First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I bought it almost a month ago, I've not followed to close so to keep stone chips to a minimum. I know I'll get one at some point. But I don't have one as of this day. So I attached ford factory trailer hitch. I made an appointment to have the factory wiring harness I stalled and so other warranty work done. The break light keeps coming on, and back window clip is broken from day one. So I dropped it off on Wednesday and picked it up last night about 545. Then I went to a job for work and then out to eat with the family. We I got home and in the mail received the new hood shocks. So I installed them. Then I look at the wire they ran to the battery for the tow harness and they didn't cut the tie strap. So I cut it., then thought maybe they dint cut the one near the hitch. They didn't! No big deal, but then I look up where they pulled the fender off and reinstalled. They bent the metal and the clip guilds weren't even in the holes. The fender is out of shape. So I'm alittle unhappy and went to bed. I get up in the morning and take the top down for the wife because I have to work and am taking the truck. I find they scratched the paint where they took the back window out to see what clip needed fixed. I don't understand why people just slam things togther without doing research! Videos everywhere, fenders have to line up before you push them in. Take your time, and I sure don't want it touchup with a touch up kit.
Ford Bronco Dealership Damage 20210828_082245
Ford Bronco Dealership Damage 20210827_212239
Ford Bronco Dealership Damage 20210827_212243
Ford Bronco Dealership Damage 20210827_212406
Sponsored

GeorgiaBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Bronco, 89 Grand Wagoneer, 15 Mustang GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve never used a Ford dealer service dept that gave a crap about doing things right…very disappointing. However, they are experts in communicating how important it is to give them a 5 star review.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I bought it almost a month ago, I've not followed to close so to keep stone chips to a minimum. I know I'll get one at some point. But I don't have one as of this day. So I attached ford factory trailer hitch. I made an appointment to have the factory wiring harness I stalled and so other warranty work done. The break light keeps coming on, and back window clip is broken from day one. So I dropped it off on Wednesday and picked it up last night about 545. Then I went to a job for work and then out to eat with the family. We I got home and in the mail received the new hood shocks. So I installed them. Then I look at the wire they ran to the battery for the tow harness and they didn't cut the tie strap. So I cut it., then thought maybe they dint cut the one near the hitch. They didn't! No big deal, but then I look up where they pulled the fender off and reinstalled. They bent the metal and the clip guilds weren't even in the holes. The fender is out of shape. So I'm alittle unhappy and went to bed. I get up in the morning and take the top down for the wife because I have to work and am taking the truck. I find they scratched the paint where they took the back window out to see what clip needed fixed. I don't understand why people just slam things togther without doing research! Videos everywhere, fenders have to line up before you push them in. Take your time, and I sure don't want it touchup with a touch up kit.
I would publicly shame this service department by name. Ridiculous.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to flat rate warranty work. Sad state of affairs but most people really don't care. Some do but not many.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kia and Subaru dealerships both overfilled oil on my vehicles by significant amounts - talking way up the dipstick past full mark. You'd think the dealership would know the proper amount?

Pep Boys for some reason slathered blue locking compound all over the outside of our Dodge van oil drain plug. Making it a pain for me to later remove and clean off.

Local shop messed up the sway bar ball link on our Dodge van - by leaving it loose. That chewed up the threads. Was making a clanking noise and I ended up having to use a die, to re-cut the threads and allow for fully tightening down.

And last week Discount Tire screwed up a mount/balance for my old Land Rover wheel. Scratched up the new wheel, and technician (using that word liberally) tried passing it off as balanced. I'm like "where are the weights?". Then technician admits he wasn't able to balance the wheel. Claimed it should be fine. What?!

Summary - I have little faith in others working on my vehicles these days. :(
Sponsored