Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, it's the same with Jeeps. The straight up angle of the windshields seem to just draw rocks to them. Sorry this happened to you.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck dogging rocks. Just kill me now.
Ford Bronco Day 1 windshield damage..... 20211027_101651
That sucks! Sorry it happened to you. I wonder if anyone has those windshields in stock?

Sponsored

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know damn near nothing about windshield fitment between makes/models of different vehicles. I have to imagine that the Bronco’s steep angle much like a Jeep contributes to the unique shape and fit of the windshield. While that doesn’t bode well for replacement availability, I also haven’t seen any price inflation or material scarcity surrounding windshields (yet 💀).

Sorry that happened to you, I imagine it probably took the wind out of your sails.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And there goes $1500...................do the deflectors on the front of the hood actually work? Yours hit so high that I figure it wouldn't have helped....

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And there goes $1500...................do the deflectors on the front of the hood actually work? Yours hit so high that I figure it wouldn't have helped....
I bought one of those; sitting in my office as I await my Bronco. According to some members, it did make a noticeable difference on deflecting rocks and bugs over the windshield. Honestly, I like the look of it and if it helps, that's awesome. It won't prevent everything though.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone on the forum who's used them for years said they do work. Considering getting one. Either that or I'll be going through 1-2 windshields a year. :\

Part #: VM2DZ16C900B

Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sucks.....I had a direct hit to my windshield a few weeks ago and thought I was going to be driving with a cracked windshield for a few months, but alas it was an acorn. I feel for you.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Filed claim with safelite online. Scheduled for next Tuesday replacement. Didn't mention not being in stock. Hopefully they don't mess anything up. Major bummer.
I’d be curious as to if their lead time is correct. I asked (safelite) when I got my crack filled and got a “6-8 months” timefeame for a complete windshield.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Filed claim with safelite online. Scheduled for next Tuesday replacement. Didn't mention not being in stock. Hopefully they don't mess anything up. Major bummer.
They are a quality company, but just make sure they calibrate your sensors (the camera by the rearview mirror) to the new glass. Otherwise your lane keep/safety sensors won't quite work right.
Sponsored