questions on the interior:

1. Is the seat height adjustable on the passenger side?
2. Is there lumbar support adjustment on the passenger side?
3. Does the backseat have the pull down arm rest with cup holders?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Mattwings Congrats she is a beauty! I have a very similar setup and going 33” because I like these wheels the best. Just wanting patiently for mine to arrive.

A few questions on the interior:

1. Is the seat height adjustable on the passenger side?
2. Is there lumbar support adjustment on the passenger side?
3. Does the backseat have the pull down arm rest with cup holders?
1. I haven’t sat in it yet.
2. I believe so.
3. No, leather only I believe.

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you had a chance to see if you can change Baja mode to 2H?

Some reports said you could to essentially make it "Sport" mode, however another reviewer said it wouldn't allow them to go past 2nd gear.
I have had it in Baja mode, but didn’t try 2H. I will mess with it more comprehensively once it’s broken in.

Upora

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2013 BMW 135i LE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all congratulations!

second of all, gee must be nice, damn lux too?

Sponsored

Roadrunner71

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mattwings,
Thanks for all of your replies to the questions. I saw this video from Motorweek and actually spoke with Ben Davis on the phone. Super nice guy!

My question has to do with his comments at 1:05 to 1:20 in the video about the ride quality of the Sas vs OBX on pavement (OBX is stiffer). Since the BL has the same Advanced Bilstein shocks as the Sas, how would you rate the on-road ride quality?

Also, exactly which tires did you opt for? The All Terrain 33 or the Mud Terrain 33?

Thx,

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mattwings,
Thanks for all of your replies to the questions. I saw this video from Motorweek and actually spoke with Ben Davis on the phone. Super nice guy!

My question has to do with his comments at 1:05 to 1:20 in the video about the ride quality of the Sas vs OBX on pavement (OBX is stiffer). Since the BL has the same Advanced Bilstein shocks as the Sas, how would you rate the on-road ride quality?

Also, exactly which tires did you opt for? The All Terrain 33 or the Mud Terrain 33?

Thx,
I have driven two current Gen Broncos. Mine (2.7 Badlands 33" BFG KO2s) and 2.3L Big Bend Sasquatch with the 35" "Multi-Terrains". I don't remember if Ford is offering and 33" KO3 Mud Terrain. MI is primarily sand, so I am good with the AT. I find the ride very good. Maybe a bit firmer than my 2018 f150 in some respects, but it is definitely tuned with an off road bias. It sets softly into turns with slightly more body roll than my past trucks. It stays planted, but it is definitely intentional and not aimed at ultimate pavement handling.

On a related note, the stay-bar disconnect does make the slow speed ride much better off road. My three occupants could notice when I disconnected the sway-bar when we are doing some low speed trail riding yesterday.

Overall the ride and handling are excellent and exceed my expectations. My wife was never a fan of my LJ, she is a huge fan of the Bronco.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dogs... what kind of dogs do you have and how easy is it for them to get in and out?

I will be going from a Flex to a Badlands and wondering if I need to get side steps for the pooches or a step to carry.
Hello! I have several dogs...ranging from 35 pounds to 210...and the BEST solution I have found so far is one of these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/PortablePET-TWISTEP-Dog-Step-for-SUV/1002628808

You have to order in person at a Lowes (if you want the best price...although other places sell them). It attaches to the hitch, and it does this:

https://twistep.com/ it rotates and stores under the vehicle. Super convenient for loading dogs or to stand on to put stuff on the roof.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello! I have several dogs...ranging from 35 pounds to 210...and the BEST solution I have found so far is one of these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/PortablePET-TWISTEP-Dog-Step-for-SUV/1002628808

You have to order in person at a Lowes (if you want the best price...although other places sell them). It attaches to the hitch, and it does this:

https://twistep.com/ it rotates and stores under the vehicle. Super convenient for loading dogs or to stand on to put stuff on the roof.
Awesome resource! Thanks for that. Will definitely consider it.
Sponsored